HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mixed Martial Arts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   MMA General News & Discussion Pt. III (Silva, Diaz both fail drug tests) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1571479)

End of Line 10-23-2013 05:44 PM

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part VIII (Henderson vs Cerrone III)

Previous thread

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1301335

VeddarRants 10-25-2013 08:41 AM

Sonnen and Silva will be coaching the next TUF Brazil...wow.

Sonnen said he'll be reaching out to Anderson to be one of his coaches :laugh:

yada 10-25-2013 01:36 PM

Would love to see Anderson coach w chael. I wanted to hear more about it but i dont watch videos on mmafighting cause i hate having 30 sec commercials fpr a min and half video

Frank the Tank 10-25-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeddarRants (Post 73206015)
Sonnen and Silva will be coaching the next TUF Brazil...wow.

Sonnen said he'll be reaching out to Anderson to be one of his coaches :laugh:

I think most fighters that face Chael realize he is putting on a show (and making them a lot of money in the process).

Vincent Vega 10-25-2013 04:20 PM

Bad news, fellas. The long awaited clash between Tito Ortiz and Rampage Jackson has been cancelled. Tito Ortiz has an injured neck. I'm kind of surprised. Ortiz has been very durable his entire career. I suppose he was due for some bad luck. It is a shame because I, like everyone else, was super pumped for this fight. Neither man has lost 4 fights in a row, so you know both would be on their A game.

Vamos Rafa 10-25-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent Vega (Post 73224077)
Bad news, fellas. The long awaited clash between Tito Ortiz and Rampage Jackson has been cancelled. Tito Ortiz has an injured neck. I'm kind of surprised. Ortiz has been very durable his entire career. I suppose he was due for some bad luck. It is a shame because I, like everyone else, was super pumped for this fight. Neither man has lost 4 fights in a row, so you know both would be on their A game.

That's good news. The rest of the card will be moved to Spike. 2 title fights on free TV! I'll watch it on internet stream anyway. But Bjorn should be relieved he won't have to worry about a PPV buy rate flop.

Avs_19 10-25-2013 06:31 PM

Don't really care about Tito but I'm a Rampage fan so I was looking forward to seeing him fight again. Too bad.

Chandler/Alvarez is the better fight anyways and now that's going to be the main event on Spike. Can't complain about that.

Avs_19 10-26-2013 05:08 PM

Gustafsson vs Lil Nog just announced for March 8th in London.

Kitten Mittons 10-26-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 73276387)
Gustafsson vs Lil Nog just announced for March 8th in London.

Ugh whyyyyy...

Gene Parmesan 10-26-2013 05:22 PM

Gustaffson/Lil Nog...ugh.

Chris Cutter 10-26-2013 05:25 PM

What a terrible match-up.

Avs_19 10-26-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons (Post 73276687)
Ugh whyyyyy...

A favourable match up for Gustafsson so they can do the Jones fight again. I don't mind it.

Gene Parmesan 10-26-2013 05:33 PM

Vitor/Machida..if Vitor beats Hendo...Dana really doesn't want Vitor near the belt. Hes done more than enough to earn a shot at Middleweight but the TRT thing is holding him back.

Kitten Mittons 10-26-2013 10:06 PM

Vitor-Hendo fight is at 205 so it shouldn't have any bearing on the 185 title fight. Vitor would never agree to fight Machida but it would make a sick Brazil event.

Gene Parmesan 10-26-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons (Post 73307201)
Vitor-Hendo fight is at 205 so it shouldn't have any bearing on the 185 title fight. Vitor would never agree to fight Machida but it would make a sick Brazil event.

They would fight. Machida is open to fighting Anderson..so why not that old dinosaur?

I am the Liquor 10-27-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Cutter (Post 73277177)
What a terrible match-up.

This.

Kitten Mittons 10-27-2013 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan (Post 73311357)
They would fight. Machida is open to fighting Anderson..so why not that old dinosaur?

Because Vitor is an entitled *****.

yada 10-27-2013 06:51 PM

who cares about lil nog vs gustaffson being announced theres gonna be an injury and im glad that cormier isnt fighting gustaffson.

if vitor loses at 205 thats still gonna affect his 185 status and i believe dana already mentioned that in an interview right after the match was announced.

HighAndTight 10-28-2013 05:09 PM

Don't forget this man:

http://fcfighter.com/wp-content/uplo...rd_Mousasi.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/4udu6b.gif

BGDDYKWL 10-28-2013 05:38 PM

Mousasi asked for Lyoto but I think Dana said he wants Lyoto-Vitor. All would be very interesting fights. If Hendo beats Vitor you could make a strong case that Lyoto deserves the next title shot, so then Vitor-Mousasi would definitely make sense. If Vitor wins I think he has to get the shot next, so then they could do Lyoto-Mousasi.

I don't like Gus-Nog at all. Just not interesting to me. Gus will walk right through him. Ultimately they want the rematch though which I understand, and this just serves as a fight to keep Gus active, so I get it on that level.

Gene Parmesan 10-28-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyPipkin (Post 73400721)

Has to get healthy and fight someone first. Give him Belcher or someone like that.

yada 10-28-2013 10:12 PM

^ awesome gif :laugh:

I am the Liquor 10-29-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL (Post 73401991)
Mousasi asked for Lyoto but I think Dana said he wants Lyoto-Vitor. All would be very interesting fights. If Hendo beats Vitor you could make a strong case that Lyoto deserves the next title shot, so then Vitor-Mousasi would definitely make sense. If Vitor wins I think he has to get the shot next, so then they could do Lyoto-Mousasi.

I don't like Gus-Nog at all. Just not interesting to me. Gus will walk right through him. Ultimately they want the rematch though which I understand, and this just serves as a fight to keep Gus active, so I get it on that level.

I dont think Mousasi or Vitor have much for Machida tbh.

The Rage 10-29-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 73277345)
A favourable match up for Gustafsson so they can do the Jones fight again. I don't mind it.

Which begs the question...why not just do the Gustafsson/Jones immediate rematch? They could have then had Glopver fight Cormier for the next contender. They almost had Cormier/Gustaffson, which would have killed off one of Jones' two most interesting opponents. Think about this as well: if Silva crushes Weidman and wants to fight Jones, then Gustaffson is stuck spinning his wheels even more and a mid-thirties Cormier is just getting older. What a freaking mess. They should have either had Gustaffson get an immediate rematch--or, if they felt he didn't deserve one, they should have giving him a real test. They are trying to have the best of both worlds, while risking it all blowing up in their face (see: Lil Nog/Evans, Overeem/Silva, Fedor/Silva, Pettis/Guida etc.)

jw2 10-29-2013 12:23 PM

No one coming off a loss should get a title shot unless he is the previous title holder.

Only thing worse than giving a guy coming off a loss a title shot, is giving the guy coming off a loss to that same person a title shot.