HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Rumor: Eklund - teams looking at Brassard? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1005023)

Prestonn99 10-14-2011 10:01 AM

Eklund - teams looking at Brassard?
 
He posted that Columbus is being approached by multiple teams for Brass...

I don't really believe 90% of the junk that comes out of HB, but for fun, who/why are the teams coming for Brass? And at this point what could we expect in return?

Not sure if this is already in another thread/in the wrong place. Mod, feel free to move if needed.

:skeptic:

KeithBWhittington 10-14-2011 10:08 AM

If teams are approaching the CBJ about him, this will likely be the last time. I'd say move him if the return is decent.

I felt he probably should've been moved by now anyways.

It seems like our expectations as fan for Brass went down dramatically and that many were ok with it, it seemed to go from:

"We need to hang on to Brass as he's the only center in the pipeline with the ability to be a number one"

to

"We still need him, he was injured but he showed flashes, he still has the potential"

to

"We suck at center, Brass has the ability of a number 2, we shouldn't just throw that away."

to

"Brass, when healthy and motivated, can be a number 2 center."


If we can get a decent return, its time to move on from Brass.

cbjgirl 10-14-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prestonn99 (Post 37905799)
He posted that Columbus is being approached by multiple teams for Brass...

I don't really believe 90% of the junk that comes out of HB, but for fun, who/why are the teams coming for Brass? And at this point what could we expect in return?

Not sure if this is already in another thread/in the wrong place. Mod, feel free to move if needed.

:skeptic:

I think the why would be because from an outsider perspective you have a young(ish) center with second line potential who played on the CBJ first line on occasion last year and started this season on the 4th line as a winger.

It appears that he is "available".

wahsnairb 10-14-2011 12:05 PM

one of my good friends knows brassard very well ;) and said when they mentioned to him rumors of him being trade bait he had no idea about it so it can't be that serious... yet

FiveHole23 10-14-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37909935)
one of my good friends knows brassard very well ;) and said when they mentioned to him rumors of him being trade bait he had no idea about it so it can't be that serious... yet

My sisters boyfriend friend knows your good friend extremely well and he said that you friend just told you what you wanted to hear.

jacks johnson 10-14-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37909935)
one of my good friends knows brassard very well ;) and said when they mentioned to him rumors of him being trade bait he had no idea about it so it can't be that serious... yet

Jeff Carter says hello:laugh:

1857 Howitzer 10-14-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37909935)
one of my good friends knows brassard very well ;) and said when they mentioned to him rumors of him being trade bait he had no idea about it so it can't be that serious... yet

The player is always last to know.

Note I am not saying he is being traded.

blahblah 10-14-2011 12:28 PM

Could this rumor have legs? Yes. We have depth at center and he got moved over to wing. Nothing to see here, I would be surprised if teams weren't poking around a little.

Could the Jackets be interested in moving him? I would be interested in listening if I was Howson. Maybe you can work in something larger and get Mason out of Dodge.

wahsnairb 10-14-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveHole23 (Post 37910097)
My sisters boyfriend friend knows your good friend extremely well and he said that you friend just told you what you wanted to hear.

:help::help:

i wish there was a smiley to roll my eyes at this ridiculous post

wahsnairb 10-14-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clitter on the point (Post 37910191)
Jeff Carter says hello:laugh:

because that is how most player moves are handled... you're right, sorry.

FiveHole23 10-14-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37910715)
:help::help:

i wish there was a smiley to roll my eyes at this ridiculous post

I was looking for one just like that after your post.

blahblah 10-14-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37910715)
:help::help:

i wish there was a smiley to roll my eyes at this ridiculous post


:rolleyes:


:shakehead


My favorite....

:rolly:

1857 Howitzer 10-14-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37910715)
:help::help:

i wish there was a smiley to roll my eyes at this ridiculous post

http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-...cons/75_75.gifhttp://www.msnheaven.com/content/emo...olleye0011.gif http://www.msnheaven.com/content/emo...olleye0003.gif http://www.msnheaven.com/content/emo...olleye0005.gif http://www.msnheaven.com/content/emo...olleye0010.gif http://www.msnheaven.com/content/emo...olleye0008.gif

Double-Shift Lass 10-14-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37910715)
:help::help:

i wish there was a smiley to roll my eyes at this ridiculous post

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveHole23 (Post 37910783)
I was looking for one just like that after your post.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:teach:

EDIT:
Dammit!

Anyway, I tend to agree that the rumor makes sense inasmuch as some GMs might be fishing around, especially to see if Howson's stance on his roster may have changed since Oct 7.

wahsnairb 10-14-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveHole23 (Post 37910783)
I was looking for one just like that after your post.

what exactly is worth rolling your eyes about in my post? i made a statement that i thought added to this convesation.. you, on the other hand, found it necessary to post an asinine response to it which added nothing.

now i am upset at myself for spending another 10 seconds giving you attention when you're not worth even that much of my time :(




edit - and thank you.. i am excited to have :rolleyes: at my disposal now

FiveHole23 10-14-2011 12:43 PM

My point was what your friend says has no credit or relevance to the conversation.

I think what Eklund said is true. Why wouldn't team be looking at Brass. We suck right now and mane looking to shake things up and Brassard is playing "out of normal place" in our line up. I'm sure teams have called and inquired what is all Eklund is really saying.

plong123 10-14-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveHole23 (Post 37911199)
My point was what your friend says has no credit or relevance to the conversation.

I think what Eklund said is true. Why wouldn't team be looking at Brass. We suck right now and mane looking to shake things up and Brassard is playing "out of normal place" in our line up. I'm sure teams have called and inquired what is all Eklund is really saying.

I have to think this rumor is true as well... weren't there 27 scouts at the Avalanche game? Seems a little high if nothing is happening.

blahblah 10-14-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37911013)
edit - and thank you.. i am excited to have :rolleyes: at my disposal now

Don't forget :rolly: when :rolleyes: just can't accurately express the lunacy of the post you are quoting.

TaketheCannoli 10-14-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37910773)
because that is how most player moves are handled... you're right, sorry.

Right, like Klesla. How did he find out again?

Where's Cougar, she'll set you straight :laugh:

meh, I remember a player finding out he was traded because Sportsnet or TSN called him, on air!

wahsnairb 10-14-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 37911739)
Don't forget :rolly: when :rolleyes: just can't accurately express the lunacy of the post you are quoting.

doubly appreciated haha

and since everyone wants to give this bad boy legs, the jets had multiple scouts there (i believe) and people were saying it seemed random so it's obviously going to be a trade centered on brassard for bogosian

wahsnairb 10-14-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leek (Post 37911783)
Right, like Klesla. How did he find out again?

Where's Cougar, she'll set you straight :laugh:

meh, I remember a player finding out he was traded because Sportsnet or TSN called him, on air!

that's like saying sheep are black because there are plenty of examples of black sheep.. sure, it happens like that from time to time, but that is not the majority.

:rolly:

hip check 10-14-2011 01:16 PM

With a 1/2 line center dropping to the 4th line this season due to depth, I would be shocked if at least 1 of the 29 other teams haven't asked about him. Now whether anyone is willing to give up whatever Howson would want in exchange is anyone's guess.

TaketheCannoli 10-14-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37911943)
that's like saying sheep are black because there are plenty of examples of black sheep.. sure, it happens like that from time to time, but that is not the majority.

:rolly:

Right and nice straw man.

You claimed there is no deal because:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahsnairb (Post 37909935)
one of my good friends knows brassard very well ;) and said when they mentioned to him rumors of him being trade bait he had no idea about it so it can't be that serious... yet

Now you want to distract the discussion with your opinion that the trades where the player doesn't know a thing are in the minority. Your contention, your ARGUMENT was that "he had no idea about it so it can't be that serious..."


The rumor that Brassard doesn't know anything about a trade is as meaningless as the rumor that he might be traded.

I'm sure teams have asked about his availability. I suspect these questions go back and forth between teams with some regularity. Howson said they talked about Carter going back to last January. Most rumors have some substance, yet most of them never turn into a trade.

mt-svk 10-14-2011 01:22 PM

It is a pity that Brassard for Volchenkov is unreal... (

JF Omalycat 10-14-2011 01:23 PM

I'm curious,but just how does a GM go about letting other teams know "such and such" might be available? Is there some kind of discreet hot-line or something? Or does he just call the league office and let the word spread around?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.