Nicklas D. Jensen vs Nicolai Meyer

Mathletic
04-18-2011, 04:36 AM
I know Jensen is slated as a top 15 pick in the draft. However, it looks odd to me that Meyer seems to outscore Jensen in international competitions ... especially the last U20 Div 1 tournament ... yet, Meyer has 50/50 shot to even get drafted. Is one overrated for looking good on ice or is the other underrated?

danishdynamite
04-18-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm also surprised that Meyer is not considered a lock. I think he will get drafted though. He has very good numbers in the Swedish J20 and two good WC.

Jensen is playing in a better league with better numbers though.

Pajicz
04-18-2011, 12:16 PM
I believe that Meyer is a bit underrated due to his nationality...Denmark isn't the biggest hockey country yet, although you're developing quickly.

Those international tournaments don't tell everything. Players who score points consistently night after night tend to have better careers than guys who just have awesome tournament and aren't so competitive in their clubs.

(Even though you're developing, I'm still sure you won't beat us Finns next time ;))

DenGC
04-22-2011, 01:57 AM
I'd call him a diamond in the rough (boom or bust type of player).
He has incredible offensive skills when he is on. Got lots of things to work on though (defensive game and play without the puck).
I think he'll get drafted. Probably in the later rounds though.