Espn Nfl 2k5

Free Torts
07-24-2004, 12:42 PM
Has anyone given this game a shot yet? I just picked it up today on a whim for thirty bucks, and I can honestly say that I am very impressed. Great graphics, fun gameplay, deep franchise mode, and the little ESPN touches like SportsCenter really make it worthwhile.

Anyone else pick this one up?

Going Back to Cally
07-24-2004, 01:00 PM
I love it, I bought it Wednesday and have probably played 30 games since. The graphics and gameplay are amazing, the Franchise takes alittle to get used to if you have been playing Madden for a few years like I have, my only complaint about it is Free Agency signing though, I like Madden much better although I bet it is more realistic on ESPN. The SportsCenter, draft previews reviews and Free agency previews are great.

First Person Football is also pretty good for just a filler. The crib would be alot better if they used people like Mike Ditka, Barry Sanders and other retired NFL players insted of D-list "celebrities" like Steve-O and Jamie Kennedy.

Jussi
07-24-2004, 01:50 PM
There's was more discussion on this game in the EA Sports vs. Sega/ESPN-thread at The Lounge.

Free Torts
07-24-2004, 02:58 PM
There is? I really should pay better attention.

TVanek26*
07-24-2004, 11:27 PM
deep franchise mode

:lol:

Yeah,for the first 4 weeks.Trades are horrendous,and just the little things like unable to change positions (like putting Terrell Suggs at a DE one game or LB another pisses me off.I've played about 40 games since Wednesday morning,and I am unimpressed by the passing.It's a good game for 20 bucks,but if it was 50 I would be severely pissed.

Free Torts
07-24-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm finding the Franchise mode just fine in terms of depth, there are a few things I'd change. It's nothing compared to Madden, but for 20 bucks, if this doesn't tide you over until the king of all Football games comes out, then you simply cannot be satisfied with a game.