HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GDT: Senators vs. Capitals. 7pm. Verizon Center. 10.15.2011. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1005739)

usiel 10-15-2011 11:55 AM

Senators vs. Capitals. 7pm. Verizon Center. 10.15.2011.
 
Game thread. Lineup will be updated. DJ King makes his season debut. Dany Sabourin to back up Vokoun (Caps preferred Holtby to actually play @ Hershey).

Forwards
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Brouwer
Semin-Johansson-Knuble
Chimera-Laich-Ward
King-Halpern-Hendricks

Defense
Alzner-Carlson
Hamrlik-Green
Schultz-Wideman

Goal
Vokoun
Sabourin

via http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider

BiPolar Caps 10-15-2011 12:12 PM

Let's not play to the level of the competition.

Oh and a new thread to bash Schultz in. (just kidding). I know there's mods lurking out there everywhere.

Funkyalligator 10-15-2011 12:16 PM

Just win.....in regulation. I'd love to see Ovie get a couple of 1 timers and net a hat trick....remember the 4 goal game against them when he got cut?

Caps89 10-15-2011 12:24 PM

I hope they jump all over the Sens and get the crowd in the game early and keep them in it.

alexthekidd 10-15-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkyalligator (Post 37944129)
Just win.....in regulation. I'd love to see Ovie get a couple of 1 timers and net a hat trick....remember the 4 goal game against them when he got cut?

Habs, not Sens.

usiel 10-15-2011 12:32 PM

Expect a slow start due to the opponent and after a rivalry game. Thankfully it is a home game and a Saturday crowd will mitigate that.

Capitlols 10-15-2011 12:52 PM

Just win...big.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 10-15-2011 12:57 PM

A win tonight and the Caps tie the best start in franchise history.

5-2 good guys.

TomWaits 10-15-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz (Post 37945413)
A win tonight and the Caps tie the best start in franchise history.

5-2 good guys.

who is starting in net for Washington?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 10-15-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomWaits (Post 37945615)
who is starting in net for Washington?

Vokoun.

EYEuhFRAYtee 10-15-2011 01:10 PM

This should be another win for the good guys.

um 10-15-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz (Post 37945651)
Vokoun.

strange i figure he would get the start against florida, i guess he still can

TheFountainhead 10-15-2011 01:14 PM

@AlextheKidd: He also had a four goal game that season against the Sens in which he left to get stitched up.

Caps89 10-15-2011 01:16 PM

What is the best start in Franchise history?

Funkyalligator 10-15-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexthekidd (Post 37944517)
Habs, not Sens.

Incorrect.... he's had 2 4 goal games one against the habs and one against the sens but I specifically mentioned him getting cut which references the sens. Please get your facts straight before trying to correct someone.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 10-15-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caps89 (Post 37946055)
What is the best start in Franchise history?

4-0 per Vogel in the Kettler Report video yesterday.

ForzaItalia 10-15-2011 01:18 PM

Any streams for tonight's game?

Click Here 10-15-2011 01:51 PM

colorado put 7 on this wreck of a team, on the road, and im pretty sure anderson played in that game. i dont expect the caps to play with the same kind of energy colorado did for many reasons, but there's no reason the caps shouldn't win this one big and with the top 3 lines all having success offensively.

txpd 10-15-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkyalligator (Post 37946077)
Incorrect.... he's had 2 4 goal games one against the habs and one against the sens but I specifically mentioned him getting cut which references the sens. Please get your facts straight before trying to correct someone.

if ov scored 4 v the sens and was cut, i dont remember it. v the habs he scored 4, got stitches from a high stick and then had his nose broken by boullion. that i remember

brs03 10-15-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunksuperhero (Post 37947251)
colorado put 7 on this wreck of a team, on the road, and im pretty sure anderson played in that game. i dont expect the caps to play with the same kind of energy colorado did for many reasons, but there's no reason the caps shouldn't win this one big and with the top 3 lines all having success offensively.

That's assuming Auld isn't better than Anderson. Given the careers those two have had, who knows how they'll compare this season. :dunno:

Fallschirmyager 10-15-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd (Post 37947287)
if ov scored 4 v the sens and was cut, i dont remember it. v the habs he scored 4, got stitches from a high stick and then had his nose broken by boullion. that i remember

Ovi was cut on the leg during the Pens game the night before the 4 goal sens game. He got his face ugliered by a hit during the habs game. At least that's the reference I think he was trying to make.

Bure 10-15-2011 03:07 PM

I think they'll get up for this game it's gonna be on HNIC.

Russell Jones 10-15-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkyalligator (Post 37946077)
Incorrect.... he's had 2 4 goal games one against the habs and one against the sens but I specifically mentioned him getting cut which references the sens. Please get your facts straight before trying to correct someone.

Good advice...

"The Capitals' Alex Ovechkin broke his nose, needed stitches in his lip after getting hit with a puck and then showed the Canadiens the true meaning of the word tough.

The battered Ovechkin, who also sported a cut below his eye from a high stick Tuesday night, scored his fourth goal of the night with 1:26 left in overtime to give the Capitals a 5-4 win over the Canadiens on Thursday night in Washington."

txpd 10-15-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager (Post 37947885)
Ovi was cut on the leg during the Pens game the night before the 4 goal sens game. He got his face ugliered by a hit during the habs game. At least that's the reference I think he was trying to make.

i remember him playing after getting his leg cut. the cut in the habs game is often forgotten because boullion broke his nose with a hit later. iirc it was markov with a loose stick that smacked ov in the face for the stitches.

NeilYoung 10-15-2011 03:25 PM

So even though I pay a ton of money for center ice I don't get to watch this game. Bull ****.


Apparently since it's on CBC Ontario which no one gets here my center ice feed gets blacked out.

****** feed it is for me tonight


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.