HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   News Article: NHL announces opening day rosters.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1001429)

AnaheimDuck9 10-09-2011 12:59 PM

NHL announces opening day rosters..

What will the Duck's lines look like?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=nhln-button

Kalvinators 10-09-2011 04:02 PM

For now it`s

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Blake - Koivu - Selanne
Gordon - Cogliano - Smith-Pelly
McMillan - Macenauer - Parros

Sbisa - Visnovsky
Beauchemin - Fowler
Brookbank - Guenin

Hiller
Ellis

With bottom 6 scoring our only two goals, RGP being in their sloppy mode and Selanne recovering from his flu. Blake is arguably the most active and noticable from our top 6.

After recoveries it could be:

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Blake - Koivu - Selanne
McMillan - Cogliano - Gordon
Beleskey - Macenauer - Parros

Smith-Pelly (juniors)

Lydman - Visnovsky
Beauchemin - Fowler
Sbisa - Guenin

Foster
Brookbank

Hiller
Ellis

Jerky Leclerc 10-09-2011 04:32 PM

The Ducks are always slow starters. I think it takes time for the skilled forwards to find their timing and rhythm. I wouldn't worry too much about our top 6 forwards. The Ducks do need Lydman back. He pushes Sbisa to the third pairing and makes Visnovksy that much better.

Sojourn 10-09-2011 04:51 PM

A minor correction on Kalv's lines... As of right now the 1st D pairing is Beauchemin-Fowler. That might, and probably will, change when Lydman returns. But right now that line is getting the most responsibility.

Kalvinators 10-09-2011 04:54 PM

Would be interesting to see Sbisa and Guenin in a pairing.

Although, Brookbank is 3d in our team in PK minutes (2nd defenseman). But in the same time - our less-played d-man so far.

PS
our most played players in order:

Fowler
Beauchemin
Visnovsky
Getzlaf
Perry
Sbisa
last three:
McMillan
DSP
Parros

Surprised of McMillans low playing time, he could get more, witch i actually can see if DSP goes to juniors, which could be most likely, since he`s playing below 9 minute mark now.
It`s sure first two games, but that shows a lot already. I say DSP got to go after 9 games or even earlyer.

Other fun fact (again only stats, though)
+/- per pairing

Sbisa (-2) - Visnovsky (-3)
Fowler (+0) - Beauchemin (+0)
Brookbank (+2 - leader on team) - Guenin (+1)

imo that clearly shows lack of Lydman and his last seasons first half form.

Happy to see 3d pairing having good rating, which shows we have some kind of depth.

Kalvinators 10-09-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 37692085)
A minor correction on Kalv's lines... As of right now the 1st D pairing is Beauchemin-Fowler. That might, and probably will, change when Lydman returns. But right now that line is getting the most responsibility.

Wow, yes, you`re complitely right about that. It`s still automatic for Vis from last season i guess. :laugh:
Thanks for noticing.

Sojourn 10-09-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 37692387)
Wow, yes, you`re complitely right about that. It`s still automatic for Vis from last season i guess. :laugh:
Thanks for noticing.

Purely selfish. I'm excited to see Fowler playing the way he is, and Franky seems to be complementing him well. If that line can continue to play like a 1st pairing D line the Ducks are just going to be that much better. We know the Lydman-Visnovsky pairing is good. They were one of the better ones in the NHL last season. Top 5 in my opinion. I'm salivating at the thought of Anaheim having two potential 1st pairings. That's a terrific asset.

Seanconn* 10-09-2011 06:03 PM

I really don't see DSP going back to juniors, the kid looks great out there, and is a great skater.

I still think him and Gordon have a chance to make the team for the rest of the year. Although, if they both make it, I think Gordon goes down to fourth line LW... and McMillan goes back up to the third line.

and personally, I think McMillan-Cogliano-DSP sounds like an awesome third line, with a HUGE upside if they develop some chemistry.

Beleskey hasn't earned a spot based on his play in former seasons at all, he's a borderline NHL'er anyways.

Gordon/Macenauer/Parros sounds like a good fourth line to me... and with Gordon on the line, they will probably score a few!

unless someone really thinks Beleskey is a better player than Gordon?

Unholy 10-09-2011 10:48 PM

I'm not sure if we will see both Gordon and DSP with the team but who knows. Carlyle likes both of them and is giving them both a chance by putting McMillan on the fourth line for now.

Heal up Key!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2rTR2Dls5Y...ni%2Brocks.jpg

Seanconn* 10-10-2011 01:46 AM

haha, OH MAN, do we ever need Lydman right now. :laugh:

really interested to see what the D looks like with Lydman back in the lineup, and Foster on the third pairing.

on paper, that's just soooo far from where we were at the start of last year. Hopefully it results in a lot less goals against, this season. :laugh: