HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Post Game Talk: 3 Stars & GBR: Game 03 @ New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1006029)

Wraparounds 10-15-2011 08:28 PM

3 Stars & GBR: Game 03 @ New York Islanders

3 Stars & The Good, The Bad, The Redden

Sean Avery Memorial Offsides Trophy
http://i.imgur.com/D2NZk.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/00rUt.png

Today's co-recipients of the Sean Avery Memorial Offsides Trophy are Marian Gaborik & Brandon Dubinsky, noted with slowing the game down once a piece.

Previous GDTs & PGTs
Game Day Thread Post Game Thread
Game 01 @ Los Angeles Kings Game 01 @ Los Angeles Kings
Game 02 @ Anaheim Ducks Game 02 @ Anaheim Ducks
Game 03 @ New York Islanders (1)
Game 03 @ New York Islanders (2)

BlueshirtBlitz 10-15-2011 08:30 PM

Gabby or Hank is the POTG.

Just going to try to forget this game happened. Need some wins.

NYR99 10-15-2011 08:30 PM

Just horrible.

I Am Classless 10-15-2011 08:30 PM

Three out of MDZ, Gabby, Stepan and Hank.

Machinehead 10-15-2011 08:31 PM

1)John Tavares
2)My ass
3)John Tavares

The good: Nice weather we're having

The Bad: The Rangers

The Redden: The excuses people are making for this garbage team.

Wraparounds 10-15-2011 08:32 PM

1st: Gaborik
2nd: Lundqvist
3rd: Anisimov
HM: Refs :facepalm:

Megustaelhockey 10-15-2011 08:33 PM

Losers blame the refs. Stay out of the ******* penalty box. 2 BS calls > 2 BS calls and 6 legit ones.

JeffMangum 10-15-2011 08:34 PM

3 stars:

1. Henrik Lundqvist
2. Michael Del Zotto
3. Brad Richards

HM: Dan Girardi & Marian Gaborik (Put him in HM because, while he obviously played well, he didn't do much in the second half of the game)

The good: The D wasn't that bad, actually, given the circumstances. They seem to be getting more into the groove of things offensively, creating a lot of chances. Stepan-Richards-Gaborik was an awesome line (I've seen that proposed before on here, and I teared it apart. I was wrong, obviously.).

The bad: Dubinsky and Callahan played a very bad game tonight. Anisimov was okay, best player out of the three. Seemed a bit discombobulated on the transition game, but that's to be expected when you're missing 2 of your top-4 defenseman.

The Redden: Refereeing and lack of discipline.

Overall, it was a somewhat promising game. The talent and ability is clearly there, it's just a matter of developing a smarter game. The team shot themselves in the foot several times with bad penalties and ill-advised passes.

Swept In Seven 10-15-2011 08:34 PM

Nice PGT Wraparounds. Just gotta ask if everything seems to be cut in half on anybody elses screen.

Anyways penalties killed them today. Along with Tavares

Kane One 10-15-2011 08:34 PM

Terrible game.
POTG: Gaborik
The Good: Richards
The Bad: The week long break
The Redden: The referees

Janerixon 10-15-2011 08:35 PM

8 penalties... the one on Boyle was a disgrace as was the Erixon penalty which should have been goalie interference against the Isles... Regardless 6 penalties is too many and Rangers still can't score on the PP.

The 2nd line of Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan showed nothing, what is with this team having only one line show up? Torts who always changes the lines up keeps the pack line together and they did nothing all game long. I can't stand the Erixon-Del Zotto pair, they are just too green and lack physicality needed down low, though I didn't think the 3rd pair of Woywitka-Eminger looked very bad.

Another game where Torts "style" fails when the team can't stay out of the box and can't score on their own PP's.

It's a long season, last year the Rangers blew a 5-3 lead early in the year vs the Isles, so I expected this especially without Sauer, but this team looks very disorganized and Torts needs to get these players playing smarter hockey.

Lundqvist deserves better.

McMonster 10-15-2011 08:35 PM

Off to western Canada.... :shakehead

truebluegoalie 10-15-2011 08:35 PM

That is a really tough loss, felt like the Rangers are the better team, just too many penalties, both legit and garbage. Really killed any flow the rangers could get going. Outside of one line, the Islanders really don't look that impressive.

Oh well, on to vancouver. It is still early in the season, its pretty funny how many people are willing to give up on this team 3 games in.

iamitter 10-15-2011 08:37 PM

Gaborik, Del Zotto, Richards.

Del Zotto needs to get some credit. He's been playing extremely well for us.

Megustaelhockey 10-15-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsteppp (Post 37976545)
Off to western Canada.... :shakehead

It's friggin gorgeous out there. Smells great, like a cedar closet. :)

BlueshirtBlitz 10-15-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 37976303)
3 stars:

1. Henrik Lundqvist
2. Michael Del Zotto
3. Brad Richards

HM: Dan Girardi & Marian Gaborik (Put him in HM because, while he obviously played well, he didn't do much in the second half of the game)

The good: The D wasn't that bad, actually, given the circumstances. They seem to be getting more into the groove of things offensively, creating a lot of chances. Stepan-Richards-Gaborik was an awesome line (I've seen that proposed before on here, and I teared it apart. I was wrong, obviously.).

The bad: Dubinsky and Callahan played a very bad game tonight. Anisimov was okay, best player out of the three. Seemed a bit discombobulated on the transition game, but that's to be expected when you're missing 2 of your top-4 defenseman.

The Redden: Refereeing and lack of discipline.

Overall, it was a somewhat promising game. The talent and ability is clearly there, it's just a matter of developing a smarter game. The team shot themselves in the foot several times with bad penalties and ill-advised passes.

Just gonna say this and remind everybody we're 3 games into the ****ing season.

We have 2 out of a possible 6 points, not good but it's not like we're getting put into some kind of insurmountable gap with the rest of the teams in the division.

Gabby and BR were on tonight. Now maybe if anybody else decided to ****ing show up we could've won.

HatTrick Swayze 10-15-2011 08:38 PM

I think we really outplayed them 5-on-5.

Which makes the outcome all the more frustrating.

bmoak 10-15-2011 08:38 PM

This is a last place team.

Tavares will outscore Gaborik and Richard combined. Moulsen and Okposo will outscore any other Ranger. Streit will outscore any two Ranger defensemen combined.

Rangers will be lucky to win a game in western canada, unless Lundquist can steal one.

turcotte8 10-15-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon (Post 37976539)

Another game where Torts "style" fails when the team can't stay out of the box and can't score on their own PP's.

Is there a "style" that works when you take too many penalties and don't score on your powerplays?

Glen Teflon Sather 10-15-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 37975819)
1)John Tavares
2)My ass
3)John Tavares

The good: Nice weather we're having

The Bad: The Rangers

The Redden: The excuses people are making for this garbage team.

Don't you know.......it's always the refs fault when we lose!

DoTheBlue 10-15-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJBergy86 (Post 37976397)
Nice PGT Wraparounds. Just gotta ask if everything seems to be cut in half on anybody elses screen.

screen resolution may not be wide enough. Maximize your browser to take up the whole screen. If that doesn't work your screen resolution isn't set high enough.

fiedy88 10-15-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJBergy86 (Post 37976397)

Yeah, it's cut off, the graphic is too large.

DrSutton* 10-15-2011 08:39 PM

Slats -
Go make a move. PLEASE. Enough with the ****ing waiver wire. No Staal and a 3 game losing streak.

Make a ****ing move.

Machinehead 10-15-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truebluegoalie (Post 37976667)
That is a really tough loss, felt like the Rangers are the better team, just too many penalties, both legit and garbage. Really killed any flow the rangers could get going. Outside of one line, the Islanders really don't look that impressive.

Oh well, on to vancouver. It is still early in the season, its pretty funny how many people are willing to give up on this team 3 games in.

*raises hand*

Chimp 10-15-2011 08:39 PM

POTG: Lundqvist, he kept us in it longer than it should've been. Some amazing saves.

Good: Gaborik and Richards finding eachother, both close to POTG as well. Erixon looked good, Del Zotto looked good until the penalty on Girardi. The hustling by the Prust line did their job.

Bad: The discipline. If the refs don't allow us to touch anything, don't touch anything.

The Redden: These baffoons in zebra dresses are killing this game. Where are they coming from, NBA? They're killing this league slowly, season by season. I really, really, really miss 90's hockey.

With a different set of zebras, we would've won this game. We looked better than in Stockholm.