HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Dallas-Tampa Bay (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1000541)

DallasStarsfan06 10-08-2011 11:30 AM

Dallas-Tampa Bay
 
I know Tampa Bay isnt looking to trade Hedman, but I just want to see if this is fair value.

To Tampa Bay:
Jamie Oleksiak
Jack Campbell
Trevor Daley
2012 2nd Round Pick

To Dallas:
Victor Hedman
Carter Ashton

LatvianTwist 10-08-2011 11:33 AM

We're giving up WAY too much, IMO.

Hedman would be an awesome trade piece, but if Oleksiak and Daley alone doesn't get him, there's no trade. And I'm not sure I'd even want to see that.

Hedman is an amazing defender (and eerily similar to Oleksiak), but I think Oleksiak has a bit of a higher ceiling, and it's too early to trade someone we just drafted (and signed).

X0X0A0 10-08-2011 11:36 AM

I'm a fan of Campbell but the Lightning are not trading for prospects or picks.

DallasStarsfan06 10-08-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrickov (Post 37619415)
I'm a fan of Campbell but the Lightning are not trading for prospects or picks.

Daley is not a prospect, but I just wanted to see if this was fair value.

DallasStarsfan06 10-08-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 37619313)
We're giving up WAY too much, IMO.

Hedman would be an awesome trade piece, but if Oleksiak and Daley alone doesn't get him, there's no trade. And I'm not sure I'd even want to see that.

Hedman is an amazing defender (and eerily similar to Oleksiak), but I think Oleksiak has a bit of a higher ceiling, and it's too early to trade someone we just drafted (and signed).

Hedman going to be a franchise d-man, I included Campbell because I know Tampa will need a goalie after Roloson. I do not think nothing on our current roster interests Tampa, so thats why I included our top prospects.

LohPilot 10-08-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasStarsfan06 (Post 37619205)
I know Tampa Bay isnt looking to trade Hedman, but I just want to see if this is fair value.

To Tampa Bay:
Jamie Oleksiak
Jack Campbell
Trevor Daley
2012 2nd Round Pick

To Dallas:
Victor Hedman
Carter Ashton

Since they just signed Oleksiak to a 3 year entry level contract, they will probably keep him in the minors for at least 2 years. With that said, to make our defense better now, then Hedman would be a good addition. However, I agree, only trade Oleksiak and Daley.

LatvianTwist 10-08-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasStarsfan06 (Post 37619645)
Hedman going to be a franchise d-man, I included Campbell because I know Tampa will need a goalie after Roloson. I do not think nothing on our current roster interests Tampa, so thats why I included our top prospects.

Oh, I totally agree here. Hedman is one of my favorite defensemen in the entire league. And we've got stunning goaltending depth, so losing Campbell isn't that big of a deal.

But Campbell could become a top 5 goaltender in the league. Oleksiak, while he doesn't have quite the ceiling Hedman does, could still be a very solid top pairing defenseman. Daley's a top 4 ATM, and while I'm not too big on him, I'd still like to see him stick around for a bit longer.

As for Ashton, I'm not too sold on him. I think he'll make the NHL eventually, maybe even a top 6 spot, but looking at who all we have (Glennie, Chiasson, Vincour, Smith, Stransky, etc.), he'd be a bit redundant.

I do think these two teams could be good trading partners, though. Just not for these exact pieces.

stammerhammer91 10-08-2011 12:10 PM

NO way from the lightning, we are not trading hedman no matter what and ashton would take a massive overpayment let alone trading them both. i don't understand how someone thinks that oleksiak can have a higher ceiling than hedman when they projected hedman to be a franchise norris winning defenseman and he is starting to realize his potential

Doctor Drej 10-08-2011 12:13 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frozen Failure 10-08-2011 12:17 PM

I'm gonna go with no thanks even though I think Daley is meh, Campbell was a reach, and Oleksiak is boom or bust. There's no one else in the Tampa system or on the roster that interests me enough to trade for them.

X0X0A0 10-08-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasStarsfan06 (Post 37619531)
Daley is not a prospect, but I just wanted to see if this was fair value.

Daley is not but the majority of the proposal is. The Lightning are not trading their best defenseman and Ashton who will be one of the first forwards called up for Daley and 3 pieces who won't help this year and probably for a couple years after that when they are a cup contender now.

LatvianTwist 10-08-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 (Post 37620533)
NO way from the lightning, we are not trading hedman no matter what and ashton would take a massive overpayment let alone trading them both. i don't understand how someone thinks that oleksiak can have a higher ceiling than hedman when they projected hedman to be a franchise norris winning defenseman and he is starting to realize his potential

No one in this thread ever says this...?

Johnny Bravo 10-08-2011 12:32 PM

I think this is an overpayment for dallas

john skull 10-08-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 (Post 37620533)
ashton would take a massive overpayment

This is a massive overpayment. Campbell straight up for Ashton would be a massive overpayment. I understand that you guys aren't trading Hedman, but value-wise Daley, 2nd, +a Hedman clone, +the fact that there is still tons of value left over from Campbell means there is no way this is not tilted in favor of Tampa pretty heavily. Still, those aren't always trades you make. But the value is more than there.

Ralphy 10-08-2011 01:17 PM

Overpayment for sure, but could definitely be a start.
I like Oleksiak as the starting piece for sure.

thadd 10-08-2011 02:08 PM

I think Tampa would want more. Hedman is the full meal deal.

thadd 10-08-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralphy (Post 37622619)
Overpayment for sure, but could definitely be a start.
I like Oleksiak as the starting piece for sure.

An unproven stay at home d-man is a starting piece to get a franchise defenseman?

*knocks on screen*

Um... hello? I'm a real person. No... you're not playing NHL11 right now. This is the REAL world.

Rschmitz 10-08-2011 04:25 PM

no from tampa bay. I appreciate that the op isn't trying to get hedman with b level prospects, but hedman is an extremely rare talent that we can't afford to deal away.

Brian28 10-08-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 37621115)
No one in this thread ever says this...?

Actually...you did in post #2.


Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 37619313)
We're giving up WAY too much, IMO.

Hedman would be an awesome trade piece, but if Oleksiak and Daley alone doesn't get him, there's no trade. And I'm not sure I'd even want to see that.

Hedman is an amazing defender (and eerily similar to Oleksiak), but I think Oleksiak has a bit of a higher ceiling, and it's too early to trade someone we just drafted (and signed).


garmonbozia 10-08-2011 05:48 PM

Value in the proposal is irrelevant as TB has no need nor desire to trade either Hedman or Ashton even if the overall quantity of good pieces coming back is tilted in their favor. Doesn't help in the here and now at all, and requires Oleksiak and/or Campbell to fufill expectations to really help further in the future.

LatvianTwist 10-08-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian28 (Post 37634209)
Actually...you did in post #2.

Oh, I meant to put Hedman there, actually. I swear.

I don't think anyone has Oleksiak to become a guy like that. I sure don't.

glovesave_35 10-08-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 37624903)
An unproven stay at home d-man is a starting piece to get a franchise defenseman?[/I][/B]

Oleksiak wasn't drafted as a stay at home D-man he was drafted as a two-way potential franchise defenseman. To call him a stay at home guy is disingenuous because he kind of came out of nowhere over the last year and a half. He's a man-child who may or may not turn out.

As to the trade proposal, I have a hard time seeing Tampa making trades for futures when one of their best players is in his mid-30's. From a Stars POV I would rather hold onto our prospects and see if Oleksiak can be part of the future core when Eriksson will be the grizzled veteran of the bunch.

Bolt32 10-08-2011 08:15 PM

While I love the idea of adding defensemen prospects. Why trade Hedman who is a potential Franchise D-man and already providing solid defense for a team that could still improve there defense? Add in the fact that we are gunning for a Stanley Cup, why trade away the best person in this deal?

stammerhammer91 10-08-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 37635547)
Oh, I meant to put Hedman there, actually. I swear.

I don't think anyone has Oleksiak to become a guy like that. I sure don't.


Alright that makes a lot more sense haha, but yea i don't like the deal from a tampa perspective because I love hedman and ashton i think is going to be real good too

thadd 10-09-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave_35 (Post 37639785)
Oleksiak wasn't drafted as a stay at home D-man he was drafted as a two-way potential franchise defenseman. To call him a stay at home guy is disingenuous because he kind of came out of nowhere over the last year and a half. He's a man-child who may or may not turn out.

Show me where someone said that. Nobody said that. Nobody has suggested he'll turn into a top pairing d-man. People just compared him to Myers because of his size.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.