HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   2011-2012 Blues Prospects Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1004487)

2 Minute Minor 10-13-2011 02:11 PM

2011-2012 Blues Prospects Thread

Its about time we start a new thread for the new season. If someone produces a capsule for the players (like last year's thread) I'll add it to the top here.

schronote 10-13-2011 10:34 PM

Cody Beach will be playing tomorrow in his first regular season game of the year after serving a 7 game suspension. On another note, Joel Edmundson is back practicing with the team and should be back in shape and game speed in a week or 2 after being out since training camp with a high ankle sprain.

SirPaste 10-13-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schronote (Post 37895043)
Cody Beach will be playing tomorrow in his first regular season game of the year after serving a 7 game suspension. On another note, Joel Edmundson is back practicing with the team and should be back in shape and game speed in a week or 2 after being out since training camp with a high ankle sprain.

Thanks for the update, Why was Beach suspended though? Questionable hit im guessing.

STL fan in IA 10-14-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPaste (Post 37898267)
Thanks for the update, Why was Beach suspended though? Questionable hit im guessing.

He launched himself at the head of an opponent. Got suspended 7 games.

stlweir 10-15-2011 01:13 PM

Rattie with 1g + 2 assists last night now has 7 goals & 7 assists after 8 games.

Tesink has 4 goals & 6 assists after 7 games.

STL fan in IA 10-15-2011 02:38 PM

That's not surprising about Rattie but that's very good to see from Tesink. He's a talented kid but where he really shines is his effort and tenacity. He's a fan favorite for a reason. I'm still surprised he lasted all the way to the 6th round.

I hear Edmundson is back skating with his team after his high ankle sprain so that's good too.

schronote 10-15-2011 03:04 PM

Another 2nd round miss? Dmitrij Jaskin has only 1 assist in the first 10 games played. I really hope we start drafting more players from major junior as they seem to be much better picks in the 2nd round AS OF LAST FEW drafts. Example: Major Junior=Rattie, Mcrae, Allen. Euro=Hjalmarsson, Wannstrom, Jaskin. I know these players are still way early in their careers to consider them to have not lived up to their potential but Mcrae and Allen are doing good work on the farm and are possible callups. I cannot say the same of many of our past euro picks. I like these guys a lot when we pick them but most never come over here.

Blues0307 10-15-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schronote (Post 37949729)
Another 2nd round miss? Dmitrij Jaskin has only 1 assist in the first 10 games played. I really hope we start drafting more players from major junior as they seem to be much better picks in the 2nd round AS OF LAST FEW drafts. Example: Major Junior=Rattie, Mcrae, Allen. Euro=Hjalmarsson, Wannstrom, Jaskin. I know these players are still way early in their careers to consider them to have not lived up to their potential but Mcrae and Allen are doing good work on the farm and are possible callups. I cannot say the same of many of our past euro picks. I like these guys a lot when we pick them but most never come over here.

I tend to agree with this. I don't have a problem drafting players from another land in the 1st round, but after that the risk increases dramatically on whether they're willing to come over. Way too many opportunities to get paid elsewhere.

rumrokh 10-15-2011 04:52 PM

I will not even begin to speculate about a prospect based on ten games. Jaskin has undeniable ability. He's notoriously streaky and plays in a men's league. He's one of just a few players of his age who played as many games and performed as well as he did last year - ten points in over 30 games. The only guy who compares to his age on his team is Hertl, who has exploded this year and projects to go high in 2012.

Jaskin could be a bust, but he's an admitted project who has struggled with injury, is just 18 damn years old, and plays against teams full of fully mature men. I refuse to pass judgement there.

bishop12 10-15-2011 11:58 PM

Schwartz potted the GWG last night and got a goal and two assists tonight, in his first two regular season games.

tfriede2 10-16-2011 12:01 AM

Rattie with a goal and an assist tonight. 8 goals, 8 assists in 9 games thus far.

Our top offensive prospects (Tarasenko, Schwartz, Rattie) are all off to tremendous starts.

Robb_K 10-16-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfriede2 (Post 37996981)
Rattie with a goal and an assist tonight. 8 goals, 8 assists in 9 games thus far.

Our top offensive prospects (Tarasenko, Schwartz, Rattie) are all off to tremendous starts.

You might want to add Lehterä to that list.

Jzk 10-16-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb_K (Post 37997557)

And Tesink. I'm glad to see Schwartz is off to another fast start.

tfriede2 10-16-2011 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb_K (Post 37997557)

Yeah, I thought of Lehtera right after I submitted that post.

STL fan in IA 10-16-2011 01:17 PM

It's way too early to judge Jaskin. It's really hard to judge teenagers playing in pro mens leagues. I'll be interested to see how he does in the WJC this year. He'll also be eligible for the WJC next season too. That should put into perspective just how young the kid still is.

Regarding the draft though, I do tend to favor N.A. kids in the 2nd-4th rounds but if you want to take a chance at a home-run later on in the draft, it's almost always going to be a kid from Europe.

Frenzy1 10-23-2011 11:08 AM

Well Tardy Had a couople of assist this weekend for Minn. Veilleux had a goal and Rattie added a goal and an assist. McRae had a hat trick and I don't think CC played this weekend.

ToBBa 10-23-2011 12:10 PM

Jani Hakanpää made his first point (=assist) for Blues from Espoo in FEL today. He has played a pretty solid 0-0 -game there. Only 2 goals against in 10 games; +/- 0 atm. Considering that Blues is quite a bad team, 0 is a good indication. One of the bests in the team.

What do you guys think about him? I'm interested in Hakanpää's playing because with his size he differs from other defender prospects who come from Finland.

Sorry for my English.. :shakehead

Celtic Note 10-23-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToBBa (Post 38361141)
Jani Hakanpää made his first point (=assist) for Blues from Espoo in FEL today. He has played a pretty solid 0-0 -game there. Only 2 goals against in 10 games; +/- 0 atm. Considering that Blues is quite a bad team, 0 is a good indication. One of the bests in the team.

What do you guys think about him? I'm interested in Hakanpää's playing because with his size he differs from other defender prospects who come from Finland.

Sorry for my English.. :shakehead

I am really intrigued by everything I have heard in scouting reports. However, aside from two games, I have not been able to watch him much. I think that goes for most of us around here. Any updates are certainly welcomed, being as we don't hear much about him.

ToBBa 10-24-2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zundo (Post 38375737)
I am really intrigued by everything I have heard in scouting reports. However, aside from two games, I have not been able to watch him much. I think that goes for most of us around here. Any updates are certainly welcomed, being as we don't hear much about him.

I can say he's sure name in Finlands U20-team. So at least you can see him playing there.:nod:

Eighteen 10-25-2011 03:59 PM

Niklas Lundström currently has the second best save % in J20 SuperElit (north division), with 92,31 after 9 games.

He was recently loaned out to Orskarshamn (allsvenskan, tier 2) to get some senior action. Pretty much been their best player so far in two straight games leading Orskarshamn to two victories, 4-1 and 3-2. 94,74 % so far.

Meatwagon 10-25-2011 04:50 PM

Ty Rattie 12Games: 10G, 9A 19 pts. On pace for 59 goals and 112pts!

Unlikely to happen, but it would be great to see if he can break 40 and 100!

execwrite 10-27-2011 05:00 PM

Ty Rattie will play in the Subway Super Series for the WHL.

I think Tarasenko is on the Russian team.

kimzey59 10-28-2011 02:56 AM

Centers
Jaden Schwartz 8.0B Colorado College NCAA
Phil McRae 7.5C Peoria AHL
Jori Lehtera 7.0C Sibir KHL
Anthony Nigro 6.5C Peoria AHL
Brett Sonne 7.0D Peoria AHL
Max Gardiner 7.0D Dubuque USHL
Max Tardy 6.5D U of Minnesota-Duluth NCAA
Travis Erstad 5.5C MIA
Trevor Nill 5.5C Michigan State NCAA

LW
Evgeny Grachev 7.0C NHL
Ryan Tesink St Johns QMJHL
Yannick Veilleux Shawinigan QMJHL
Stephan Della Rovere 6.0B Peoria AHL
Jay Barriball 7.0D Peoria AHL
Stephan MacAulay 6.0C St John QMJHL

RW
Vladimir Tarasenko 8.5C Sibir KHL
Ty Rattie 7.0C Portland WHL
Dmitri Jaskins 6.5C Slavia Praha Czech
Cody Beach 6.5C Moose Jaw WHL
Sergei Andronov 7.0D Moscow KHL
Tyler Shattock 7.0D Peoria AHL
Sebastian Wannstrom 6.0C Brynas SEL

Defense
Ian Cole 7.0C Peoria AHL
Brett Ponich 7.0C Peoria AHL
Cade Fairchild 7.0D Peoria AHL
Jonas Junland 7.0C Astana Barys KHL
Jani Haakanpaa 7.0D Blues SM-Liga
Joel Edmundson 6.0C Moose Jaw WHL
Dave Shields 6.0C Peoria AHL
Mark Cundari 6.0C Peoria AHL
Brock Beukeboom 6.5D Niagra OHL
Anthony Peluso 5.0C Peoria AHL
Teemu Eronen Jokerit

Goal
Jake Allen 7.5C Peoria AHL
Jordan Binnington 7.0D Owen Sound OHL
Paul Karpowich 6.0C Clarkson NCAA

Peoria Rivermen Stats
St Louis Blues Stats

Robb_K 10-28-2011 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimzey59 (Post 38609563)
Centers
Jaden Schwartz 8.0B Colorado College NCAA
Phil McRae 7.5C Peoria AHL
Jori Lehtera 7.0C Sibir KHL
Anthony Nigro 6.5C Peoria AHL
Brett Sonne 7.0D Peoria AHL
Max Gardiner 7.0D Dubuque USHL
Max Tardy 6.5D U of Minnesota-Duluth NCAA
Travis Erstad 5.5C MIA
Trevor Nill 5.5C Michigan State NCAA

LW
Evgeny Grachev 7.0C NHL
Ryan Tesink St Johns QMJHL
Yannick Veilleux Shawinigan QMJHL
Stephan Della Rovere 6.0B Peoria AHL
Jay Barriball 7.0D Peoria AHL
Stephan MacAulay 6.0C St John QMJHL

RW
Vladimir Tarasenko 8.5C Sibir KHL
Ty Rattie 7.0C Portland WHL
Dmitri Jaskins 6.5C Slavia Praha Czech
Cody Beach 6.5C Moose Jaw WHL
Sergei Andronov 7.0D Moscow KHL
Tyler Shattock 7.0D Peoria AHL
Sebastian Wannstrom 6.0C Brynas SEL

Defense
Ian Cole 7.0C Peoria AHL
Brett Ponich 7.0C Peoria AHL
Cade Fairchild 7.0D Peoria AHL
Jonas Junland 7.0C Astana Barys KHL
Jani Haakanpaa 7.0D Blues SM-Liga
Kristofer Berglund 6.0C Farjestads SEL
Joel Edmundson 6.0C Moose Jaw WHL
Dave Shields 6.0C Peoria AHL
Mark Cundari 6.0C Peoria AHL
Brock Beukeboom 6.5D Niagra OHL
Anthony Peluso 5.0C Peoria AHL
Teemu Eronen Jokerit

Goal
Jake Allen 7.5C Peoria AHL
Jordan Binnington 7.0D Owen Sound OHL
Paul Karpowich 6.0C Clarkson NCAA

Peoria Rivermen Stats
St Louis Blues Stats

If this list is current, it is inaccurate, in that The Blues' rights to K. Berglund were lost when they chose not to sign him by June, 2011 (or was it June 2010?). In any case, he is no longer a Blues' prospect.

kimzey59 10-28-2011 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb_K (Post 38609999)
If this list is current, it is inaccurate, in that The Blues' rights to K. Berglund were lost when they chose not to sign him by June, 2011 (or was it June 2010?). In any case, he is no longer a Blues' prospect.

Mea Culpa.
I was going straight off the HF prospect list.