HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic / HBO 24/7 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1008237)

Alvvays 10-18-2011 03:55 PM

Winter Classic / HBO 24/7
 
Continue here as the other thread has reached 1k.

http://www.nyrangersblog.com/images/...sicjerseys.png

WINTER CLASSIC
Main grandstand
100 level = $79 & $119 in low rows, $189 for bulk of seats
200 level = $349
300 level = $299
400 level = $249 ($299 at ends of rink)
LF
100 level = $119
200 level = $149
RF
100 level = $119
200 level = $149
300 level = $189

http://nyrnation.net/wp-content/uplo...081970d-pi.png

http://nyrnation.net/wp-content/uplo...10/Twitter.jpg

NYRFAN218 10-18-2011 04:08 PM

Should probably add jerseys, ticketing info, etc to first post.

Alvvays 10-18-2011 04:15 PM

Added to the OP.

NYRFAN218 10-18-2011 04:18 PM

Add this also.

Seating chart with prices...

http://nyrnation.net/wp-content/uplo...081970d-pi.png

Prices for the alumni game...

http://nyrnation.net/wp-content/uplo...10/Twitter.jpg

nyrmetros 10-18-2011 04:19 PM

A player number on the front of the Rangers jersey? F@ck that. Not buying.

92hatchattack 10-18-2011 04:26 PM

WOW that jersey is ugly!

wolfgaze 10-18-2011 04:27 PM

The jersey is the bomb!

SupersonicMonkey* 10-18-2011 04:36 PM

Im not a fan of red being the primary color. At all.

Or of the number on the front.

But, could have been worse.

Swept In Seven 10-18-2011 04:41 PM

I love the jersey but I think that it would have been sick if they brought out the White Lady Liberty back, but that is just my childhood talking :laugh:

silverfish 10-18-2011 05:13 PM

Is there a link that credits those jerseys as official?

nyr2k2 10-18-2011 05:18 PM

I'm a fan of the cream-colored sweaters.

wolfgaze 10-18-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 38105617)
Is there a link that credits those jerseys as official?

SNYRangersBlog posted an entry saying the buzz was that these are the jerseys, and then I believe a Philly Sports Media outlet confirmed that these will be the jerseys for the winter classic... It's as good as guaranteed....

NYRFAN218 10-18-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 38105617)
Is there a link that credits those jerseys as official?

Don't have a link but I think it was a Philly paper saying they heard from different sources that those were indeed the jerseys. Nothing actually confirmed by the NHL though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 38105735)
I'm a fan of the cream-colored sweaters.

Same, would have preferred the Rangers or New York going across though. Number in the front is odd but I'm not complaining as it pays homage to a past jersey.

OT but what exactly is a team leader? Never seen that before :laugh:

wolfgaze 10-18-2011 05:39 PM

Most of the fans in attendance at the game are going to have the worst sight-lines.... Baseball stadiums are the worst for hosting outdoor hockey games....

patnyrnyg 10-18-2011 05:46 PM

On a flyers board, a guy said he went to the game at Fenway and hated it. Said he couldn't see a damn thing. His advice is if you don't get upper or middle level seats to not waste your money.

wolfgaze 10-18-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patnyrnyg (Post 38106503)
On a flyers board, a guy said he went to the game at Fenway and hated it. Said he couldn't see a damn thing. His advice is if you don't get upper or middle level seats to not waste your money.

Yup, I remember them showing the zoomed out camera angles on some of the past winter classic games... A lot of the seats in the stadium are so far back from where the rink is situated, and not high enough in elevation for you to see over the boards, or at least see enough ice.... I have to imagine for a lot of fans sitting in the lower levels, all they are going to see on a good portion of the ice is the players' torsos and up.... Sight lines should be a huge concern for anyone trying to attend the game...

JaeTM 10-18-2011 06:04 PM

I like the beige color, not a fan of the jersey's though...

patnyrnyg 10-18-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 38106757)
Yup, I remember them showing the zoomed out camera angles on some of the past winter classic games... A lot of the seats in the stadium are so far back from where the rink is situated, and not high enough in elevation for you to see over the boards, or at least see enough ice.... I have to imagine for a lot of fans sitting in the lower levels, all they are going to see on a good portion of the ice is the players' torsos and up.... Sight lines should be a huge concern for anyone trying to attend the game...

Which is exactly why these games should be played in football stadiums. Move the game to the weekend after the Super Bowl, so there is no conflict.

NyRangers88 10-18-2011 06:36 PM

Have any STH's heard from their reps regarding tickets?

Blueshirt Special 10-18-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers88 (Post 38108607)
Have any STH's heard from their reps regarding tickets?

I spoke to my rep a couple of weeks ago and he said he would have some info for me in 2 weeks. 2 weeks have passed. :(

we shall see...

NYRFAN218 10-18-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special (Post 38109355)
I spoke to my rep a couple of weeks ago and he said he would have some info for me in 2 weeks. 2 weeks have passed. :(

we shall see...

Believe someone in the last thread said they spoke to their rep and they said expect an email in the next week or week and a half.

N9Y4R 10-18-2011 07:09 PM

At first glance I was not sure about the jersey. The more I look at it the more I like it. Even the # on front, very different and classic look.

92hatchattack 10-18-2011 07:34 PM

Theres nothing classic about the front of that jersey.. Its gross... Im down with the cream color though.

haveandare 10-18-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92hatchattack (Post 38112795)
Theres nothing classic about the front of that jersey.. Its gross... Im down with the cream color though.

There is, actually. It appears to be based on the 1946-47 jersey.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Rangers/Rangers11.html

Like them or not they are "classic" Rangers jerseys. From what I can tell its pretty much the only year that NYR wore a home jersey that was very different from the current design with the diagonal type down the front.

Ruotsalainen29 10-18-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92hatchattack (Post 38112795)
Theres nothing classic about the front of that jersey.. Its gross... Im down with the cream color though.

They wore that style in 1946-47


http://www.nhluniforms.com/Rangers/Images/Rangers12.png


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.