[DAN/NOR] Norway and Denmark prospects (2005 Draft)?

Kugel
07-04-2004, 12:06 AM
does anyone know of any prospects for the 05 NHL draft.....i thought i heard of some guys but not sure......thanks

Predatore
07-04-2004, 07:12 AM
Denmark
Kirill Starkov
Slava Truhno
Morten Madsen
Andrei Chistyakov (if he becomes a Dane)

Norway?.. don't think there are any standout prospects for next year..

zecke26
07-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Slava Truhno

wasn't truhno drafted by a CHL team a few days ago? i wonder if he would go over the pond. wouldn't be bad for him.

denmark is on the rise.

Predatore
07-04-2004, 08:50 AM
yes he was, as was Peter Regin :)

zecke26
07-04-2004, 08:56 AM

who went earlier?

and a shame that hansen wasn't drafted as well. now he has to go to malmö.

Teus
07-04-2004, 09:02 AM
who went earlier?

and a shame that hansen wasn't drafted as well. now he has to go to malmö.
Truhno at 39 and Regin at 52: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/events/pop.php?id=225

Two players from Norway, that are eligible for 2005, were drafted:
Joakin Jensen, Manglerud
Mathis Olimb, Manglerud

zecke26
07-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Truhno at 39 and Regin at 52: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/events/pop.php?id=225

ah thanks. interesting because truhno may become the highest drafted danish player next year.

Two players from Norway, that are eligible for 2005, were drafted:
Joakin Jensen, Manglerud
Mathis Olimb, Manglerud

well, olimb was eligible this year and so far i see no reason to expect him to be taken in next years draft.

Riddarn
07-04-2004, 10:24 AM

No swedes going to the CHL next year?

Predatore
07-04-2004, 10:54 AM
nope, no new Swedes.
Björn Svensson will continue to play there though.. and I guess that Gustav Engman and Bobby Williams could stay as well.

Riddarn
07-04-2004, 11:08 AM
nope, no new Swedes.
Björn Svensson will continue to play there though.. and I guess that Gustav Engman and Bobby Williams could stay as well.

I don't understand why. There ought to be more players in sweden willing to play in the best junior leagues in the world. :shakehead

Kugel
07-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Denmark
Kirill Starkov
Slava Truhno
Morten Madsen
Andrei Chistyakov (if he becomes a Dane)

Norway?.. don't think there are any standout prospects for next year..
i hear that Morten Madsen might be a first rounder......is this true?

Predatore
07-04-2004, 12:50 PM
i hear that Morten Madsen might be a first rounder......is this true?

First rounder might be a stretch but it is very early to tell really. I'd say there are probably around 4-5 Swedish forwards that are just as good or better than Madsen eligible for the draft.. but I don't see all of them going in the first round.

czechhockeyfan
07-07-2004, 10:02 AM
First rounder might be a stretch but it is very early to tell really. I'd say there are probably around 4-5 Swedish forwards that are just as good or better than Madsen eligible for the draft.. but I don't see all of them going in the first round.

Still Madsen is definitely excellent prospect. Should be the highest drafted Dane.

Chapin Landvogt
07-09-2004, 11:20 AM
I'm very curious to see whether Olimb will go the CHL and if so, what he'll end up doing. I know Kyle Woodlief from RedLine Report was very high on him and thought he was quite a super young player.

Sometimes you never know. Yannic Seidenberg of Germany dropped out of the 2003 draft although he was expected to be taken in a later round. He then went to the WHL where he put up 19-47-66 in 67 games and then 19 points in the post season, then he wasn't drafted this summer. I wonder what would happen if Olimb could have a season a little better than that???
:dunno:

Swedelicious
07-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Joakin Jensen, Manglerud

Does anyone have a scout report on him? What type of player is he?