HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   OT: Canes Board Lounge Thread Part IV: Slap, Puck, Goal, Out of Control (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1004631)

Gotta Catch Em Staal 10-13-2011 07:05 PM

Canes Board Lounge Thread Part IV: Slap, Puck, Goal, Out of Control

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/f/3...772b36a7aa.jpg

Chicago Made Punk 10-13-2011 07:16 PM

These threads could use titles.

Anton H Christ 10-14-2011 12:51 AM

I didn't figure papa johns would do that 50% off thing in Columbia but it apparently is a big thing for them. Either there's more Caniacs here than I thought, or people figured this out elsewhere. I like to think a combo.

Also Aaron Asham killed that guy.

What the Faulk 10-14-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton the Great (Post 37874667)
These threads could use titles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton H Christ (Post 37899467)
I didn't figure papa johns would do that 50% off thing in Columbia but it apparently is a big thing for them. Either there's more Caniacs here than I thought, or people figured this out elsewhere. I like to think a combo.

OT: Canes Board Lounge Thread IV: Pizza the Hut version (at least that's what I've nicknamed my roommate)

DaveG 10-14-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Probably a bit of both. Or at least getting bombed and watching hockey was a favorite pasttime at West Virginia when I was there. Can't imagine it's much different at SC, and they're in our local market.

What the Faulk 10-14-2011 09:08 AM

Tonight marks the official start of College Basketball season: Late Night with Roy. Most media outlets are predicting a UNC > UK final which might feature up to 8 first round picks. I wouldn't be upset about that. Revenge would be fantastic for one of the best lineups UNC has ever put on the floor.

Think about that.

It'd almost be an upset if Carolina didn't win the title this year.

Anton Dubinchuk 10-14-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Anton (Post 37904219)
Tonight marks the official start of College Basketball season: Late Night with Roy. Most media outlets are predicting a UNC > UK final which might feature up to 8 first round picks. I wouldn't be upset about that. Revenge would be fantastic for one of the best lineups UNC has ever put on the floor.

Think about that.

It'd almost be an upset if Carolina didn't win the title this year.

Agreed. Obviously gonna sound like a homer here, but it's really UNC vs. the field at this point. Obviously it's preseason, but I don't think there's ever been a lineup with more firepower. Barnes came on late last year, and obviously Zeller, Henson, and Marshall are no scrubs... Add McAdoo and Strickland, we're gonna be raw... I'm kinda pumped.

Blueline Bomber 10-14-2011 12:22 PM

I hate the new title. Especially since it's Slap, not Shot.

Brock Anton 10-14-2011 12:24 PM

Pretty excited for Florida Basketball this season, we lost our heart and soul (Parsons, Macklin and Tyus), but we added top 5 recruit Brad Beal and still have Boynton, Walker, Young and Murphy. We're very guard heavy which could pose a problem, but UConn didn't really have a big man last season.

DaveG 10-14-2011 12:28 PM

Rebuilding year for WVU... which means we'll still make the tourney thanks to Bob Huggins, but we would be extremely fortunate to get past the Sweet 16. Even getting that far depends on the draw.

Now next year.... :naughty:

Anton H Christ 10-14-2011 01:21 PM

North Carolinians and their basketball. Maybe it's because they aren't so good at a certain superior sport at the collegiate level.

Anton Dubinchuk 10-14-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton H Christ (Post 37912555)
North Carolinians and their basketball. Maybe it's because they aren't so good at a certain superior sport at the collegiate level.

Curling? Nah, we suck at curling, but that's not why...

DaveG 10-14-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

While this is true, there's just not that many of us who went to North Dakota, Colorado College, Minnesota, BU, or BC here.

Anton H Christ 10-14-2011 01:45 PM

Y'all are too witty.

Sens1Canes2 10-14-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Omg that guy got plastered.

Carolinas Identity 10-16-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 37913097)
Curling? Nah, we suck at curling, but that's not why...

Growing up my parents always told me not to throw rocks at houses, then I found out it was a sport...

Anton H Christ 10-16-2011 01:57 PM

Still working on my free pizzas, thanks slugs.

Quacktastic 10-16-2011 04:57 PM

Can someone explain the papa johns deal for me?

Caniac4ever 10-16-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacktastic (Post 38020245)
Can someone explain the papa johns deal for me?

Say the Hurricanes win tonight. All day tomorrow on papajohns.com you can get 50% off your entire order. Before you put anything in your cart, you put in "CANIAC" in the promo code box. It will automatically discount everything as you put it in your cart. Only good in NC, SC, and VA I believe.

Also, I don't know squat about racing, but that is one sick wreck that just took a man's life. Pitiful.

What the Faulk 10-16-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniac4ever (Post 38021017)
Say the Hurricanes win tonight. All day tomorrow on papajohns.com you can get 50% off your entire order. Before you put anything in your cart, you put in "CANIAC" in the promo code box. It will automatically discount everything as you put it in your cart. Only good in NC, SC, and VA I believe.

Also, I don't know squat about racing, but that is one sick wreck that just took a man's life. Pitiful.

I want to say it's GA instead of VA.

And yes, I heard about that race and saw a few videos of the crash. I'm usually one to root for big crashes because it's about the only thing that entertains me during any sort of race, but you never expect something like this to happen, even though it very well can (and has in the past, obviously).

Anton Dubinchuk 10-16-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniac4ever (Post 38021017)

After Checkers wins, I'm pretty sure you can also put "CHECKERS" in the promo code box and get the same deal. Not 100% sure on that though; I've tested the CANIAC one and found it to be true, I've only heard about the Checkers one...

Chicago Made Punk 10-17-2011 10:05 AM

Checking in from the fair. Pretty sure I saw Zach Boychuk in the fried candy bar line. Discuss :sarcasm:

Anton Dubinchuk 10-17-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton the Great (Post 38040667)
Checking in from the fair. Pretty sure I saw Zach Boychuk in the fried candy bar line. Discuss :sarcasm:

Kyle Wellwood 2.0

Only difference? Wellwood's had an NHL career. Oh snap!

tarheelhockey 10-17-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Define "good" in the context of beating only unranked opponents :sarcasm:

Carolinas Identity 10-17-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton the Great (Post 38040667)

I was at the Texas//OU game the other week, and there was a stand in the Texas State fair selling deep fried butter. That's gotta be the most intense thing I've ever seen.

Sadly I went against my better judgement and tried some, and the worst part is, is that it's pretty amazing.