HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Top 5 untradable predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1001877)

maplepred 10-10-2011 02:33 AM

Top 5 untradable predators
 
So if we were to make a move to bring in a top line forward, who would we move to do this?
I'm saying that the big three is not involved in any such deal,

So if we were to trade for an offensive powerhouse, who would be the top five ubtradable predators outside of the big three? (prospect included obviously)


My pick (in order) is,

1. Ryan Ellis
2. Jon Blum
3. Craig Smith
4. David legwand
5. Martin erat

triggrman 10-10-2011 07:46 AM

Ellis is one of the most tradeable, imho.

PredsV82 10-10-2011 07:51 AM

Legwand and erat have ntcs so that point is kinda moot. And if we are gonna get a current nhl roster player who is a legit big time scorer we can't really have ellis on that list because he would be the kind of prospect that a team might actually consider in a deal for a high value asset.

My list is:
Smith
Wilson

And that's pretty much it, if we want a top line forward, its gonna cost us, and more than just our throwaway pieces

alexmanu 10-10-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 37714705)
Legwand and erat habe ntcs so that ppoint is kinda moot. And if we are gonna get a current nhl roster player who is a legit big time scorer we can't really have ellis on that list because he would be the kind of prospect that a team might actually consider in a deal for a high value asset.

My list is:
Smith
Wilson

And that's pretty much it, if we want a top line forward, its gonna cost us, and more than just our throwaway pieces

I think Poile and co. are still concentrating on trying to get a forward in. I honestly wouldn't mind trading Ellis + a high draft pick for one. We have more than enough defenseman coming up the ranks to cover the Ellis loss.

thomas magnum 10-10-2011 10:57 AM

I think Ellis is only expendable once we find out if either Suter or Weber plans on re-signing.

goalscorer 10-10-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas magnum (Post 37717713)
I think Ellis is only expendable once we find out if either Suter or Weber plans on re-signing.

This. Ellis is our biggest trading chip right now, however if the idea is to use him to aquire a forward and then we lose one or both of our top pair were gonna be scrambling to fill those spots with the same level of talent. If Ellis can't fill that role then he is equally valuable as trade bait for a top 2 defensman. Trading him without locking Weber and Suter up is a mistake in my opinion.

AtlantaWhaler 10-10-2011 11:58 AM

With the hype and Poile-Love, I would say Smith, currently, is #1.

goalscorer 10-10-2011 11:58 AM

I think at this point only Blum and Smith are truly untouchable. Blum has solidified himself as a legit top 4 and Smith as of right now is the only Pred who has skipped the road through ML. With his play in the first two games, I'd have to think Poile and Trotz will keep him up and hope he turns into our "elite" forward.

Allen Degenerate 10-10-2011 12:07 PM

Don't know if he counts, but I'd say Radulov is pretty much untreadable, since no one would really offer what he's worth.

Top 6 Spaling 10-10-2011 12:16 PM

I would trade anyone not named Weber Suter or Rinne to get a top level forward.

jlsg 10-10-2011 12:26 PM

Time has proven over and over that there is no such thing as an untouchable player when it comes to trades.

TMI 10-10-2011 12:29 PM

I'm not sure you can have untouchables (I guess that is what you meant when you said "untradable") outside of Weber, Suter, Rinne, and guys with NMCs. Even then, if any of the big three make it known that they want out they have to be traded.

I really don't think Poile is going to be so willing to pull the trigger on another forward right now. The team isn't completely healthy up front. We have only played two games, each on the road with lines designed more to limit the advantage the home team got from last change (which seems to have worked) rather than designed for optimum offensive output or chemistry. The WLS line is producing for now. The power play is producing for now. I'm thinking Poile watches the team until November at the earliest, Xmas at the latest, and goes from there, but a PP QB is likely first on the wish list ahead of a top line forward.

maplepred 10-10-2011 01:37 PM

I think if we traded Ellis it could go down in the books as one of our worst trades ever. Ellis is going to be something special and I don't think there is any way he won't be a too defenseman/PP qb

I would trade Wilson, Blum or josi all before I would trade Ellis

TMI 10-10-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplepred (Post 37724033)
I think if we traded Ellis it could go down in the books as one of our worst trades ever. Ellis is going to be something special and I don't think there is any way he won't be a too defenseman/PP qb

I would trade Wilson, Blum or josi all before I would trade Ellis

I have to disagree. I understand your point, and I think Ellis has a legitimate shot at being a special player. The thing is, if a deal has to be made soon you cannot give up those two roster players before giving up a defenseman who isn't even on the team yet. It would be better to just hold off

CalleJAMkrok 10-10-2011 02:04 PM

Weber- if able to resign
suter-if able to resign
blum
Wilson
Smith

no order

Edit: after reading the OP more in depth, change Weber Suter to Legwand and Erat.

I Will Son 10-10-2011 02:16 PM

Weber
Suter
Rinne
Wilson
Smith

Drake744 10-10-2011 02:27 PM

The original post said outside of the big three, so I'm going to throw in my pocket change here.

-I think Blum is without a doubt one of the top young prospects in our organization, and his contributions last season solidified that notion. I'm not chomping at the bit to trade him.

-Ellis is a hit or miss, because although we all expect him to pan out to be a very good player, we don't know yet. We've been successful without him in the fold, so is he truly a necessity by assuming he's going to be fantastic, or is he a prospect we could use in a big deal?

- Smith is obviously looking good so far, but my prediction on the year is 20 or so goals, and I'm hoping for 25. If his first two goals are any indication of how he will produce for us, he may not be a prolific scorer but could fill the "secondary" goal scoring that is so vital to our successful teams.

- Wilson IMO is the most trade-able. I feel that he has a ton of skill that may not be properly utilized in Trotz's system. I just have a feeling that an uptempo team might be willing to overpay in a package including Wilson.

All in all, Ellis and Wilson are my choices to be "most trade-able", although that's kinda the opposite direction that this thread was supposed to go.

maplepred 10-10-2011 10:08 PM

If we did get a star forward, we would definitely need to clear up a roster spot on the forwards.
Maybe Wilson is a better option to deal rather than Ellis. Especially if two of the big three (suts and webs) don't come back to Nashville, we will be really missing Ellis...

Gnashville 10-10-2011 10:40 PM

Blake Geoffrion comes to mind because that would be a blow to the fanbase and hurt the team's image in Town. Anyone else is possible but he's a Nashville Kid and very marketable.

headsigh 10-10-2011 11:40 PM

Blum, current!Craig Smith and Wilson come to mind.

I think it is a possibility that Wilson could get traded, but I'd rather keep him. I think at worst, he'll be a 25g/20a type of player.

I think one of Suter and Weber will inevitably re-sign long term. the other is still a maybe.

Everlong 10-11-2011 01:03 AM

Weber
Legwand
Erat
Blum
Rinne

Wilson, Suter, and Ellis seem like guys who would garnish the most interest. Not saying that they will be dealt by any means but they seem like they would be sought after and would receive decent returns.

Drake744 10-11-2011 01:17 AM

As weird as it is because he isn't a star, but the one person I can not see being on another team in any way is Tootoo. Imagine the backlash from the casual fan if he's dealt, and the backlash from the die hard fan that appreciates his growth into a legitimate player. I think Tootoo will be a Pred forever and will never be traded.

kypredsfan 10-11-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 37759943)
As weird as it is because he isn't a star, but the one person I can not see being on another team in any way is Tootoo. Imagine the backlash from the casual fan if he's dealt, and the backlash from the die hard fan that appreciates his growth into a legitimate player. I think Tootoo will be a Pred forever and will never be traded.

Agreed.

Fortheloveofthegame 10-11-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 37759943)
As weird as it is because he isn't a star, but the one person I can not see being on another team in any way is Tootoo. Imagine the backlash from the casual fan if he's dealt, and the backlash from the die hard fan that appreciates his growth into a legitimate player. I think Tootoo will be a Pred forever and will never be traded.

I think you are absolutely right! He is probably THE ONLY player on this team that Poille would not consider trading! Marketing is so important and he is a HUGE draw!

Joe T Choker 10-11-2011 09:46 AM

I think tootoo is tradable, particularly if geoffrion continues to improve


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.