HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How green will be our D in Calgary - Or the Matroshka Doll analogy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1003091)

VL55 10-11-2011 04:51 PM

How green will be our D in Calgary - Or the Matroshka Doll analogy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Matroshka.jpg

Check it out.

Our least experienced D in the NHL is Emelin who has played only 1 game.

Diaz has more experience; he has played twice as many game!

But that's nothing compare to Weber who has played 17 time more games than Emelin and Diaz put together (51 game vs 3).

Not that impressive though, when you realize that Subban has played 50% more games then Weber, Diaz and Emelin put together (81 game vs 54).

Then that must make Gorges an elder stateman since he has played 2.7 times more game than Subban, Weber, Diaz and Emelin put together (366 vs 135).

But wait! Gill has played almost twice as many game as all of the others put together! (966 vs 501).

I kinda wish we had Chelios on the team just to add one more shell to the Matroshka. :laugh:

Bottom line, our D will be very green in Calgary.

Am I worried? Nah. I am a fan; I don't have to be rational, I just have to rationalize. Price will bail these rookies out and Subban is a stud.

Let's see if Barney Stinson is right; 'New is always better!' :yo:

Boris Le Tigre 10-11-2011 04:58 PM

This thread has two titles ...like 12th Night.

Bill McNeal 10-11-2011 04:58 PM

I was thinking about how Gill had played more games than the rest of the d-corps combined, but you took it to another level.

JGRB 10-11-2011 05:02 PM

LOL.

This is hilarious.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 10-11-2011 05:04 PM

You're funny. Post more often :laugh:

Ollie Williams 10-11-2011 05:07 PM

This thread is awesome. I wish we were actually IN Calgary next game... It would make this thread that much more epic.

Stjonnypopo 10-11-2011 05:12 PM

Awesome.

I like your jive, kid.

ThaDevilGirl 10-11-2011 05:19 PM

You have a creative mind.

Player 61 10-11-2011 05:24 PM

This is freaking awesome...

The Kremelin Wall* 10-11-2011 05:31 PM

Our d won't be green. They will be bleu, blanc et rouge.

Young Gun 10-11-2011 05:52 PM

Give our young d a chance, if it don't work out in a couple of games, we'll just s""t all over the GM...3-2 habs if the price is right, if not we looooose

habspinner 10-11-2011 06:00 PM

Who cares - isnt this HFBoards where newer *is* always better :))

Btw - I didnt mean who cares about this post, cuz obviously it's hilarious!

PhysicX 10-11-2011 06:06 PM

This post is awesome! Matryoshka doll analogy for the win! I ain't worried one single bit...

Okay, maybe a bit.

VL55 10-11-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Gun (Post 37782999)
Give our young d a chance, if it don't work out in a couple of games, we'll just s""t all over the GM...3-2 habs if the price is right, if not we looooose

That's the HF Board spirit! Well... except for the 'couple of games' part. And the implication that 'Sh*ting all over the GM' is conditional to the outcome of the first proposition. It's not. It'll happen either way.

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsinner
Who cares - isnt this HFBoards where newer *is* always better )

Which is why I dumped Subban from my pool in favor or Emelin! Sitcom wisdom never fails!

--

If I may be serious a moment, I am very pleased with the performances of Emelin and Diaz during the last games in relation to that they cost the team to obtain. Like any fans I cringe when I feel management is wasting assets but I gotta tip my hat when they manage to fill the roster with players capable of helping us win at no cost whatsoever to our future.

SouthernHab 10-11-2011 06:38 PM

Awesome.:handclap::laugh::laugh:

Not too worried about the D tomorrow. The youngsters are getting better with each period. Especially Emelin. You could tell his improvement in positioning between the 1st and 3rd Periods.

Protest the Hero 10-11-2011 07:38 PM

I was trying to figure out what this thread meant before entering, I was way off.

At first glance I thought it might be about us acquiring Mike Green somehow :shakehead:

Mathradio 10-11-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VL55 (Post 37781221)
Check it out.

Our least experienced D in the NHL is Emelin who has played only 1 game.

Diaz has more experience; he has played twice as many game!

But that's nothing compare to Weber who has played 17 time more games than Emelin and Diaz put together (51 game vs 3).

Not that impressive though, when you realize that Subban has played 50% more games then Weber, Diaz and Emelin put together (81 game vs 54).

Then that must make Gorges an elder stateman since he has played 2.7 times more game than Subban, Weber, Diaz and Emelin put together (366 vs 135).

But wait! Gill has played almost twice as many game as all of the others put together! (966 vs 501).

I kinda wish we had Chelios on the team just to add one more shell to the Matroshka. :laugh:

Bottom line, our D will be very green in Calgary.

Am I worried? Nah. I am a fan; I don't have to be rational, I just have to rationalize. Price will bail these rookies out and Subban is a stud.

Let's see if Barney Stinson is right; 'New is always better!' :yo:

At least he did well on the PK vs. Winnipeg. I'll hope that Subban will score a PP point in the next five games or so.

Le Tricolore 10-11-2011 09:24 PM

Awesome post, good sir.

Serious HABit 10-11-2011 11:13 PM

cool mind, bro.

chris96 10-11-2011 11:43 PM

Great thread!!! Almost as good as the we should have kept Pouliot over AK thread! :sarcasm: