VIEW THE FULL VERSION : TSN: "Cabbie" Joins TSN With New Show

Everlong
06-01-2011, 03:51 PM
http://tsn.ca/other_sports/story/?id=367577

"TSN announced today that the highly-entertaining Cabral "Cabbie" Richards has joined the network as host of CABBIE PRESENTS, a weekly segment airing Fridays on SPORTSCENTRE. Cabbie will preview his new role tonight at 5 p.m. ET on OFF THE RECORD WITH MICHAEL LANDSBERG. On top of his new role at TSN, Cabbie will continue to be a special correspondent for THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW."

So it's official. Nobody is watching TheScore.

Good pickup for tsn, always loved his antics.

For those who don't know him:
KAF05ylVTaA

geary17
06-01-2011, 03:52 PM
The man's got some great antics.

TML g u n n e R s*
06-01-2011, 03:53 PM
a ****** G.

ruspect my man

Leafssss
06-01-2011, 03:56 PM
$50 says he does an interview with Mark Owuya within the next year.

The Nemesis
06-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Huh. I had noticed that he hadn't been on The Score for a while. They had that jackass from the old radio simulcast show doing the "journey to the cup" segment and it was terrible.

Good for TSN. Sucks for The Score. Nobody worth their salt stays there anymore it seems. Except for Sid & Tim, likely because no other network would let them do highlights and discussion and whatnot with the goofy tone that they use.

Not like I watch The Score for more than 10-15 minutes any given day, if at all, though.

Theron
06-01-2011, 04:02 PM

"TSN announced today that the highly-entertaining Cabral "Cabbie" Richards has joined the network as host of CABBIE PRESENTS, a weekly segment airing Fridays on SPORTSCENTRE. Cabbie will preview his new role tonight at 5 p.m. ET on OFF THE RECORD WITH MICHAEL LANDSBERG. On top of his new role at TSN, Cabbie will continue to be a special correspondent for THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW."

KAF05ylVTaA
phew, thank god ;)

nice to see cabbie finally get another gig

Leaf Rocket
06-01-2011, 04:09 PM

KAF05ylVTaA

lmfao classic had me laughing so bad haha

Suntouchable13
06-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Huh. I had noticed that he hadn't been on The Score for a while. They had that jackass from the old radio simulcast show doing the "journey to the cup" segment and it was terrible.

Good for TSN. Sucks for The Score. Nobody worth their salt stays there anymore it seems. Except for Sid & Tim, likely because no other network would let them do highlights and discussion and whatnot with the goofy tone that they use.

Not like I watch The Score for more than 10-15 minutes any given day, if at all, though.

Why not? TSN lets O'Toole's and Duthie's, not to mention McGuire's, goofy personalities on the air.

rj24
06-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Why not? TSN lets O'Toole's and Duthie's, not to mention McGuire's, goofy personalities on the air.

Don't forget Onrait, that guys a legend

The Nemesis
06-01-2011, 04:26 PM

TSN still reins in their goofier elements enough to keep them within the structure of the show they are on. Sid & Tim ran Score tonight more like it was just a couple of guys talking about sports who happen to be on camera.

and McGuire isn't really goofy. It's more "creepy guy in a van".

Tinalera
06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't forget Onrait, that guys a legend

Onrait is one of the very few guys on any of the networks that truly makes me laugh out loud.

Schenn
06-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Last wednesday I got to go to the Much Music and CP24 Studio as a field trip (The Marilyn Dennis show, and E Talk Daily is also filmed there) and I saw Cabbie there. Thought it was relevant.

Jaysfanatic*
06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Onrait is the sultan of sarcasm.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode
06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
he's not allowed to be in the studio... interviews only please:D

mooseOAK*
06-01-2011, 05:11 PM

KAF05ylVTaA

Thanks for warning me.

StarBurns RIP
06-01-2011, 05:23 PM
I guess it's just my age. Barely sports related stuff like the Cabbie interviews, Pardon the Interruption and Off The Record is utter crap that continues to devolve sports programming into full blown tabloid status.

Grabovski
06-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I loved his Journey to the Cup. But this year that fat ginger is doing it instead lol!

Everlong
06-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I guess it's just my age. Barely sports related stuff like the Cabbie interviews, Pardon the Interruption and Off The Record is utter crap that continues to devolve sports programming into full blown tabloid status.

U mad? I don't find it out of this world funny but it's just nice to see a lighter side of the players and interviews instead of the same 'ol ultra-serious dribble.

mpleafan
06-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Yay! not like i watched the score much at all but when i did it was for Cabbie.

Aplayaz2000
06-01-2011, 07:10 PM
the thing I like about theScore is that their segments about hockey and stuff are always more detailed and serious compared to TSN

TSN it doesn't feel like their dedicated to hockey
especially when it comes to the highlights

so you learn a lot more from theScore in my experience
Gary and Cabbie are the best

My Sweet Shadow
06-01-2011, 07:37 PM

Damn kids, get off my lawn! :wally:

I don't know, if you've already seen the endless loop of the day's highlights a couple times and you're in the mood for something with a comic twist, those shows are a nice change-up. I'll agree OTR isn't the greatest unless they get interesting guests.

KingBuzzo
06-01-2011, 07:45 PM
This is awesome. Huge fan of Cabbie.

Shaun_W_W
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
They need to have a Onrait and O'Toole radio show, I would listen to that daily.

JAMmer124
06-01-2011, 09:36 PM
They need to have a Onrait and O'Toole radio show, I would listen to that daily.

Yes. Yes.

And yes.

mapes
06-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Koolie and Cabbie? Can I just take The Score off my package now? :laugh: Seriously, they were the reason(s) I ever watched it. Gerry D is funny, too, though I suppose

bjtkyo
06-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Cabbie was truly the only good thing about the score. Love his segments.

I cannot wait for O'Toole, Onrait, and Cabbie to be on the air at the same time.

Lobstertainment
06-01-2011, 11:11 PM
I don't expect Score Cabbie to be quite honest. He'll bring something good for sure but I know he said one of the reasons he was leaving the score was he was getting older and didn't want to be 40 and doing the same thing he was doing before with athletes half his age. Which is something I can respect.

Looking forward to his TSN segments.

LeafOfBread
06-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Lol, TSN continues to take a dump on The Score and Sportsnet. This is becoming a joke now. They're taking radio over as well. TSN all day.

Leaf Lander
06-02-2011, 02:01 AM
noooooooooooooooo

crap tv

Yosho
06-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Cabbie went to my high school.

Random..

Landeskog
06-02-2011, 07:08 AM
People still watch or follow theScore? I know I listen to Puck Daddy on podcast and that's only if I get to it. Normally it's Sportsnet Fan590 and Sportsnet for me unless TSN is showing something I want to see. Cabbie joining TSN will be good for him. Sid&Tim likely stay with theScore because they the head reporters.

LORDVADER
06-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Well there's 2 great reasons to watch The Score.

Raw (ok much to my wife's dismay at 40 when Bret The Hitman Hart's music hits..I still get chills)

&

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_87cSqcwltIk/S2hzTanYsCI/AAAAAAAAAmc/Gzf9hGWLz18/s320/IMG_7945%5B1%5D.jpg

Cruiser008
06-02-2011, 08:41 AM
For those of you that don't know Cabbie left The Score late last year to become a special correspondent for the Marilyn Denis Show, which is like selling your soul to the devil. While he's still getting ***** whipped on that show at least he's now got a real gig again, thank GOD.

TimeZone
06-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Well there's 2 great reasons to watch The Score.

Raw (ok much to my wife's dismay at 40 when Bret The Hitman Hart's music hits..I still get chills)

&

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_87cSqcwltIk/S2hzTanYsCI/AAAAAAAAAmc/Gzf9hGWLz18/s320/IMG_7945%5B1%5D.jpg

Eh, shes pretty hot but not enough to make me watch that crappy network.

I watch it for RAW and when I see Gerry D....other then that I dont even bother

Jaysfanatic*
06-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Renee Pacquette is gorgeous.

The Nemesis
06-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Sportsnet's been a joke ever since they tagged Eklund for their trade deadline and tried to make it a "super awesome pizza party!"

And then they went and hired Damien Cox, which is a little like trying to deal with the unsightly garbage dump full of old tires by setting it on fire.

Jaysfanatic*
06-02-2011, 06:04 PM
aggmIKWqME8

ROFL! Renee <3!

IBLEAF
06-03-2011, 09:01 AM
U mad? I don't find it out of this world funny but it's just nice to see a lighter side of the players and interviews instead of the same 'ol ultra-serious dribble.

agreed 100 percent..the man is f-in funny

RedRenegade
06-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Agree with above, I enjoy his segments. Cabbie, good to have you back on something I'd actually watch.

McSorleyStick
06-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Cool

Now The Score will be watchable

Bad move TSN

Grabovski
06-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I hope he doesn't do serious stuff. I love all his segments because they are soo funny lol

daethfromabove1979
06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
the segment he does on nhl players and their knobs is priceless

KAF05ylVTaA

Giuseppe Sallo
06-03-2011, 10:41 AM
He is a noob. Never understood his humor, and I don't find him professional at all. The Score should get rid of Sid Sexeiro, he stole my sandwich at a BBQ event last year. Yeah, it was him.

Giuseppe Sallo
06-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Also, "Personality" is what makes these show. TSN has got two of the best in the business; O'Toole and Onrait.

I have a feeling Cabbie is gonna be quite annoying.

Claimed Off Waivers
06-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Wow, Cabbie keeps bouncing from network to network. First Score, then Sportsnet, then Score again, now TSN. He was also in a Kanye West video a few years back.

Leafsfan64
06-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Whats with all the Critisism? Cabbie is great! Remember the Dion Phaneuf - Phenamena one? hahaha.

Stats01
06-03-2011, 11:22 AM
This is not good in my opinion. It's becoming like pro sports where small market stations like the score draft and develop talent and then when they become popular the big stations just pick them up when they want. Who does The Score have now? Like seriously? I know theres that blonde chick that does those game quizzes for Leaf and Raptor tickets but over the years that station has lost Cybulski, elliot friedman, Cabbie, Martine Gaillard. It's starting to become a two station race where sportsnet and TSN are just picking off talent from other stations.

On the other hand though I guess on the positive side Journalism and Broadcasting students like myself have spots open for the future.

Stats01
06-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow, Cabbie keeps bouncing from network to network. First Score, then Sportsnet, then Score again, now TSN. He was also in a Kanye West video a few years back.

He was on Sportsnet?

KuleminFan41
06-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I thought he was done for being an on screen talent?

Also, "Personality" is what makes these show. TSN has got two of the best in the business; O'Toole and Onrait.

I have a feeling Cabbie is gonna be quite annoying.
They're the most boring and lamest duo ever. They try so hard to be 18 year olds cracking some of the worst jokes ever known. They're so unfunny its crazy that they still work there. TSN is ridiculously over rated

KuleminFan41
06-03-2011, 12:18 PM
sorry for the double post

Medic
06-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Cabbie's best work was the interviews he did with Kobe Bryant. I hate basketball but they are just pure gold!

Brozak
06-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Freakin awesome, glad he's on board. Nobody watches The Score. Ugh.

TheTotalPackage
06-03-2011, 01:37 PM
He was on Sportsnet?

He used to host a basketball show with Namugenyi (former MuchMusic VJ).

I like Cabbie's segments, but when he gets all childish, it becomes tiresome. I think TSN and their professional reputation will keep him honest. I was quite surprised he ended up on the Marilyn Denis show. It just doesn't suit him.

Everlong
06-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Freakin awesome, glad he's on board. Nobody watches The Score. Ugh.

Tell me about it. Used to be my go-to station for sports but they stripped it bare now it's unwatchable. All tsn now.

mooseOAK*
06-03-2011, 01:46 PM
The only reason I ever switch to the Score is for the running scoreboards they have on even during commercials.

McSorleyStick
06-03-2011, 01:57 PM
The only reason I ever switch to the Score is for the running scoreboards they have on even during commercials.

That and the footy show

But boy I can't stand that blonde chick with no upper lip and the chocolate milk promo
I would tell her to GTFO with her choco milk just to see her reaction
(and carbs post-workout made no difference for me anyway :laugh: )

But hey, at least they got rid of that unfunny Cabbie guy

Gerry Dee is annoying too

JediMindTricks
06-03-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't see his purpose....

TheTotalPackage
06-03-2011, 02:25 PM

No doubt that this is pretty much the only reason to flip over to The Score nowadays.

ForzaZuffa
06-03-2011, 02:48 PM

That and the footy show

But boy I can't stand that blonde chick with no upper lip and the chocolate milk promo
I would tell her to GTFO with her choco milk just to see her reaction
(and carbs post-workout made no difference for me anyway :laugh: )

But hey, at least they got rid of that unfunny Cabbie guy

Gerry Dee is annoying too

Ticker and Footy Show ftw. Only reason I watch the score, and for live soccer (Serie A)

Everlong
06-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Cabbie has his first episode of "Cabbie Presents" up on the tsn website. It highlights Jose Bautista, aswell as Ricky Romero. I can tell he's holding back from his usual crazy self, but it's still pretty funny. Check it out.

Lilou
06-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Whats happened to the score? Either they're showing horse racing, UFC, or basketball talk. What a shame.

magic school bus
06-04-2011, 12:38 PM
awesome. i love cabbie.

-DeMo-
06-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Ticker and Footy Show ftw. Only reason I watch the score, and for live soccer (Serie A)

I watch RAW to but Christian Jack and James Sharmen(hopefully I got the spelling right) are the best soccer analyst right now and the footy show is awsome, wish they also had the champions league, can't stand that one guy on TSN who just stares at the camera when he's not talking lol, I dont think it will be long and TSN will try and grab those 2 espcially Christian Jack.

Edit: oh and Cabbie is awsome, loved his first segment where Romero and Batista beaned him with a ball out of a rookie ball machine on 10 it was awsome.

The Nemesis
06-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Whats happened to the score? Either they're showing horse racing, UFC, or basketball talk. What a shame.

or poker. my god they show like twice as much poker as the other networks combined. Biggest mistake they ever made was when they rebranded from Headline Sports to The Score and tried to act like they were going to appeal to some vague definition of "cool people"

noobman
06-04-2011, 03:10 PM
This is good news. It was painful to see him on The Marilyn Denis Show.

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ld/josh_groban_110111/josh_groban_001_wenn5592862.jpg

As a hockey fan it shouldn't matter. Cabbie has been on the radio before (Dean Blundell Show) and he's admitted that he's not a huge hockey guy, although he follows to the extent he is required to in order to be in Canadian sports media.

Bar South
06-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Cabbie is the ****.

Hewy
06-04-2011, 03:46 PM
now i can stop watching the marilyn dennis show :) hahah