[FIN] Markus Seikola

souL
07-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Can someone give me some information about him and his potential?

md17
07-11-2004, 04:58 AM
Can someone give me some information about him and his potential?

When Seikola broke in to the league, to me he looked like a good two-way D-man prospect with Lydman type potential. He played very mature, smart game in his own end and had some budding offensive talent. However, he strugled quite a bit after that, until making a comeback of a sort at the end of last season, when he played some good hockey, especially in the play offs.
Over all, Seikolas progress has been dissapointing, but I haven't lost all hope yet. At the moment I wouldn't expect a NHL-career for Seikola, unless he makes some real strides in his development. If he does, he might turn out to be a smart "4:th D-man" type. Not much offensive output, but good basic puck skills and hocky sense, and hopefully, smart positional defensive game. The last one is crucial for Seikola if he want's to get to NHL some day. That and some more punch in the physical aspects of the game. As it is he doesn't play tough enough compared to his limited offensive potential IMO. In Finland, of course, he doesn't really have to. A year in AHL would tell if he's got what it takes or not I guess.

souL
07-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks a lot, that was exactly the kind of information I was looking for.