HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Power Play Potential (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1005265)

Windymind 10-14-2011 04:06 PM

Power Play Potential

Let's tab into time and pretend Markov is back, what would be the two lines of PP?

Pacioretti-Plekanek-Camalleri
Subban-Markov

Kostitsin-Desharnais-Gionta
Weber-Diaz

Habsland35 10-14-2011 11:04 PM

i dont agree with having desharnais over gomez on the second unit, especially with the way des has been playing so far this season

also i really hope eller gets some pp time this year, hes extremely creative and can dish the puck pretty good...

other then that looks pretty good

edit: switch patches with AK

MoobMoob 10-15-2011 12:54 AM

I'd rather see markov and subban tried on separate PP units, and DD getting a chance on the wing. Darche deserves PP time as well. Something like:

unit 1:
gio-plex-cam
markov-diaz

unit 2:
Darche/AK-gomez/Eller-DD
subban-emelin/weber

Theosis 10-15-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoobMoob (Post 37934763)
I'd rather see markov and subban tried on separate PP units, and DD getting a chance on the wing. Darche deserves PP time as well. Something like:

unit 1:
Patches-plex-cam/gio
markov-diaz

unit 2:
Darche-gomez-DD/gio
subban-emelin/weber

I doubt DD would ever see PP time if you have lines like that unless maybe someone is struggling... really badly, JM wouldn't put Desharnais to replace Gionta and Cammy will always be on the PP as well.

MoobMoob 10-15-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theosis (Post 37934975)
I doubt DD would ever see PP time if you have lines like that unless maybe someone is struggling... really badly, JM wouldn't put Desharnais to replace Gionta and Cammy will always be on the PP as well.

Yeah, I re-thought it and editted for something I actually think would work better. Patches seems more like a go-to guy for ES than PP.

HockeyF3ind 10-15-2011 01:52 AM

Front load the 1st unit, and this set up has 1-timers every which way.

Gionta-Plecks-Cammy
Subban-Markov

Second unit: the youth/future PP

Patches-DD/Eller-A Kost
Yemelin-Diaz/Weber

googlymoogly 10-15-2011 06:21 AM

Markov Weber has potential as Weber has a bomb of a shot. I wonder if Emelin will ever get a chance as he can really shoot the puck hard as well.

Vanek20 10-15-2011 07:40 AM

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Markov - Subban

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gionta
Weber - Diaz

bcv 10-15-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windymind (Post 37918693)
Let's tab into time and pretend Markov is back, what would be the two lines of PP?

Pacioretti-Plekanek-Camalleri
Subban-Markov

Kostitsin-Desharnais-Gionta
Weber-Diaz

What I would do is :

Patches - Plek - Cammy
Markov - Weber

Why Weber instead of Subban? Well, for starters Markov and Subban both prefers to play on the left side and with cammy on the right side, that would give two options to Markov. And Weber actually is better on the right side.

AK - Eller - Gionta
Subban - Diaz

Diaz feeds the puck to Subban just like Wiz was and he seems to prefer to pass than shoot. No Desharnais, sick and tired of him getting outmuscled every freaking shift. While I think Gomez has a good start of the season, I'm very high on Eller. The guy is a gem.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 10-15-2011 11:27 AM

If Markov is back, I guarantee one of Diaz/Weber won't be in the lineup.

Max Levine 10-15-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcv (Post 37941071)
What I would do is :

Patches - Plek - Cammy
Markov - Weber

Why Weber instead of Subban? Well, for starters Markov and Subban both prefers to play on the left side and with cammy on the right side, that would give two options to Markov. And Weber actually is better on the right side.

AK - Eller - Gionta
Subban - Diaz

Diaz feeds the puck to Subban just like Wiz was and he seems to prefer to pass than shoot. No Desharnais, sick and tired of him getting outmuscled every freaking shift. While I think Gomez has a good start of the season, I'm very high on Eller. The guy is a gem.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. I mean, the point men, not the forwards. I like Eller and I can't wait to see more of him but there is no way he should pass Gomez or even Desharnais on the PP. But having Markov with Weber, Subban with Diaz seems ideal to me.

neofury* 10-15-2011 01:21 PM

I also believe Weber will get tried out with Markov for a while.