HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tremblay speaks out against Don Cherry (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1005337)

glenn77 10-14-2011 08:33 PM

Tremblay speaks out against Don Cherry

Couldn't believe this article:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../18827586.html

Tremblay needs to go back under the rock he belongs! :rant:
The way both he and Ronald Corey ran this team into the ground during the 90's and he has the stones to speak out against Don Cherry?

Shut it Tremblay!

The only thing that needs to be put in the fire is anything relating to you. Tremblay truly is THE biggest mistake in a Habs jersey in the history of the team! Just even looking at his mug makes me wanna PUKE! :soap:

Bullsmith 10-14-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn77 (Post 37924081)

The way both he and Ronald Corey ran this team into the ground during the 90's and he has the stones to speak out against Don Cherry?

Shut it Tremblay!

The only thing that needs to be put in the fire is anything relating to you. Tremblay truly is THE biggest mistake in a Habs jersey in the history of the team! Just even looking at his mug makes me wanna PUKE! :soap:

Haven't read the article yet but I have to ask, what does Trembley's coaching the Habs have to do with Cherry?

DDs not undersized 10-14-2011 08:43 PM

Mario Tremblay won 5 Stanley Cups with the Habs as the most hard working player on the team.

How many Cups does Cherry have already?

Mario Tremblay was still behind an NHL bench 18 months ago. He knows what he talks about.

Wanna know when was the last time Cherry was a professional coach?

Tremblay has much more credibility when he speaks than this CBC clown that is still, sadly, worshiped by a few dinosaurs.

Player 61 10-14-2011 08:46 PM

In this case though, I think he's just going to bat for Knuckles-Nilan, an Ex team-mate.

MoonlightGraham 10-14-2011 08:52 PM

So he's not allowed to speak in public ever again?

Habsterix* 10-14-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partisan du CH (Post 37924451)
Mario Tremblay won 5 Stanley Cups with the Habs as the most hard working player on the team.

Mario Tremblay was still behind an NHL bench 18 months ago. He knows what he talks about.

Tremblay has much more credibility when he speaks than this CBC clown that is still, sadly, worshiped by a few dinosaurs.

So let me ask you... How many Cups have you won? How many NHL teams have you coached? Does this mean that your opinion isn't as valuable as theirs and that they're always right when disagreeing with you?

Food for thoughts...

Goldthorpe 10-14-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullsmith (Post 37924333)
Haven't read the article yet but I have to ask, what does Trembley's coaching the Habs have to do with Cherry?

Yeah, I have the exact same question. How is this related at all?

DDs not undersized 10-14-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsterix (Post 37924897)
So let me ask you... How many Cups have you won? How many NHL teams have you coached? Does this mean that your opinion isn't as valuable as theirs and that they're always right when disagreeing with you?

Food for thoughts...

I certainly don't see the world in black and white like that. But Tremblay has, without a doubt, more knowlege of the actual game than I have, or that the CBC clown has.

habitue* 10-14-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Shut it Tremblay!

Then..puke ! It might clear your thoughts a tiny bit.

Christina Woloski 10-14-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsterix (Post 37924897)

Food for thoughts...

When one is speaking as an expert, then yes, those factors do come into effect. That is why we're here on this board and they are TV.

One has more validity than the other is his point.

Harpo 10-14-2011 09:21 PM

Don't care much about Cherry but he was again out of line, I guess.

Saw Tremblay's response last night and thought he looked ridiculous event though that doesn't mean he doesn't have a point.

Basically, pretty much everyone involved in that controversy (or offended by one side or the other) look pretty dumb so far. Yes that includes Réjean.

And me, too.

Agnostic 10-14-2011 09:23 PM

My grandfather, like many others, died of complications from silicosis after working underground in a gold mine his working life.

In whose world would a miner who collected a paycheck be called a "puke" or hypocrite if he spoke out for changing health and air quality standards?

Cherry is the puke, an ignorant loud mouthed one.

Schooner Guy 10-14-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partisan du CH (Post 37924451)

Tremblay also set up Yvan Lambert for the OT winner in Game 7 of semi-final in 1979 that KO'd the Bruins and prevented Don Cherry from getting his name on the Cup.

HCH 10-14-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Shut it Tremblay!

I think more people should speak up against Cherry's neanderthal opinions. Good for you Mario.

What I can't believe is your backlash

onice 10-14-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Shut it Tremblay!

Tremblay was one of my favourite players from that 70s team and as for him ruining the Habs, I lay very little blame at his doorstep. I still respect the man even though he made a mistake in the Roy incident. I guess according to you Roy had no part in the incident.

googlymoogly 10-14-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 37926839)
Tremblay was one of my favourite players from that 70s team and as for him ruining the Habs, I lay very little blame at his doorstep. I still respect the man even though he made a mistake in the Roy incident. I guess according to you Roy had no part in the incident.

Well Tremblay was a bad coach but he also had terrible management. We're talking an era where Houle had to trade basically every upcoming UFA because the team was being cheap and cared more about what the gross profit margin was than winning. Houle had his hands tied as well having to settle for older cheaper UFAs because players didn't want to come to Montreal. It was Gillette who helped turn around the decade of terrible drafting and terrible trading of players.

MXD 10-14-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Shut it Tremblay!

First, usually, people rant against Réjean Houle. Not Tremblay.

Second, Tremblay won as much Cups as Cherry did as a coach... And Cherry had much better teams on his hands.

Third, your rant is more against the very existence of Mario Tremblay, as a player (... a very good Hab, probably the least gifted to ever score 30 goals with us, and that's a compliment by the way), a broadcaster and a coach, than it is about the point he defend -- which is, basically, his former teammate Chris Nilan.

OneSharpMarble 10-14-2011 10:18 PM

Cherry needs to be put in his place and his place is not on television. What a constant embarrassment to the sport and a sign the nhl is still very bushleague/amateur.

Player 61 10-14-2011 10:20 PM

I'm sure Central Ontario(or Grapes Land) is only getting one side of the story. In Montreal were all on Knuckles side(Who was carelessly mis-quoted)! Like I said Tremblay is just defending an old friend & Team mate. Nothing wrong with that, he's in the broadcast business, he's using a tool, just like Mr. Cherry.

This has nothing to do with past coaching.

CrAzYNiNe 10-14-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 37928381)
Cherry needs to be put in his place and his place is not on television. What a constant embarrassment to the sport and a sign the nhl is still very bushleague/amateur.

What does the NHL have to do with Cherry being hired by the CBC?

Goldthorpe 10-14-2011 10:36 PM

Still waiting for an explanation by the OP on the relation between Tremblay criticism of Cherry and his performances has part of the Canadiens a decade ago.

Player 61 10-14-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 37929167)
Still waiting for an explanation by the OP on the relation between Tremblay criticism of Cherry and his performances has part of the Canadiens a decade ago.

Don't count on it, he's got 89 posts in 2 years. That's 1 GDT's amount Vs Boston! ;)

This should probably be morphed into the overall Cherry thread, eventually.

habsrule22 10-14-2011 11:08 PM

leafs fans is what has keep Cherry around the last few years.

Captain Saku 10-14-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Shut it Tremblay!

Are you defending Cherry here or bashing Tremblay?

If you hate Tremblay that doesn't take away his right to speak his opinion.

If you're defending Cherry then that's pathetic because what he said was a real shame to all Canadians.

Habs 10-14-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Shut it Tremblay!

Yeah, the nerve of people posting their thoughts, freedom of speech etc. I bet his rant would look better if he used some of the same smilies you did.