07-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Anyone else love this show?

Yeeeeeeep.

ThankYouBasedGod
07-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh yeaaaah. **** DAVE HESTER!

Brodeur
07-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Yupppppppppppp. Friend does a sports memorabilia charity auction this year and I couldn't help but do a Hester impersonation while bidding up my buddy.

Been debating checking out Hester's shops which are relatively close to my sister's place in Newport Beach. Jarrod and Brandy's thrift store is also in OC, but most of the reviews on Yelp aren't positive.

I started watching Auction Hunters first, but I think Storage Wars is a bit more fun. I was shocked to see that a third show with the same exact premise popped up on TruTV and they didn't even bother to be clever with the name: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storage_Hunters

kilgro
07-21-2011, 07:20 PM
love this show! this and american pickers. Brandy is awesome

Use the Schwartz*
07-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeep.

That annoying ****.

Good show though.

Epictetus
07-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I think i've seen like every episode lol

JVR21
07-21-2011, 07:28 PM
I like it, but it gets repetitive much like American Pickers.

CNS
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
I HAVE seen every episode. I love the show. Its one of the few I actually watch.

Bryan23
07-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I like the show. Hate Dave.

Apaharn
07-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Most of them are not likeable, except for Barry. I like how he does his own thing.

The Fuhr
07-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Show's awesome, watched them all

Hester is my favourite... dudes a troll and I love it

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Apaharn
07-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Show's awesome, watched them all

Hester is my favourite... dudes a troll and I love it

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Colour me surprised. :)

WTFetus
07-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Meh. I prefer shows like Pawn Stars where you can actually learn something.

Fixed to Ruin
07-21-2011, 11:35 PM
YEEEEEEEEEP + Brandi = good tv

CNS
07-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Meh. I prefer shows like Pawn Stars where you can actually learn something.

You can learn stuff here. You learn what vintage items and oddities are worth and the history of them.

CanadianHockey
07-21-2011, 11:50 PM
I hate Dave. He's a *********. I like Barry, Jarrod and Brandi.

Stad
07-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Lol

CanadianCommie
07-22-2011, 12:34 AM
I like it and auction hunters a lot. It's interesting to see what sort of stuff they pull out of those garbage piles.

TheFlyingV
07-22-2011, 12:46 AM
This thread needs more **** Dave.

The episode where he got mad and left was the best since we didn't have to deal with his ****.

wolfgaze
07-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Barry is the man... More interesting than the most interesting man on the earth. Stay thirsty my friends.

Bucky Katt
07-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Barry is awesome. "Can I find a moustache in Mexico" :biglaugh: And seeing Dave's new baseball hat with "Yeeep!" written across the back. :)

I'm skeptical of some of the "retail" values of the products they find but it doesn't really matter. The different characters and their interaction makes the show.

Blackhawkswincup
07-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Oh yeaaaah. **** DAVE HESTER!

Agree with this

CanadianHockey
07-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Barry is awesome. "Can I find a moustache in Mexico" :biglaugh: And seeing Dave's new baseball hat with "Yeeep!" written across the back. :)

I'm skeptical of some of the "retail" values of the products they find but it doesn't really matter. The different characters and their interaction makes the show.

I'm pretty sure Dave overvalues everything. He has his own store, so he can set the price at whatever he wants.

Free Torts
07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Love this show, have seen every episode so far. Barry is still easily my favorite, but all the characters are likeable apart from Dave.

Stjonnypopo
07-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I can't stand Dave, despite being a huge dick he also lies a lot and he's always the "winner"

If he loses a container he laughs about how he drove up the price, if he wins he laughs about how he got an amazing deal. Then he'll pull out this old chesterfield and pretend it's some diamond encrusted godsend worth tens of thousands of dollars. Or he finds something and says "I would put this for sale in my shop for 700 bucks". What does that prove? I could open a shop and sell **** for a thousand bucks a pound, it doesn't mean anyone's gonna buy it.

I just can't stand how he thinks he's so smart when he just looks like such an idiot.

I like the other guys. Barry is such a pimp, I bet he's completely loaded, as in millions and millions of dollars. Jarrod seems pretty smart but he's really pathetic at time. I forget the other guy who goes with his son, but he's pretty cool. He's a bit of an idiot at times but he's entertaining.

CarlWinslow
07-22-2011, 01:35 PM
CarlWinslow would do bad things to Brandy.

Good show though.

Barry seems like a decent dude also.

If I was in California, I would definitely go peep their stores.

Led Zappa
07-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm laughing already.

This show looked good, but I have so many already I've passed until this thread. I'm currently downloading what's available on DTV VOD.

chuckdobbins
07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Barry is definitely the best on the show. Hester is a d-bag obviously, but what I don't understand is why he doesn't just bid up every unit? Either he will end up winning, or continue his d-baggery and jack up the price for someone else. The guy is clearly much wealthier than the other schmucks on the show. He could win every unit and still have cash left over for dinner on the way home.

Brodeur
07-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Either he will end up winning, or continue his d-baggery and jack up the price for someone else. The guy is clearly much wealthier than the other schmucks on the show. He could win every unit and still have cash left over for dinner on the way home.

Sometimes you wonder how much stuff gets left in the editing room. I enjoyed one episode of Auction Hunters which basically had the premise of "Yeah, we show you the cool stuff, but let's show you what normally happens". They showed the guys getting several dud rooms including ones infested with insects/rats.

Dave might have better financial resources, but it doesn't make sense to have to process crappy rooms. After watching these shows, I have the slight urge to try to go to an auction but I can't imagine the feeling after shelling out several hundred bucks only to spend several hours basically disposing of junk and not finding anything.

bohlmeister
07-22-2011, 02:18 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com/media/2011/01/darrellsheets250.jpg

"It looks like a pile of junk, but there could be anything in there!"

Bucky Katt
07-22-2011, 02:37 PM
This thread is severely lacking in:

(a) Wow factor
(b) Pics of Brandi

Yeeeeep!

chuckdobbins
07-22-2011, 02:37 PM

This is the wow factor

FrozenFloor
07-22-2011, 02:51 PM
I stayed home from work to watch the season premiere, :help:

My boss said : Stuff why arent you coming into work this time, u better be having a heart attack
Me : YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

chuckdobbins
07-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I stayed home from work to watch the season premiere, :help:

My boss said : Stuff why arent you coming into work this time, u better be having a heart attack
Me : YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

:handclap: Good work.

Fixed to Ruin
07-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Someone should make a gif image of hester. With yeeeeeeeeeeeep scrolling on the bottom.

danaluvsthekings
07-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Barry is definitely the best on the show. Hester is a d-bag obviously, but what I don't understand is why he doesn't just bid up every unit? Either he will end up winning, or continue his d-baggery and jack up the price for someone else. The guy is clearly much wealthier than the other schmucks on the show. He could win every unit and still have cash left over for dinner on the way home.

Because it is still a business for him. On some units he'll drive up the price and not get stuck with them. If he starts driving up the prices just for ****s and giggles eventually the others will pick up on it and he'll start getting stuck with more units he doesn't want.

WillardJFredricks
07-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Just watched this for the first time the other day. Barry(?) reminds me of Michael Douglas. Seems like a cool guy though, and loaded. Dave is a slick, sleazy businessman through and through. Brandi reminds me of Roger Federer's wife. I kept thinking she looked like someone and I think that's who. She needs to loosen up and let her husband buy some stuff, though he does seem a little clueless.

Fire Lindy
07-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I enjoyed it until I learned that the show is completely scripted and fake, it's more of a scheme to bring in larger crowds to these auctions and drive up the prices because people think they will find the items they show on tv (the units are completely faked with items)

It's still entertaining though, but yea..none of it is real.

ThankYouBasedGod
07-24-2011, 08:16 PM
I enjoyed it until I learned that the show is completely scripted and fake, it's more of a scheme to bring in larger crowds to these auctions and drive up the prices because people think they will find the items they show on tv (the units are completely faked with items)

Good thing you provided a link to prove that.

TheMurdocktor
07-24-2011, 08:22 PM
This thread needs more **** Dave.

Ask and you shall receive.

**** DAVE!

Love the show though. Darrell Sheets, FTW!!!

GatoradeG*
07-24-2011, 08:34 PM
I know it's not storage wars but storage hunters is a joke of a show. so baaad, at least SW has decent actors.

PolishBingo
07-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Thinking we should combine Storage Wars and Hoarders into one show. ;)

Auguste Escoffier
07-24-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm laughing already.

This show looked good, but I have so many already I've passed until this thread. I'm currently downloading what's available on DTV VOD.

The last part of your post sounds like those annoying spammers on YouTube: I love this show! It's so great! I love watching it on >insert foreign website domain<.

Auguste Escoffier
07-24-2011, 10:29 PM
I know it's not storage wars but storage hunters is a joke of a show. so baaad, at least SW has decent actors.

"Holy craaaaaaaaaap." every second sentence.

The Pucks
07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
OK, I just gotta ask,

Why dont Brandi and Jarrod make a deal with Barry to buy all the left over stuff in his lockers after he takes his one or two "cool" items?

Just seems to make so much sense that it hurts.

The Pucks
07-24-2011, 10:48 PM
"Holy craaaaaaaaaap." every second sentence.

Whats the dudes name, the big bald guy? It has to be a stage name.

Auguste Escoffier
07-24-2011, 10:48 PM

Prove it. Really. I want to see proof. Not because I don't believe, I just want to see!

Auguste Escoffier
07-24-2011, 10:49 PM

Tonne. Go figure.

CNS
07-24-2011, 10:53 PM

Dave and Jarrod really have their shops. So you're saying that in reality, they're actors and their stores are all fake and made just for the show? I don't buy it.

The Pucks
07-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Tonne. Go figure.

Yeah, thats it. If its Tonne he must be Canadian, it would be Ton if he was American ;)

BigT2002
07-24-2011, 10:59 PM
OK, I just gotta ask,

Why dont Brandi and Jarrod make a deal with Barry to buy all the left over stuff in his lockers after he takes his one or two "cool" items?

Just seems to make so much sense that it hurts.

They most likely are bro. Jarrod and Brandi run a thrift store and Darrell I think does as well. They thrive on getting the cheap stuff to sell because it is what most people are going to buy. I like how Brandi always gets something awesome in the ones she bids on and Jarrod gets shafted most of the time :biglaugh:

CNS
07-24-2011, 11:02 PM
They most likely are bro. Jarrod and Brandi run a thrift store and Darrell I think does as well. They thrive on getting the cheap stuff to sell because it is what most people are going to buy. I like how Brandi always gets something awesome in the ones she bids on and Jarrod gets shafted most of the time :biglaugh:

Darrell doesn't have a store, and we learned in the episode where Darrell's son wore a hat calling Dave a con.

Auguste Escoffier
07-24-2011, 11:05 PM
But yeah, Auction Hunters is a terrible show.

Fire Lindy
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Dave and Jarrod really have their shops. So you're saying that in reality, they're actors and their stores are all fake and made just for the show? I don't buy it.

No, I'm saying that they just put in certain 'cool' items in the units for some entertainment, mostly the historical items. They just so happen to find some item worth thousands of dollars almost every time, it's just not realistic at all. How come no one else bids on these units? Actual storage auctions have swarms of people bidding. The people actually do this for a living, but I'm sure A&E ads in some items to give us history lessons, just like Pawn Stars and every other show.

CNS
07-24-2011, 11:34 PM
No, I'm saying that they just put in certain 'cool' items in the units for some entertainment, mostly the historical items. They just so happen to find some item worth thousands of dollars almost every time, it's just not realistic at all. How come no one else bids on these units? Actual storage auctions have swarms of people bidding. The people actually do this for a living, but I'm sure A&E ads in some items to give us history lessons, just like Pawn Stars and every other show.

Do you really think they're going to show the units that OTHER people win? Do you think they're going to show units where they win but nothing interesting happens? Its obvious they don't show every single unit. They only show the ones that have a good bid war on or find something awesome/total dud inside.

Brodeur
07-25-2011, 02:33 AM

Ton is short for Clinton.

We really don't know how much stuff doesn't get through the cutting room floor. Auction Hunters did an episode that basically showed that most of the units they buy end up being crap, and that only the cool stuff makes it to TV (and they basically have a disclaimer at the beginning of the show that says as much).

Bring_Bak_Damphousse
07-25-2011, 02:51 AM
CarlWinslow would do bad things to Brandy.Good show though.

Barry seems like a decent dude also.

If I was in California, I would definitely go peep their stores.

I bet he would :naughty:

dfk711*
07-25-2011, 07:57 AM

:laugh:

I loved the episode where he took his shirt off and his son said "that's the wow factor"

beowulf
07-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Fun to watch from time to time. Not the biggest fan but there is much worst on tv these days.

The Fuhr
07-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!

wolfgaze
07-27-2011, 10:13 PM

I loved the episode where he took his shirt off and his son said "that's the wow factor"

:laugh: :laugh:

Keggatron
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Anyone watch this last night? Not sure if the last one they played was a new one or just a repeat from earlier this season or something, but Jesus, I get embarrassed when Mark goes through lockers acting like he knows what he's doing. And saying he had a $13000 Nintendo? Ugh so cringeworthy when the dude told him he'd give him ten bucks for it.

Heaton
08-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Anyone watch this last night? Not sure if the last one they played was a new one or just a repeat from earlier this season or something, but Jesus, I get embarrassed when Mark goes through lockers acting like he knows what he's doing. And saying he had a $13000 Nintendo? Ugh so cringeworthy when the dude told him he'd give him ten bucks for it.

But it was a 001!

Keggatron
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
When he said something along the lines of " Instead of being filled with papers, this case could have been filled with diamonds, that's why I love buying units" I was like this rich poor *******. It was a trainwreck but I couldn't turn away.

Then dickface Darrell comes down to the video game shop to rub it in. Has the guy even bought a unit yet this year?

wolfgaze
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
When he said something along the lines of " Instead of being filled with papers, this case could have been filled with diamonds, that's why I love buying units" I was like this rich poor *******. It was a trainwreck but I couldn't turn away.

Then dickface Darrell comes down to the video game shop to rub it in. Has the guy even bought a unit yet this year?

Darrell is great... He's hilarious....

David Hester and Brandy's husband Jarrod are the annoying people on the show....

Darrell & Barry are awesome.....

dfk711*
08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
What was up with Barry's good luck charm? That guy was a weirdo

waffledave
08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
I love Barry because he's just such a goof..."Ohhh....The position of the bookshelf in this unit tells me there may be some collectables in here!"

Also, I don't understand how Jarrod, a man so ugly, can be married to a wife so hot.

BreakTheWallsDown
08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Darrell is great... He's hilarious....

David Hester and Brandy's husband Jarrod are the annoying people on the show....

Darrell & Barry are awesome.....

Agree about Darrell and Barry. As for Dave, he's always been a dick, we all know that, but to me it seems like in these recent episodes he's ramped it up trying to be even more of an ******* for seemingly no reason. I think he's now in the mindset of "Oh I'm the ******* on the show so I really need to act like it" and he's doing it just for ratings.

I disagree about Jarrod. He used to be really annoying in most of the early episodes, but he's actually pretty decent now. He's not whining all the time like he used to. He has gotten more experienced with buying lockers and has fallen into being just "one of the guys" like Darrell and Barry. I actually think Darrell (while still being good) has gotten more annoying as the show goes on. He used to buy stuff all the time, but now he just *****es about people jacking the prices up and never takes risks anymore. I'm starting to enjoy the Jarrod/Brandy segments more than the Darrell segments.

Free Torts
08-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, Darrell is getting kind of irritating. All he's done the past few episodes is whine. Barry, on the other hand, is as fresh as ever.

Buddio
08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I like them all.

CarlWinslow
08-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Auction Hunters is different in that they tend to find more unique and expensive items. Or at least they edit out more of the crap.

Chairman Maouth
08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Getting tired of this show. The characters (with the exception of Barry) are all pretty douchy. And I'd like to see Dave Hester run across this old antique (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WAIyd-SgW9A/TPoyeDsUjYI/AAAAAAAAFu0/-YbOt7XhLaM/s1600/suicide_gun_postcard-p239267722977637571trdg_400.jpg) and try it out.

Use the Schwartz*
08-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Mark is so annoying, that SNES he found, what a joke. Must have been one of the most awkward things I've ever watched, the look on his face as "Jason" from the game store makes up reasons why it might be worth 13,000 bucks.

I was in a pawn shop 3 days ago and saw one for 85 dollars.

Also, his need to say to his "hombres", "this is why I buy units" everytime he opens something, is just going to get more irritating

wolfgaze
08-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Auction Hunters is different in that they tend to find more unique and expensive items. Or at least they edit out more of the crap.

Don't taint this thread with your 'Auction Hunters' talk!

ForzaZuffa
08-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Don't taint this thread with your 'Auction Hunters' talk!

Auction Hunters is terrible, imo. Way too highly edited and they never seem to fail. At least we see Jared fail on a nightly basis when A. Brandi doesn't let him buy a locker; B. She lets him, but he's too much of a noob to spot a good one (usually, anyways).

Auguste Escoffier
08-13-2011, 03:39 PM
The auctioneer's wife is very well-gifted.

This Mark guy is real, not an actor. Someone posted his Facebook on a different forum. He plays Mob Wars. Surprised? I'm not. hah

Oh, God. He is thanking his "fans":

http://www.facebook.com/balelo?sk=wall

ForzaZuffa
08-13-2011, 04:14 PM

This Mark guy is real, not an actor. Someone posted his Facebook on a different forum. He plays Mob Wars. Surprised? I'm not. hah

I've got a thing for her whenever I watch for sure.

Buddio
08-13-2011, 05:48 PM

Upon further creeping I found her Fbook profile :laugh:

http://www.facebook.com/americanauctioneers?sk=wall#!/americanauctioneers

flyersguy33*
08-13-2011, 05:58 PM
this show is so addicting. there was a marathon on last night ,couldnt stop watching. would love to go to a storage place and buy one haha

Brodeur
08-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Auction Hunters is terrible, imo. Way too highly edited and they never seem to fail.

They have a disclaimer before the show basically saying that they only show the better stuff for TV. Auction Hunters had an episode dedicated to dud units which they admitted is something that happens a majority of the time.

Was almost tempted to go to an auction this morning, but figured at best I'd be the guy that opened a bid for $20 and ran away.

ForzaZuffa
08-13-2011, 08:50 PM
They have a disclaimer before the show basically saying that they only show the better stuff for TV. Auction Hunters had an episode dedicated to dud units which they admitted is something that happens a majority of the time.

Was almost tempted to go to an auction this morning, but figured at best I'd be the guy that opened a bid for $20 and ran away.

That is true, which is something they don't necessarily have to put.

I'd also be that guy, I'd be so damn nervous to part with my money on such a gamble. I'm the typical cheap Italian stereotype, so I wouldn't go high enough to win most of the time :laugh:

Liliaceae
08-13-2011, 09:49 PM
haha.. add me to the hates Dave list!

BigT2002
08-14-2011, 04:07 AM

Yup! I liked that show a little better because they show the other side of them actually selling the items. Its one thing to be appraised at $2500, but what did you actually sell it for??

CanadianCommie
08-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Yup! I liked that show a little better because they show the other side of them actually selling the items. Its one thing to be appraised at $2500, but what did you actually sell it for??

the end-of-show-summary shows what they ACTUALLY made off their purchases, but yes there's no look at the actual sale of the items in storage wars. At the same time, Storage wars can show more of the 'dud' buys and such.

Led Zappa
08-14-2011, 10:30 AM
the end-of-show-summary shows what they ACTUALLY made off their purchases, but yes there's no look at the actual sale of the items in storage wars. At the same time, Storage wars can show more of the 'dud' buys and such.

No it doesn't. It still shows what they think they will sell for and Dave rates his crap pretty high if you ask me. Some of this stuff sits in their stores for who knows how long. Some of the stuff gets appraised and they actually say they are keeping it for themselves and it still gets counted on the show.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod
08-14-2011, 11:24 AM
The worst one was the thousands of newspapers of Elvis' death. "Wow I just made $100,000." No you ****ing didn't. You might sell 10 of those.

Analyzer
08-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Jarrod's wife is hot.

Entertaining show.

Free Torts
08-15-2011, 10:56 AM
The worst one was the thousands of newspapers of Elvis' death. "Wow I just made $100,000." No you ****ing didn't. You might sell 10 of those.
I didn't really get that one either. Where's the market for all taht paper?

Buddio
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
I didn't really get that one either. Where's the market for all taht paper?

You'd be suprised at the items sold at Celebrity auctions.

habs_24x
08-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Jarrod's wife is hot.

Entertaining show.

I like her too (in a trailerpark sort of way)

Cant stand Dave. Someone needs to put a cap in his ass.

Apaharn
08-15-2011, 03:44 PM
I like her too (in a trailerpark sort of way)

Cant stand Dave. Someone needs to put a cap in his ass.

Every reality TV show needs an antagonist.

crane
08-15-2011, 04:24 PM

Upon further creeping I found her Fbook profile :laugh:

http://www.facebook.com/americanauctioneers?sk=wall#!/americanauctioneers
what am I missing? you guys got a thing for the older lady? just looks like any other older gal from California.

I like this show better than Auction Hunters, and there's a new program on some channel based in Boston that is absolutely terrible, just terrible.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse
08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Mark is so annoying, that SNES he found, what a joke. Must have been one of the most awkward things I've ever watched, the look on his face as "Jason" from the game store makes up reasons why it might be worth 13,000 bucks.

I was in a pawn shop 3 days ago and saw one for 85 dollars.

Also, his need to say to his "hombres", "this is why I buy units" everytime he opens something, is just going to get more irritating

Just saw that episode aswell, god I hope he isn't going to be a mainstay, the guy is a complete *********.

Banana Sandwiches
08-17-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure how long this show has been on, but I just recently started to watch and I like it. Barry is hilarious and usually gets something interesting. Dave is kinda annoying (Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!). I like Jarrod and Brandi since they seem to get a storage locker every episode and usually do pretty well.

Darrell never buys anything so I don't really like him!

CNS
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure how long this show has been on, but I just recently started to watch and I like it. Barry is hilarious and usually gets something interesting. Dave is kinda annoying (Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!). I like Jarrod and Brandi since they seem to get a storage locker every episode and usually do pretty well.

Darrell never buys anything so I don't really like him!

I can tell you haven't been watching long :laugh:

Darrell has his days where he buys EVERY locker and then days where he doesn't buy anything. He's streaky.

Auguste Escoffier
08-17-2011, 07:06 PM
what am I missing? you guys got a thing for the older lady? just looks like any other older gal from California.

I like this show better than Auction Hunters, and there's a new program on some channel based in Boston that is absolutely terrible, just terrible.

I have never been in California long enough to scope out the cougars.

CNS
08-17-2011, 07:12 PM
I have never been in California long enough to scope out the cougars.

As a lifelong resident, minus 8 months, there are a ton of good looking cougars. She's not near the top of the list unless you just like big boobs. Seriously there are people I know whose moms are hotter than them. Its crazy. :laugh:

Blue Dragon
08-17-2011, 08:22 PM
My favorite Barry moment was when he found those old guitars and he's like "I got a buddy who can tell me all about them" and says nothing big, so you think it's some guy who owns a guitar store. Turns out his buddy is Aerosmith's Brad Whitford. Dude is obviously loaded, and prolly comes from somewhere up in the Northeast.

Liliaceae
08-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Dave Junior is just as annoying as his dad.

Fire Lindy
08-17-2011, 10:11 PM
My favorite Barry moment was when he found those old guitars and he's like "I got a buddy who can tell me all about them" and says nothing big, so you think it's some guy who owns a guitar store. Turns out his buddy is Aerosmith's Brad Whitford. Dude is obviously loaded, and prolly comes from somewhere up in the Northeast.

Yea, see those cars Barry roles up in? He's got some sick classic cars, dude is definitely a millionaire.

One thing that is forgotten is I bet the crew is making pretty good $$ per episode now.

awesomo
08-17-2011, 10:33 PM
So Brandi is kinda hot. Reminds me of Jenna Fischer

waffledave
08-17-2011, 10:33 PM
That black tanktop Brandi was wearing....

CNS
08-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Brandi looks hotter in general now. I'd so tap that.

timekeep
08-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Yea, see those cars Barry roles up in? He's got some sick classic cars, dude is definitely a millionaire.

One thing that is forgotten is I bet the crew is making pretty good $$ per episode now.

I like how Barry just chucks his locker contents around, and if it was Jarrod and Brandi they would be putting half of it in their store. I also find it funny when those two say this is 20 bucks and that is 20 bucks.

Fire Lindy
08-17-2011, 11:48 PM
I like how Barry just chucks his locker contents around, and if it was Jarrod and Brandi they would be putting half of it in their store. I also find it funny when those two say this is 20 bucks and that is 20 bucks.

I think a lot of the time when the crew are throwing around numbers on some items they are completely wrong on how much it's worth or the show just wants to make the lockers seem more valuable.

awesomo
08-18-2011, 12:04 AM
I think a lot of the time when the crew are throwing around numbers on some items they are completely wrong on how much it's worth or the show just wants to make the lockers seem more valuable.

but they finalize the number at the end

valuations are always hard though

but yea anyway Barry is just there to find the collectibles, hes already rich. filthy rich. i mean how many cars does this guy have

Brodeur
08-18-2011, 01:48 AM
For all the folks who complained about how the people always came ahead, the second episode tonight featured everybody losing (except Dave who didn't buy a unit).

awesomo
08-18-2011, 02:00 AM
For all the folks who complained about how the people always came ahead, the second episode tonight featured everybody losing (except Dave who didn't buy a unit).

kind of... barry could've gone green but decided to give it for free

wolfgaze
08-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Anybody know how Barry got so wealthy? Wonder what he did prior to this.

waffledave
08-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Not sure, but my girlfriend said she heard he made his fortune in antique dealing.

Fire Lindy
08-18-2011, 06:42 PM

I still say they plant items every now and then just for our entertainment. Not many shows on TV nowadays are 100% real, but it's still enjoyable.

Jarrod's and Brandi's business seems to be taking off, they expanded and everything..rumored the cast is making 10k each an episode now, so that probably doesn't hurt business.

CanadianCommie
08-18-2011, 08:45 PM

Not sure, but my girlfriend said she heard he made his fortune in antique dealing.

What little I was able to find on him suggests he is a big time antique buyer/seller. He's got to have some serious cash because of the friends he keeps. Honestly if Hester weren't such a jerk then Barry would be the 'whale' easily. When he WANTS a unit, he gets it. period. The last episode showed as much.

I still say they plant items every now and then just for our entertainment. Not many shows on TV nowadays are 100% real, but it's still enjoyable.

Jarrod's and Brandi's business seems to be taking off, they expanded and everything..rumored the cast is making 10k each an episode now, so that probably doesn't hurt business.

I doubt they plant stuff simply because they've likely been following these guys around for at least a year for every season and likely have days and days worth of film not worth showing.

Having said that, you never really know...and the money they make doing the show would be a massive boost to their ability to expand and buy lockers.

Auguste Escoffier
08-18-2011, 08:49 PM

I have always assumed he was involved with real estate. The guy has some amazing vehicles.

The Fuhr
08-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Having said that, you never really know...and the money they make doing the show would be a massive boost to their ability to expand and buy lockers.
More on that point it shows with Jarred... he was able to expand his store and then he tried to out bid Dave.

So they have to be making good coin now from the show

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
08-18-2011, 09:47 PM
I absolutely love this show but kinda hate Dave and his son.

waffledave
08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Looked it up, seems like Barry owned some big time import/distribution produce company.

Boring!

E_Godard
08-19-2011, 09:52 AM

Ever notice how Barry shows up in a new ride almost every show? He must really be loaded.

Chairman Maouth
08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
I think they probably do too although at this point I can't prove it so I'm still watching it (hate phoniness).

Try watching Desert Car Kings sometime. A lot of the events are scripted and it's as phony as a three dollar bill.

Ever notice how Barry shows up in a new ride almost every show? He must really be loaded.
I know and it pisses me off; classic old rods, a Harley (think it was). I think his least flashy ride was a Chrysler 300. But it's something new every week. :rant:

CanadianCommie
08-19-2011, 10:49 AM
More on that point it shows with Jarred... he was able to expand his store and then he tried to out bid Dave.

So they have to be making good coin now from the show

10,000 dollars an episode for what, 12-13 episodes a year? That's great coin for a small business, not to mention they have done well on several lockers in the recent episodes.

Dave Hester always talks big, but with Darrel and Jarred teaming up to shut him out has been pretty fun to watch.

The Pucks
08-19-2011, 12:17 PM

We assume the the vehicles belong to him, and some or all may, but there are also allot of companies and people who want exposure on vehicles they are selling or renting, a great way to get it.

crane
08-21-2011, 12:48 PM
big time marathon of storage wars last night. i got scolded for changing the channel after 4 hours. wtf?

Jovavic
12-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Why is Brandi with that troll Jarrod? Dude must be packing some serious meat downstairs or something.

Barry is the boss of this show, funny dude

Blueline Bomber
12-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Barry's the best to watch in this show, because he's got the money to spend. Spending 1000 on a unit with the mike medow sculpture, finding out it's worth 6k, then deciding to keep it because "it looks interesting".

buckridesagain*
12-18-2011, 04:11 AM
Saw a re-run a few nights ago. It was the one where dave takes his son with him so he can bid on units. Did anyone else find it hilarious how serious and tough he was trying to be while bidding? I'm glad he didn't get the big score he thought he was going to on those slot machines.

I also recently went to daves store. I was shocked to see that he was actually there behind the counter. I looked around for about 10 minutes. Everything its just really overpriced.

stingo
12-18-2011, 09:25 AM
I really like Darrell. He cracks me up.

I've been watching this for awhile now. It's always interesting. Dave used to get on my nerves, until I kind of started enjoying his trolling of everyone. Him and Darrell always getting near fist fights is pretty funny.

I heard they were supposed to find 500,000 worth of gold in one of these lockers this season? I haven't been keeping up. Anyone know who wins it? I'm kind of hoping Jarrod and Brandi or Darrell, as they seem like they could use it more than Dave or Barry. But knowing the show, Dave will probably win it, just so viewers at home can hate him a little bit more.

:)

Voodoo Child
12-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Dave is such a *********, but that's how you succeed in business; eliminate the competition.

My favorites are Jarrod and Brandy, I love them; Jarrod thinks he's hard, and Brandy is the classic nagging wife. Hot though.

NJDevils1
12-18-2011, 11:34 AM
I really like Darrell. He cracks me up.

I heard they were supposed to find 500,000 worth of gold in one of these lockers this season? I haven't been keeping up. Anyone know who wins it? I'm kind of hoping Jarrod and Brandi or Darrell, as they seem like they could use it more than Dave or Barry. But knowing the show, Dave will probably win it, just so viewers at home can hate him a little bit more.

:)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2011/11/15/storage-wars-stars-sell-locker-filled-with-pirate-booty_n_1095325.html

Wow, did not know this already happened.

balddog66
12-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Enjoy the show, must say it's on tv a little too much though, swear A&E plays it all the time..lol
Darrell is by far the biggest tool, funny watching him pretend everything in his locker is worth "another dollar bill" just to look good in front of his kid, he also gets all the cliches wrong when he spouts them.

Blueline Bomber
12-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Did Barry just drive in on the "Stabbin' Wagon"? :laugh:

awesomo
12-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Lol at the pissing matches

Required Brandi is fine plug and now they rolling in dough

southpaw24
12-21-2011, 08:50 AM
These other people that they keep trying to bring on the show are dumb, Nabila seems out of it just just wants to ride dave's _____. That other guy that though he had a 13k nintendo, just pure weaksauce.

And what the hell is dave making his kid wear a YUUUP t-shirt. I`d burn it before wearing it

waffledave
12-21-2011, 10:44 AM
That Nabila chick is the person who bought a storage locker full of Paris Hilton's stuff and sold it to a porn site for $2 million.

timekeep
12-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Did Barry just drive in on the "Stabbin' Wagon"? :laugh:

Barry is the man, that guy on the Texas show doesn't even come close to Barry.

Blue Dragon
12-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Enjoy the show, must say it's on tv a little too much though, swear A&E plays it all the time..lol
Darrell is by far the biggest tool, funny watching him pretend everything in his locker is worth "another dollar bill" just to look good in front of his kid, he also gets all the cliches wrong when he spouts them.

Wait, you're complaining about Darrell over-valuing items? What about Dave "Particle board furniture? In my store that would sell for $500" Hester

awesomo
12-23-2011, 01:04 AM
lmao at Dave

in the 50s locker or whatever he totally bull****s his way into 150 dollar profit. those things are so pricey i have no idea who would buy from him

ALSO

Barry hits on Laura hard lol SO HARD

Auguste Escoffier
12-23-2011, 02:35 AM
^

If I were 60, rich and a straight up bau5 such as Barry, I too would be hitting on that busty gal.

Shabutie
01-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Wait, you're complaining about Darrell over-valuing items? What about Dave "Particle board furniture? In my store that would sell for $500" HesterThe one thing that annoys me about this show is that they don't come up with the actual amount that the buyer sold the stuff in their unit for. It ticks me off that they just take Dave's (example) estimates as the total dollar value at the end of the show and come up with a profit... I don't remember ever seeing Dave go in the red, but maybe that's because he values a used washing machine for $500 a banged up fridge for $400 and other useless items for hundreds...

pelts35.com
01-05-2012, 06:46 PM
The one thing that annoys me about this show is that they don't come up with the actual amount that the buyer sold the stuff in their unit for. It ticks me off that they just take Dave's (example) estimates as the total dollar value at the end of the show and come up with a profit... I don't remember ever seeing Dave go in the red, but maybe that's because he values a used washing machine for $500 a banged up fridge for $400 and other useless items for hundreds...

In the last episode he bought a locker full of boxes and boxes of books, maybe over a dozen boxes full, and claimed that they would sell for a combined price of 9 grand. Overvalue stuff much?

Fire Lindy
01-05-2012, 08:44 PM
The one thing that annoys me about this show is that they don't come up with the actual amount that the buyer sold the stuff in their unit for. It ticks me off that they just take Dave's (example) estimates as the total dollar value at the end of the show and come up with a profit... I don't remember ever seeing Dave go in the red, but maybe that's because he values a used washing machine for $500 a banged up fridge for $400 and other useless items for hundreds...

Yea, I remember an episode where Darrel found a box of Cannon cameras and was valuing each one at a few hundred a pop, but I know a decent amount about cameras, and they were older film cameras that would go on eBay for around $30.

snowden
01-05-2012, 11:31 PM
In the last episode he bought a locker full of boxes and boxes of books, maybe over a dozen boxes full, and claimed that they would sell for a combined price of 9 grand. Overvalue stuff much?

Watching that one, I had the same reaction but then he made a lot of sense in that if he sold all those books for just a dollar or even 50 cents, he'd make 10 grand or 5 grand or something ridiculous. Of course, he'd have to sell them all for that which would take forever.

awesomo
01-05-2012, 11:54 PM
yea man dave is full of ****

honestly says he turns a profit out of everything.

pelts35.com
01-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Watching that one, I had the same reaction but then he made a lot of sense in that if he sold all those books for just a dollar or even 50 cents, he'd make 10 grand or 5 grand or something ridiculous. Of course, he'd have to sell them all for that which would take forever.

As you said, if he sells all of them. Those are the kinds of things that will just sit in the store and take up space for a long period of time. It could take him years to just break even on that locker, let alone turn the profit that he was bragging about.

Chimaera
01-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Realistically, he's not selling for what he says he's selling it for.

However, he has a shop where they can process/repair some of the bigger items, and most likely turn a profit. Though, the labor isn't included.

Some of these stores also throw in a pawn shop on the side, and instead of getting cash out of it, someone will get credit, and get to buy some items.

But yeah, the values are way off.

chuckdobbins
01-06-2012, 09:42 PM

Yeah there really isn't any verification or follow up typically. I tend to ignore it. I think Darrell is a bit more annoying than Dave to be honest, and everytime he values a useless item as "another 30 dollar bill" I cringe. At least Dave knows he's an asshat and doesn't really try to hide it.

Barry is easily the most likable guy.

I do wonder how much of this is staged though. Now going on a 3rd season I believe, for which they're obviously being paid handsomely by the network, and they've clearly had success in the last few years (some more than others)...then you mean to tell me they'll haggle and nickel and dime between 1200 and 1250? It just doesn't add up. If one of em wants the unit, say Dave or Barry since they're the clear wealthiest, why not just keep going and going til they win it. Just looks staged when Dave backs out and is like, "I would've paid 1000, but it's not worth 1200"

JannikAtTheDisco
01-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I do wonder how much of this is staged though. Now going on a 3rd season I believe, for which they're obviously being paid handsomely by the network, and they've clearly had success in the last few years (some more than others)...then you mean to tell me they'll haggle and nickel and dime between 1200 and 1250? It just doesn't add up. If one of em wants the unit, say Dave or Barry since they're the clear wealthiest, why not just keep going and going til they win it. Just looks staged when Dave backs out and is like, "I would've paid 1000, but it's not worth 1200"

it takes time, effort and usually other paid workers to clean out and process a locker, just because you're rich doesn't mean you should throw away money...

edit: and barry does do that by the way when he sees something he likes he'll make sure he wins it, and usually dave makes him pay by bidding him up for a while

Chimaera
01-07-2012, 03:38 PM
they do operate on the fact that they're richer and they can afford to gamble.

I don't think they show as many times when they get trash units.

Leaf Lander
03-08-2012, 12:18 AM
There is even a wikipedia page that shows how much they spent and what they made

Justified
03-08-2012, 01:07 AM
I like this show, and the only one I like is Barry. The guy is such a clown and he always seems to never make anything on his unit.

Gustav Nyquist
03-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Dave's the best.

pelts35.com
03-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Dave's the best.

The best what? D-bag?

Barry is the only entertaining part of the show IMO.

Leaf Lander
03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Im sure thats why he wins alocker almost every day.

HawksFan74
03-08-2012, 10:26 AM
The best what? D-bag?

Barry is the only entertaining part of the show IMO.

Barry is entertaining because he doesn't give a ****. He's not in the business to make money where Dave is.

Dave is probably the best of them at turning a profit.

pelts35.com
03-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Barry is entertaining because he doesn't give a ****. He's not in the business to make money where Dave is.

Dave is probably the best of them at turning a profit.

Dave is the best at overvaluing how much he's going to get out of some of those lockers. I'd be really curious of what his actual profit is.

Fixed to Ruin
03-08-2012, 11:48 AM
I never question the small items.

However, i always get a laugh at the big ticket items. Oh wow look a piece of **** commercial air conditioner. That's worth at least 3000$ even though we have no idea if it works or if anyone wants it.

Blueline Bomber
03-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I cracked up at the end of the last season. Barry supposedly bringing the camera crew back to his home, only to reveal that it was just some random mansion he drove up to and the owner wanted to know who he was and why he had a camera crew there.

Darkhorse1280
03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
To the people that are arguing that it's 100% real and not scripted: Give all of your heads a shake.

I mean really? Do I need to explain to any of you as to WHY it's not real???

I also have some valuable aluminum siding for sale if anyone is interested.

:facepalm:

Leave Spezza Alone
03-08-2012, 04:55 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Who's this new chick?

Kronwalled55
03-08-2012, 05:02 PM

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree son, some day you're going to look like this." - Darrell

stingo
03-08-2012, 05:11 PM
anyone know who is winning/won the gold?

Leaf Lander
03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Ill gues it was barry as the gold locker sold for just 1100

Leaf Lander
03-10-2012, 12:55 AM
So why is storage wars on OLN and. A and E

TheGooooch
03-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Dave is the best at overvaluing how much he's going to get out of some of those lockers. I'd be really curious of what his actual profit is.

Me too. Not too mention how long some of the stuff sits in stores (not sure if he just has the auction now though) before it sells.

"oh, this is a nice fork, polish that up and I'll get 200 easy. Oh, a toilet seat cover, there's another hundred."

Frankie Spankie
03-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I cracked up at the end of the last season. Barry supposedly bringing the camera crew back to his home, only to reveal that it was just some random mansion he drove up to and the owner wanted to know who he was and why he had a camera crew there.

:biglaugh: That was my favorite moment so far.

Some of the valuing is pretty damn stupid in the show and I also wonder how long these items sit in stores until they sell, especially some ridiculously huge ticket items. "Hey, this art piece can sell for $4,000. Enjoy waiting 8 years until some ridiculously rich art freak walks into your pawn shop and sees it!"

The thing I can't stand about the show is how much everybody whines in the show but then turns around and does the same thing. I've heard all of them complaining about people who don't want the locker but purposely bid just to hike up the price. Then in the next episode, those people complaining say, "I don't want this locker, but I'm going to screw these other guys over by bumping up the price."

GKJ
03-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Dave might overvalue his stuff, but he definitely gets the most for less. He doesn't have all these guys, trucks, large stores - plural - if he's not making money. It's not the mom-and-pop shop Jarrod and Brandi have. He makes enough that he buys this stuff, and barely lifts a finger moving it.

Thorntonfan97
03-11-2012, 01:52 PM
This might be mean but one of my favorite Storage Wars moments was when Dave had that antique thing and he stepped out of his car but dropped it and it broke and he was just freaking out and swearing and a car drove by looking at him... I found that funny

Jovavic
03-11-2012, 03:44 PM
This might be mean but one of my favorite Storage Wars moments was when Dave had that antique thing and he stepped out of his car but dropped it and it broke and he was just freaking out and swearing and a car drove by looking at him... I found that funny

Yea, that was awesome.

Dave does the best, but he has an actual business with employees. Would any of the other people have bought that giant unit filled with books?

RAZZIE King
03-12-2012, 09:56 AM
I would have cracked up even further if he found out the box was worth over $1500...

RAZZIE King
03-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Believe me...that lettuce was made in produce...

GKJ
03-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Yea, that was awesome.

Dave does the best, but he has an actual business with employees. Would any of the other people have bought that giant unit filled with books?

He could have opened his own book store with those books.

Rhaego
03-12-2012, 08:02 PM
"I like my cigars dipped in Brandi"

The only reason to watch this show is for her.

CanadianHockey
03-12-2012, 08:20 PM
To the people that are arguing that it's 100% real and not scripted: Give all of your heads a shake.

I mean really? Do I need to explain to any of you as to WHY it's not real???

I also have some valuable aluminum siding for sale if anyone is interested.

:facepalm:

That's hardly scripting something. Granted, yes, it isn't real in the sense that almost everyone on the show overvalues their items because they choose the prices and then let things sit in their stores until they get some shmuck to overpay on it. It's also not real in the sense that they don't show every single auction they go to, just the best ones (either huge busts or huge wins with interesting items).

Cowen Time
03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
This forum was around before the shows started and has a lot of guys that do this for a living. They would love the hit the ratio of winners that the TV guys do.

http://www.storageauctionforums.com/

snowden
03-13-2012, 12:56 AM
This forum was around before the shows started and has a lot of guys that do this for a living. They would love the hit the ratio of winners that the TV guys do.

http://www.storageauctionforums.com/

Reading through this shows me just how unsexy buying lockers really is.

Auguste Escoffier
03-13-2012, 01:24 AM
An Edmontonian purchased a locker which held some expensive comic books:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Winning+storage+locker+leads+treasure+trove+comic+ books/6280453/story.html

Kronwalled55
06-13-2012, 11:45 AM
New season started last week, surprised this hasn't been bumped yet. Still one of my favorite shows :nod:

Lost Horizons
06-13-2012, 01:27 PM
This show is as fake as it gets. They'll be nothing but trash and particle board crap but "oh look here are vases worth $6k from the 1800's" etc

Kessely Snipes
06-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Great show, Barry makes the whole thing.

Fire Lindy
06-14-2012, 06:37 PM
This show is as fake as it gets. They'll be nothing but trash and particle board crap but "oh look here are vases worth $6k from the 1800's" etc

No doubt it's fake, still entertaining though. I read an article about how everyone is trying to win big doing these auctions now, and they are all going broke instead.

Blackhawkswincup
06-14-2012, 09:04 PM

That is how it actually is but the reality is these people have the $$$ to afford the hits

I know someone who successfully did this type of thing for 2 years

You gotta know how to pick them

So saying it is fake is probably not accurate

These aren't 4 newbies doing it ,, All 4 of them have experience especially Hester/Daryl

If you play it right and can handle the terrible lockers then you will be fine. The key is that outside of Barry they aren't buying just to find that one item

They actually sell off as much as they can for profit

Dave and Brandi/Jarrod have there own businesses. Normal people jumping into this and blowing all there money are going looking for treasures and that is why they are failing

edge7287
06-14-2012, 09:07 PM
That is how it actually is but the reality is these people have the $$$ to afford the hits

These aren't 4 newbies doing it ,, All 4 of them have experience especially Hester/Daryl

If you play it right and can handle the terrible lockers then you will be fine. The key is that outside of Barry they aren't buying just to find that one item

Dave and Brandi/Jarrod have there own businesses. Normal people jumping into this and blowing all there money are going looking for treasures and that is why they are failing
The reality is that Dave an

I'd love to be in Barry's position just buying up lockers for the heck of it looking for cool stuff to keep. :nod:

Lost Horizons
06-14-2012, 10:28 PM

Except with the show it's not about how to pick them they know who's going to get what. I love the fake reactions of "look what I just found!" In real life no one finds the things they find with the regularity they do and doing so at the same storage unit on the same day no less. I could maybe see someone hitting on something once every six months but not like they do.

Fire Lindy
06-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Except with the show it's not about how to pick them they know who's going to get what. I love the fake reactions of "look what I just found!" In real life no one finds the things they find with the regularity they do and doing so at the same storage unit on the same day no less. I could maybe see someone hitting on something once every six months but not like they do.

Yea the reactions and timing of finding the one good item just seems too fake. They've said they don't show all of the units that they didn't make any money from, but you can tell a lot of it is likely scripted.

Darkhorse1280
06-14-2012, 11:36 PM

Also, how many people in America have a storage locker, relinquish it for some unknown reason, and that same locker ends up having valuable items and collectables inside of them??

I don't know what the number is, but I'm pretty sure that it's not enough for most people to make a comfortable living on.

Papaspud
06-15-2012, 01:16 AM
Just like. "Survivor", or any "reality" show, everyone is paid their AFTRA dayplayer rate. So they are making $800+ just for the privledge of being taped. Anything they make off the lockers is icing on the cake.
Think about it. If they bid $1000 on a locker, technically they are only "down" $200. If they sell everything they find, any thing sbove $200 is profit. Helps them bid against "regular" folk.

octopi
06-15-2012, 01:25 AM
The thing I can't stand about the show is how much everybody whines in the show but then turns around and does the same thing. I've heard all of them complaining about people who don't want the locker but purposely bid just to hike up the price. Then in the next episode, those people complaining say, "I don't want this locker, but I'm going to screw these other guys over by bumping up the price."

Other guy overpays for locker you didn't want anyways. Now he doesn't have as much money to bid on locker you do want.

stingo
06-15-2012, 01:29 AM
did it ever come out who won the gold? haha

Ronnie Bass
08-01-2012, 09:00 PM
This new guy Jeff is looking like a bigger ****** than Hester.

E_Godard
08-02-2012, 11:23 AM
This new guy Jeff is looking like a bigger ****** than Hester.

What was up with that? Is Hester or someone else being replaced?

isles52480
08-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Just like. "Survivor", or any "reality" show, everyone is paid their AFTRA dayplayer rate. So they are making $800+ just for the privledge of being taped. Anything they make off the lockers is icing on the cake.
Think about it. If they bid $1000 on a locker, technically they are only "down" $200. If they sell everything they find, any thing sbove $200 is profit. Helps them bid against "regular" folk.

They each make 10K/episode.

Ronnie Bass
08-03-2012, 02:40 PM
What was up with that? Is Hester or someone else being replaced?

I dunno, I mean these networks love doing spinoffs on these shows so maybe someone is getting their own show, but I would give it to Barry before anyone else.

Everlong
08-03-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't think the show is fake in a definitive sense. The buying of lockers, the people on the show, and about 90% of the content in those lockers is real. However, the production staff will randomly toss in a rare or interesting object to spice up the show. I highly doubt they find something like a 1850's rifle in a room full of clothes and old electronics.

If you want to see what a scripted/fake tv show from start to finish looks like, go watch an episode of "storage hunters'. Good grief that show is terrible.
BXbU5UVeXSg

Fixed to Ruin
08-03-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't think the show is fake in a definitive sense. The buying of lockers, the people on the show, and about 90% of the content in those lockers is real. However, the production staff will randomly toss in a rare or interesting object to spice up the show. I highly doubt they find something like a 1850's rifle in a room full of clothes and old electronics.

If you want to see what a scripted/fake tv show from start to finish looks like, go watch an episode of "storage hunters'. Good grief that show is terrible.
BXbU5UVeXSg

This Storage Hunters show makes me so mad :rant:

Bad actors and the obvious fake scripted content just makes it unbearable. The auctioneer looked like he got picked out of the crowd at the Jerry Springer show.

Blueline Bomber
08-28-2012, 10:00 PM
I do have to admit, the geek in me was happy with one of the episodes tonight.

Darryl finds old MTG cards that I recognized...then promptly watched him sell them for $2000 less than their actual worth. :laugh:

shortshorts
08-29-2012, 02:45 AM
I do have to admit, the geek in me was happy with one of the episodes tonight.

Darryl finds old MTG cards that I recognized...then promptly watched him sell them for $2000 less than their actual worth. :laugh:

I saw that too. The guys behind the counter made out like bandits.

Blueline Bomber
08-29-2012, 10:19 AM
I saw that too. The guys behind the counter made out like bandits.

It was pretty funny. Flipping a coin to sell them for 600 or 700 dollars, then getting excited about how he "ripped off the geeks" when the coin flipped his way. When a little research would have shown just two of the cards could have sold for over 2400.

CarlWinslow
08-29-2012, 10:26 AM

Consider for a moment that these people likely buy way more lockers than televised. They then only show the interesting hits on the show. It's not like every locker they buy has a hit but the bulk of those probably don't make tv.

The mitchrock
08-29-2012, 01:15 PM
These guys buys hundreds of storage lockers a year. It is edited so we pretty much see the best. Good television.

kingsboy11
08-30-2012, 12:22 AM
These guys buys hundreds of storage lockers a year. It is edited so we pretty much see the best. Good television.

Exactly. There is another one of these show on spike, but only focus on these 2 partners. Its says right before they start the show, that these 2 go to hundreds of auctions, but they only show the ones where they score big. These guys are also a lot nicer than the guys on storage wars. The show is called auction hunters in case people are interested.

Leafs at Knight
08-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Exactly. There is another one of these show on spike, but only focus on these 2 partners. Its says right before they start the show, that these 2 go to hundreds of auctions, but they only show the ones where they score big. These guys are also a lot nicer than the guys on storage wars. The show is called auction hunters in case people are interested.

Now that show I believe is fake, storage wars im on the fence about.

The Gourmet
08-30-2012, 12:46 AM

Now that show I believe is fake, storage wars im on the fence about.

They recreate their biggest finds. The episode itself is scripted, but it's based on actual lockers they found.

Finnpin
08-30-2012, 05:35 AM
Barry is maybe the only one who is not a real storage byer...the producer knew him and wanted him in the show to make it more interesting and he certainly have done that.

I enjoy the shows a lot. Is there going to come Storage Wars: New York?

I laughed my ass off at the brazilian guy who had a purse...he thought his crap Nintendo is worth of 10k :lol:

Canadienjet
08-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Love the show.Brandi is awesome haha.

Barry has many epic quotes we could make a thread for them haha.

seventieslord
08-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Prove it. Really. I want to see proof. Not because I don't believe, I just want to see!

For one thing, if it was real and anyone could go join this small crowd of people and bid on auctions (or at least get seen on TV), then by season two, EVERYONE would have been going to these storage auctions. But it was the same crowd as before. That alone should tell you.

Fire Lindy
08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Yea, a lot of it is clearly scripted..pretty sure the random people in the crowd are just stand ins for the show.

Fire Lindy
08-30-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't believe there is any storage/pawn/etc show that isn't at least a little scripted.

cupcrazyman
08-30-2012, 06:40 PM
if i had coins,sports cards,jewellery or any other valuables,the last place i would put them is in a storage locker.

Finnpin
08-30-2012, 11:35 PM
if i had coins,sports cards,jewellery or any other valuables,the last place i would put them is in a storage locker.But there is lots of people who ain't like you.

I bought a classic finnish bicycle from the 70's with a price of 1 beer bottle. With the crappy condition it's still worth of 80-120 euros...If I restore it little bit myself --> it's worth 200-250 euros. Lot's of people just don't know or care what some stuff are worth.

RAZZIE King
08-31-2012, 09:07 AM
For one thing, if it was real and anyone could go join this small crowd of people and bid on auctions (or at least get seen on TV), then by season two, EVERYONE would have been going to these storage auctions. But it was the same crowd as before. That alone should tell you.
Certain storage places will close for a few hours during the filming...and if they give the regular customers enough of a warning...they won't be stuck in the crowd... I caught myself in one of the Las Vegas shows...but I was trying to make a fast exit and catch a bus...

It took 35 minutes to get through that crowd...let alone get out of sight of the cameras... I saw Barry...but couldn't get close enough for an autograph...

HawksFan74
08-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Barry is maybe the only one who is not a real storage byer...the producer knew him and wanted him in the show to make it more interesting and he certainly have done that.

I enjoy the shows a lot. Is there going to come Storage Wars: New York?

I laughed my ass off at the brazilian guy who had a purse...he thought his crap Nintendo is worth of 10k :lol:

He still has done this for years looking for antiques, ect. He's not in it for the money and they don't make any illusions about that.

Show has become too popular so they obviously limit the amount of people.

if i had coins,sports cards,jewellery or any other valuables,the last place i would put them is in a storage locker.

People store their stuff for all kinds of reasons. They don't intend on losing the locker. Some stuff obviously is forgot about it.

It has been said many times. They attend 100's of auctions per year but the show picks and chooses the good stuff. I'm sure they attend auctions where none of them win or bid on a locker. You want to see that show?

WTFetus
08-31-2012, 11:42 AM
I don't believe there is any storage/pawn/etc show that isn't at least a little scripted.

I agree, just some shows are more scripted than the others. Storage Hunters for example looks extremely scripted (from the skits, to the auctions, to the items). Pawn Stars and American Restoration on the other hand, while the skits are scripted, I don't think the sellers and the items are.

Frankie Spankie
08-31-2012, 12:27 PM
I don't see why people seem to even care that shows like this are "scripted," if it even is. It's like WWE, who cares? It's about entertainment and I know I'm entertained by Storage Wars. Do you watch action movies and get bummed that they're not actually killing each other?

I do love seeing some of the geeky stuff like the Magic The Gathering clip from the last episode. I also found it hilarious when Darryl found a box of mint condition Star Wars toys in cases and thought they would be worthless. I'm not even a big Star Wars fan or a collector of any toys and I'm well aware those can fetch thousands of dollars each.

Bubba Thudd
08-31-2012, 02:37 PM
It's kind of cool when you see an item that's worth a couple hundred bucks, and you think, "Hey! I have one of those!"

Similar to watching Antiques Road Show...I like seeing the value of things that sometimes surprise me.

BostonBob
08-31-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't see why people seem to even care that shows like this are "scripted," if it even is. It's like WWE, who cares?

HOW DARE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqeggde3D1qfohxz.gif

Qurpiz
09-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Always watch it whenever I see it's on. Mostly because of Brandis boobs. They are magnigicent.

kducks
11-01-2012, 04:57 PM
"Storage Wars" star Brandi Passante files real lawsuit over fake porn video

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Brandi Passante wants the world to know that she won't get naked and give anybody a virus. And she's willing to go to court to prove it.

Passante, a buyer on the A&E reality show "Storage Wars," filed suit in U.S. District Court in Central California last week against Hunter Moore, former operator of the website Is Anyone Up, claiming that he published fake photos and video purporting to depict Passante in pornographic situations.

And, perhaps worse, the suit alleges, the video placed a virus on viewers' computers.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/storage-wars-star-brandi-passante-files-real-lawsuit-004356811.html

Don't try to watch it guys :laugh:

Lost Horizons
02-12-2013, 03:18 PM
‘Storage Wars’ star Mark Balelo found dead of apparent suicide after drug arrest -- reports (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/02/12/storage-wars-star-mark-balelo-found-dead-apparent-suicide-after-drug-arrest/?intcmp=features#ixzz2KionAqra)

jumptheshark
02-12-2013, 04:04 PM
bad day for reality show people--two others wee arrested for drugs

Lost Horizons
08-04-2013, 11:11 PM
'Storage Wars' loses another cast member: Who is leaving now? (http://www.examiner.com/article/storage-wars-loses-another-cast-member-who-is-leaving-now?cid=taboola_inbound)

Blueline Bomber
08-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Stopped watching this a while ago, but if I hadn't, I would have when Barry left.

Everlong
08-05-2013, 12:48 AM
And I'm done. Even Brandi can't save it. Oh well, it had it's run. Just too repetitive.

parabola
08-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Barry was basically the only reason to watch the show. Even after all the reports of it being fake (which I basically knew already) it was awesome because of Barry.

RAZZIE King
08-05-2013, 04:23 AM
I don't think Darrell's going to get the full 500% retail that he's charging for those damaged radio transcription discs that he's selling on his site... I would have told him that he'd be lucky to get $10 each on ebay...

Whoever that expert was that told him that those cracked discs were worth even $30 each must have been high on something... Unfortunately...one of those discs is on my wish list...and I'm not willing to pay more than $20 for it...

I think the Bob Hope autographed one might be close to retail though IF the autograph is legit...but it is a common show for most collectors...

SpinTheBlackCircle
06-20-2014, 09:34 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/20/storage-wars-dan-dotson-double-brain-aneurysm-auctioneer/

"Storage Wars" auctioneer Dan Dotson was rushed to a hospital in Palm Springs Monday afternoon after suffering a double brain aneurysm ... and doctors said he only had a slight chance of survival.

Blackhawkswincup
06-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Well that sucks

Haven't watched show in a few years but when it first was on it was entertaining

SANTArelli25
06-22-2014, 02:16 PM
That sucks. He's a great auctioneer. All the best to him.