[FIN] Lahti Pelicans News

Owen
08-18-2004, 04:11 AM
Recently I thought I'd heard something about the Lahti Pelicans going bankrupt... does anyone know if this has become official? Also, does anyone have any info about whether they are going to drop down to the Mestis this season or not?

Padawan
08-18-2004, 05:28 AM
Recently I thought I'd heard something about the Lahti Pelicans going bankrupt... does anyone know if this has become official? Also, does anyone have any info about whether they are going to drop down to the Mestis this season or not?
Pelicans will play in the SM-Liiga next season. They are not going bankrupt. This is the latest I've read about them. However, bankruptcy thread isn't yet entirely swept away. They will play the next season and after that more news will follow. Can they pay off their debt enough to avoid bankruptcy? That's the question that many people want to know.

Owen
08-18-2004, 02:41 PM
All right, thanks for the info

mattihp
09-04-2004, 05:21 PM
I am also trying to spark Henkka, drummer of withering that he and his band would do a theme song for their local team, the Pelicans, but he didn't quite like my sample lyrics :D

"The Pelican Dives To Get It's Prey, Halfrotten Fish, No One's Scared, No One Seems to Care, And Time After Time After Time, The Points Go Somewhere Else" :D in finnish though :D

mattihp
09-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Latest news on Pelicans Fan Anthem : Henkka is reluctant to make it... They'd be the perfect band for it though. He wasn't that fond of my lyrics for some reason :lol