HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Who has seen or wants to go see the Marlies ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1001507)

Backwards67 10-09-2011 03:48 PM

Who has seen or wants to go see the Marlies ?

Is it just me or as well everyone else that I feel the Marlies look like a stronger team this season.

I've been itching to go see the Marlies ever since they've been here since coming from St.John's but I've never had the extra thought to pay 25+ for decent seats at the A level.

I did go see PK Subban in the Hammer though, I've seen his games a few times, so I had to go watch him that season before he joined the Canadiens. Smooth skating.

I do feel Kadri will go down for just a few games as well, when he gets back from injury.

So there's some really strong talent, and hard working bottom six guys on this Marlies team.

With a full-line up which might consist off.

Caputi - Colborne - Frattin
Mueller - Boyce - Crabb (more so Leafs 3-4th line last year)
Hamilton - Zigomanis - Brenner (Wow, Zigo on the 3rd line ?)
D-Amigo - Scott - Wilson (Seriously, D'Amigo is a decent prospect and could be playing on a lower line with a solid AHL team)

Lashoff - Aulie (A 2nd-3rd pairing late last season for the Leafs, who played well, as well have decent careers still in their future)
Finger - Holzer (Finger who could also be a depth NHL dman, but his contract is too high for his value)
Mikus - Blacker (Both who could be depth Dmen, playing on a 3rd defensive pairing in the A, weird)

Also not including, Irwin, who is could be a decent bottom six pairing in the NHL right now, Gysbers and of course Kadri who could be playing there at times this season, as well as maybe Gardiner.

Scrivens
Rynnas
Owuya

Now that the cupboard is pretty full, and call-ups are solid players, I do feel like watching them much more.

What does everyone else think ?

Have you gone or now really feel like going to watch a game like myself.

P.S. I go to at least a handful of OHL games a season, there's alot of energy in those kids.

P.P.S. Another thing I want to mention, sorry if I seem like a newb. Why couldn't if possible a company like MLSE. Who have the money to spend.

Sign contracts with top aging players who still want to play an extra 2 seasons be signed for a 2.5 million contact per season. Then send them down to play for the Marlies. Example, a guy like Weight, Modano, Stillman, Drury, Nylander, Madden or even a depth Dman like Rivet or Hannan.

Not trying to take away from the future and youth, but why not add older strong leadership type players who can show the younger guys the ropes as well add to fans wanting to see these guys play. Not to mention, these guys would help greatly to them doing well in the post-season where you would gain vital experience.

I would definitely go if I could see those guys play with guys like Kadri, Colborne, Aulie, and hard working guys like Boyce, Zigomanis.

Delayed Offside 10-09-2011 04:04 PM

I went last year over the holidays. Good time. Pretty easy to get there too. Also got an Alex Foster bobble head.

Baba Ganoush 10-09-2011 04:09 PM

never been to a Marlies game, but i want to go to one for sure. maybe this year at some point.

TrueBlue86 10-09-2011 04:13 PM

i`ve been to one in hamilton

a good time

Liminality 10-09-2011 04:34 PM

I've always wanted to go, Ricoh coliseum looks like a very nice place from the outside imo.

Lilou 10-09-2011 04:37 PM

I go to a few games every season with some guys from work. Can't go wrong with the ticket prices man especially in a group.

zeke 10-09-2011 04:41 PM

Always fun, and boxes are cheap if you have a group.

They could potentially have this lineup , too:

N.Kadri - J.Colborne - M.Frattin
G.Scott - D.Boyce - J.Crabb
L.Caputi - P.Dupuis - R.Hamilton
M.Mueller - M.Zigomanis - J.D'Amigo

J.Gardiner - J.Mikus
K.Aulie - J.Blacker
K.Holzer - S.Gysbers

B.Scrivens
J.Rynnas

Jeffler 10-09-2011 04:52 PM

I'm at every game. I'm actually giving away a bunch home opener tickets on twitter and facebook for those who are interested (there's a thread on the first page here with the deets).

It's great hockey to watch, we're going to have a solid team, and its stupid cheap. I wish more people went.

Dangles McGavin 10-09-2011 04:55 PM

Went to one game last year; it was awesome. Definitely recommend going. The game I went to, Kadri got 3 assists, Aulie got in a fight, and Reimer got a shutout... and I got a high-five from Reimer :P

Definitely recommend it.

Mansfield 10-09-2011 05:10 PM

I went to two last year, will probably try to go to another one this year sometime.

tbh the tickets are so cheap, and the hockey is still pretty solid, it's definitely worth it.

ForSpareParts* 10-09-2011 05:20 PM

A: Nazem Kadri

Gardiner Express 10-09-2011 05:34 PM

Went to Joe Colborne's first game after being traded against the Griffin's, it was pretty awesome.

King Joffrey 10-09-2011 05:45 PM

I don't like being reminded of the day we lost the St. John's Leafs. I could be watching the Marlies every weekend. :shakehead

Leafan519 10-09-2011 05:54 PM

I've never been to one but I watched a few last year sunday afternoons on CBC and it was good hockey. Does anyone know if CBC will be airing some AHL games this year again? It was sweet cuz it completed my weekend of hockey with Sting games on Fri, Leafs on Sat and Marlies on Sunday, what more can a hockey fan want?

Twix 10-09-2011 07:29 PM

Went to a game last year, took the wife. Had a great time, highly recommend it.

vezna* 10-09-2011 07:51 PM

how cheap are the tickets?

i might consider when gardiner comes down

malliabu 10-09-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vezna (Post 37702019)

I think it's $40 for first row seats and as little as $12 for the cheaper seats.

S2S 10-09-2011 08:47 PM

I get in for free so I try to go when I can. I really like the mix of an old building which is evident in the concourse and the moderness of the actual rink. Its fun too.

Jeffler 10-09-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vezna (Post 37702019)

$14 fan zone (home shoots twice behind net, back rows)
$23 end zones
$35 sides
$43 platinums

Prices go down to 10/19/31/39 if you buy them prior to game day.

Backwards67 10-10-2011 01:44 AM

Wow, that's great stuff.

Seems like everyone is having a good time there.

Any cool things to look out for like special concessions stuff ?

(Every time I go to a Leaf game, I grab a different Burkie dog, they are great)

Leaf Rocket 10-10-2011 01:49 AM

i usually go to my gf's in burlington if i go next sem and they are in toronto or hamilton i just might go.

Aplayaz2000 10-10-2011 04:01 AM

would to see Kadri

but wouldn't really spend more than $15 to go

Duke Silver 10-10-2011 04:15 AM

They visit St. John's 4 times this year and I have tickets to 3 of the games. I'll be switching my allegiances to the Marlies for those games, of course!

allyb 10-10-2011 05:00 AM

Saw them a couple times a few years ago and I am going later this month , looking forward to it as the line up vastly improved

S2S 10-10-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke Silver (Post 37714083)
They visit St. John's 4 times this year and I have tickets to 3 of the games. I'll be switching my allegiances to the Marlies for those games, of course!

Haha. When the baby Leafs came to play the Roadrunners, it was weird to see that Toronto was on the penalty kill but the Maple Leafs were on the powerplay.