HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Offers For Morrison and Cooke (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=100078)

xtra 08-26-2004 05:00 PM

Offers For Morrison and Cooke

Now i know the Canucks are not going to trade them but i was wondering what people think these two could fetch on the open Market together.

If the Nucks were to deal them i think they would be looking for an upgrade in skill and Grit at the center position.

so fire away

deathbear 08-26-2004 05:11 PM

i'd be willing to sacrifice morrison for lecavalier and richards. no, really! i mean it!

Peter Griffin 08-26-2004 07:03 PM

What's with all these hypothetical trade questions lately? I know it's been a very slow off-season, but come on guys, there's more to do then hang out in trade and rumours board!

Darth Milbury 08-26-2004 07:30 PM

So, what are you doing on the board Peter? :)

El Wama 08-26-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtra
Now i know the Canucks are not going to trade them but i was wondering what people think these two could fetch on the open Market together.

If the Nucks were to deal them i think they would be looking for an upgrade in skill and Grit at the center position.

so fire away

To Van: Rivet, Ward, 4th rnd

To Mtl: Malik and Cooke

Jeffrey 08-26-2004 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKiZO[X]
To Van: Rivet, Ward, 4th rnd

To Mtl: Malik and Cooke

change the 4th pick by a 2nd or a 1st pick and vancouver will start to listen ! :p:

canuck293 08-26-2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

i'd be willing to sacrifice morrison for lecavalier and richards. no, really! i mean it!
Psh, throw in TB's first rounder in 05 or no dice!

barrytrotzsneck 08-27-2004 02:11 AM

face the facts, guys.

cooke and morrison aren't likely to be traded.

why?

not because they're particularly valuable...but...

they're worth more to Vancouver than they could possibly hope to get in return.

Peter Griffin 08-27-2004 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
So, what are you doing on the board Peter? :)

I was on the main board and saw this thread, so naturally being a Canuck's fan, I had to check it out! :) I'm here again because I knew someone would've replied to my comment... :p:

The Pucks 08-27-2004 10:38 AM

Cooke's value lies more in the fact that Vancouver does not want to trade him, so any team wanting him would have to over pay. If he was put on the market, that dissapears, so his trade value would go down.

Maybe a couple of teams would start a bidding war, but that is pure speculation.

As for Morrison, the Langkow trade is an indicator of value for a smallish, borderline 1st line center or a good solid 2nd line center.