[FIN] Kaspars Astashenko, player info?

Babachka
08-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Any info on Kaspars Astashenko? i know he was with a team in Fin last season...
thanks

mattihp
08-25-2004, 09:50 AM
You have to name the thread [FIN] Kaspars Astashenkos, if you are to post here again that is.

Babachka
08-25-2004, 11:45 AM
oh I'm sry... I havent been on these boards long! Sry for the inconvience!

Oceanic39*
08-25-2004, 12:33 PM
Rick Dudley drafted him for the Lightning a few years ago as an older prospect out of the IHL.

He was a big defensman who kind of stumbled around and had no shot to speak of. Dudley moved him to forward and he saw some 4th line time for the Lightning, scoring against Pittsburgh when he closed his eyes and fired from the top of the slot and it went top far corner. A great shot, but we had never see that before or since from him. Not a very smart player and marginal skater. His size was enticing to Dudley, no doubt, but he was let go a couple years later.

mattihp
08-25-2004, 01:36 PM
oh I'm sry... I havent been on these boards long! Sry for the inconvience!
oh, I reread my posts and I am very sorry for sounding rude, it was just some friendly advice for future posting :) Sorry that I sounded harsh, english isn't really much my cup of tea.

ES
08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
He is qute a big player, but has also good skills. He came to Ilves in mid-season through try-out and was then awarded contract for the rest of the season. He had bad end and he didn't even play all playoff games IIRC.

He didn't get new contract.

Babachka
08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Thank you for the replys!!

~ES do you know why he didnt play the end of the season, or playoffs? I know last season he started off with a team in russia, but never played with them, and then ended up in Fin. and is now back with a russian team. I was just wondering how he playd, how he was last season and if he had anymore "injuries"
thanks again everyone

~mattihp, its very much ok, thanks for the heads up! ;)