HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gagnes' play..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=100611)

04' hockey 08-29-2004 01:21 PM

Gagnes' play.....

Having cable TV but no WC games(of course?) can anybody update us Flyer fans, tixholders, about his play during the tournament?? :bow: :handclap:

thank you

FearTheFlyers 08-29-2004 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04' hockey
Having cable TV but no WC games(of course?) can anybody update us Flyer fans, tixholders, about his play during the tournament?? :bow: :handclap:

thank you

He looked off his game against the U.S but played really well with St.Loius and Richards last night. Had a beauty set up for Richards out front which was saved.

tytech 08-29-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
He looked off his game against the U.S but played really well with St.Loius and Richards last night. Had a beauty set up for Richards out front which was saved.

He sat out game two against the US and played well last night against Slovaks. Good board work even when Chara was drapped over him. A few shots, that's it.

flyersrock1 08-29-2004 04:17 PM

Looks like he might not be on the top lines. Hope they don't put him in the pressbox.

Blindside9711 08-30-2004 09:22 AM

Quinn's gone on record saying the Gagne-Sakic-Iginla line will remain intact throughout the tournament... Of course, we've all learned you can't trust a Leaf as far as you can kick them. :(

Flyers26 08-30-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04' hockey

thank you

If you have ESPN & ESPN2, you can watch the world cup games...

Dizzy 08-31-2004 07:34 AM

Gags looked good vs. Slovakia. Is it painful to see him playing with two Tampa players, or is that just me? At one point his was playing with Iginla and Richards, which looked good as well, so who knows who he'll eventually end up with. There was a lot of line juggling in the exhibition games. He wasn't getting any PP time but he was playing on the PK, had a good chance short-handed. It looks like he will at least be in the lineup for the start of the tournament.

flyersrock1 08-31-2004 08:10 AM

Looks like they might use him on the checking line. But with as much fire power as this team has it will still be better than any line in the league.

FearTheFlyers 08-31-2004 12:11 PM

Gagne will be playing with Richards and St.Louis, if Pat Quinn's lines in his latest practice are anything to go by.

GKJ 09-02-2004 08:50 AM

Gagne had an awsome as **** goal last night. St. Louis had his pass deflected and Gagne had to switch from forehand to backhand to put it in.

This is the Gagne we drafted :D

donelikedinner 09-02-2004 09:44 AM

gags has played well the last 2 games. he's made some great plays, taken some big hits and played well positionally. in order for him to him to go big in this tourney he needs consistent linemates which is near impossible with pat "i hate the flyers cause they own my a$$ in the playoffs" quinn. but, gags is still fun to watch!

Teezax 09-02-2004 10:09 AM

I agree his goal was sweet, they praised it on CBC after the game..
But i dont think he played well againstr the USA, he muffed a lot of passes and shots. And am I the only who noticed that the majority of the penalties called in favor of Canada, were because of Gags?

Dizzy 09-02-2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
I agree his goal was sweet, they praised it on CBC after the game..
But i dont think he played well againstr the USA, he muffed a lot of passes and shots. And am I the only who noticed that the majority of the penalties called in favor of Canada, were because of Gags?

I noticed that too, Gags is the master at drawing penalties. I think he should get some PP time as a reward. :D

FearTheFlyers 09-02-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piggy2
I noticed that too, Gags is the master at drawing penalties. I think he should get some PP time as a reward. :D

lol, yeah.

FlyHigh 09-02-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax

I only saw the last two periods of that game, but I thought he did pretty well against the US, he didn't get any spectacular chances, but he did draw those penalties and he was a force in both the offensive and defensive zones.

FlyersProspect2 09-02-2004 05:54 PM

Would love to Gags have a good turny and continue into the season whenever that happens.

donelikedinner 09-03-2004 03:49 AM

gags game is very underated. even when he doesn't get on the scoresheet, he makes teams play his game due to his speed, positioning and good all-around hockey sense.