HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Morgan Klimchuck 2013 Draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1005461)

habsrule4eva3089 10-14-2011 10:50 PM

Morgan Klimchuck 2013 Draft

Kid seems to be a very good player and looks like a potential top half first rounder to me! Anyone seen him play this year or have some indepth insight on his game?!

DangerMan 10-14-2011 11:22 PM

I just got the chance to see him tonight. He's cut from the same cloth as Hunter Shinkaruk. Great hands in tight when he has the puck. He doesn't have as much flair as Shinkaruk does, he's more workmanlike in his attitude. Good skater and reads the game really well for a player his age. Kind of reminds me of Patrick Marleau, the way he weaves in and out of traffic, looking for soft spots, but as the game's physicality ramped up he faded away from the play.

Shinkaruk, Klimchuk and Lazar are the three of the best 2013 forwards the WHL I have seen so far. I have yet to see Forsberg. Klimchuk much like Shinkaruk is already a go to guy for his team.

R S 10-15-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMan (Post 37932715)
I just got the chance to see him tonight. He's cut from the same cloth as Hunter Shinkaruk. Great hands in tight when he has the puck. He doesn't have as much flair as Shinkaruk does, he's more workmanlike in his attitude. Good skater and reads the game really well for a player his age. Kind of reminds me of Patrick Marleau, the way he weaves in and out of traffic, looking for soft spots, but as the game's physicality ramped up he faded away from the play.

Shinkaruk, Klimchuk and Lazar are the three of the best 2013 forwards the WHL I have seen so far. I have yet to see Forsberg. Klimchuk much like Shinkaruk is already a go to guy for his team.

Forsberg is right in the mix, believe me. Kid is very RNH-esque.

R S 10-15-2011 09:51 PM

I also really like what I've seen out of Klimchuk. Always involved in the play, great shot, great first few steps and acceleration. Good skater and very dynamic.

2013 is going to be a great year in the WHL.

DangerMan 10-15-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings (Post 37986207)
Forsberg is right in the mix, believe me. Kid is very RNH-esque.

I agree. I haven't seen him live yet, but from limited viewings and clips he looks like he could be the best of them all.

Sartorial 11-09-2012 10:40 PM

BUMP

Just watched Klimchuck play tonight in Saskatoon. There was over a half dozen fights tonight! (none of which Klimchuck was involved in haha)

I love this guys game. He has great positioning defensively and made a few great interceptions. Also, he picks his spots so well with the puck. He's not afraid to carry it hard to the net, and he's also disciplined enough to just chip it in and give chase when there's no lane or pass.

So far this season I've never seen a forward utilized this much. Granted Regina isn't super strong this year, but he played first pk and pp unit consistently (and well, scoring 2 pp goals. Saskatoon had 3 pp goals tonight...they were really on).

I certainly see him going top 60, as a conservative estimate.

Daneurism 11-09-2012 11:30 PM

I think he goes 20-30

seafoam 11-14-2012 09:15 AM

Center or Winger?

White Goodman 11-14-2012 09:26 AM

NHL 13 - this kid is a stud.

Sartorial 11-14-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seafoam (Post 55759159)
Center or Winger?

Winger.