HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Where's the Kostitsyn love? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1008401)

Thinkbig 10-18-2011 08:02 PM

Where's the Kostitsyn love?

He is playing with so much confidence and passion! It's so nice to watch!

I believe it deserves its own thread.

Also, **** Pierre Houde for never mentioning Kostitsyn nice passes or nice plays. I respect more and more Denis for praising AK sometimes.

PK76 10-18-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinkbig (Post 38115683)
He is playing with so much confidence and passion! It's so nice to watch!

I believe it deserves its own thread.

Also, **** Pierre Houde for never mentioning Kostitsyn nice passes or nice plays. I respect more and more Denis for praising AK sometimes.

Agreed on Denis.

In the pre-game show they made it sound like Max Pac and DD were a great duo with someone else to just be there on the ice.

He's playing great right now and needs to keep it up.

The Kremelin Wall* 10-18-2011 08:08 PM

Contract year.

pine* 10-18-2011 08:10 PM

Here:

<3 Kostitsyn

Theosis 10-18-2011 08:10 PM

Him and Pacioretty have had some awesome chemistry

McSorleyStick 10-18-2011 08:14 PM

Damn

AK46 is everywhere

DDs not undersized 10-18-2011 08:18 PM

AK is a player that'll never be the driving force on a line, but who may be the perfect complement for an already working duo.

That said, the best player on this line tonight again is MaxPac. He plays like an all-star power forward.

Dagistitsyn 10-18-2011 08:24 PM

Shoulda locked him up instead of Cole. He's gone this year..

Cole is overrated, older and more $.. looks completely useless without the puck.

Shabutie 10-18-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partisan du CH (Post 38117417)
AK is a player that'll never be the driving force on a line, but who may be the perfect complement for an already working duo.

That said, the best player on this line tonight again is MaxPac. He plays like an all-star power forward.

Disagree, AK is much stronger on the puck tonight and is feeding amazing passes. That seeing eye backpass he made to patches to send him alone on Miller was brilliant.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 10-18-2011 08:31 PM

You probably just jinxed him :sarcasm:
Last year he had a hot start as well and then fell off the map to his usual self. He does look good playing with Patch.

number72 10-18-2011 09:07 PM

Yes about time. I was so disappointed when we got rid of Grabvoski.

Thinkbig 10-18-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument90 (Post 38118953)
You probably just jinxed him :sarcasm:
Last year he had a hot start as well and then fell off the map to his usual self. He does look good playing with Patch.

I think he only had a good pre-season

Kirk Muller 10-18-2011 09:13 PM

He has played decently. Still need production. 2 points in 5 games is not "love" worthy. I dont think there is a single hab this season that deserves it

Beakermania* 10-18-2011 09:13 PM

Woulda been nice if he covered Vanek on the GWG.

Our Forward support in the defensive zone has been attrocious this year. Gionta screwed up the Leopold goal too.

JAVO16 10-18-2011 09:17 PM

He's playing with a lot of confidence.

Damphousse had an interesting remark regarding Kosty before the game saying that he seemed to play better with players younger than him. I don't know if he defers too much when playing with vets, but whatever.

He's making sweet passes showing his skills/vision and profits from the numerous turnovers caused by Pacioretty( and vice-versa). He may not have the best hockey sense, but man, when he sees a teamate or knows a teamate is there, he can sure put the puck on tape with some crisp passes to display all his skills.

But what I like best from watching him right now is his defensive play. He's really positionning himself well in the defensive zone and coming back deep when needed. A couple of times on the backcheck, I noticed him skate hard to cover his man( the right man, no Gomez blown defensive covers **note this is an exemple from the playoff last spring fro those who remember because Gomez had a great game too**).

He's also finishing his check and, with Pacioretty, is giving the space necessary for DD to show his stuff.

Hoping that Martin keeps that line together for a long time. Yours, truly.

Playmaker09 10-18-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandant (Post 38123691)

Our Forward support in the defensive zone has been attrocious this year. Gionta screwed up the Leopold goal too.

They were all just lined up wrong to begin with.

After a defensive zone faceoff AK is normally supposed to rush the point, but was caught with having to cover two guys.

Monctonscout 10-18-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrowe21 (Post 38118103)
Shoulda locked him up instead of Cole. He's gone this year..

Cole is overrated, older and more $.. looks completely useless without the puck.

Why would we not keep both?

Not sure why you feel the need to take a shot at Cole while praising AK...must be a Hf thing...:shakehead

Cole will be an excellent addition if used properly.

Stradale 10-18-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Muller (Post 38123667)
He has played decently. Still need production. 2 points in 5 games is not "love" worthy. I dont think there is a single hab this season that deserves it

Actually its 3 pts in 5 games.. 3 pts in last 3 games.

HCH 10-18-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandant (Post 38123691)

Yep, you gotta say Andrei should have had him. That is totally a fair assessment. I just hope that one mistake isn't blown out of proportion. It took a lot of mistakes to even get in that position, starting with Gorges. More than one guy has to take the responsibility for that goal but ultimately it was Kosty's man.

Wish it wouldn't have happened but scoring one goal as a team isn't going to win many games. At some point, we gotta put it together offensively and defensively in the same game.

Kirk Muller 10-18-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 38125047)
Actually its 3 pts in 5 games.. 3 pts in last 3 games.

corrected, still Montreal needs more especially goals. He has company in Gionta, Gomez, Cole and Plekanec tho. And Subban needs to start providing something from the point.

Et le But 10-18-2011 09:39 PM

He was at fault for the game but I love his play with Pacioretty.

Really hope we don't panic and trade him, for all his flaws he's a great complimentary player.

Beakermania* 10-18-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCH (Post 38125589)
Yep, you gotta say Andrei should have had him. That is totally a fair assessment. I just hope that one mistake isn't blown out of proportion. It took a lot of mistakes to even get in that position, starting with Gorges. More than one guy has to take the responsibility for that goal but ultimately it was Kosty's man.

Wish it wouldn't have happened but scoring one goal as a team isn't going to win many games. At some point, we gotta put it together offensively and defensively in the same game.

I agree Gorges mistake is just as big or bigger.

I also agree that AKost isn't the only person making mistakes. In general, the defensive play of the forwards on our team has been the team's biggest issue so far this season. This goes much deeper than just AK.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 10-18-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Muller (Post 38123667)

Really? Really?! Pacioretty has been a big time hustler in the last 4 games. The Toronto one he was still rusty and not as engaged. After that, he got his game together and has been a threat every shift.

Toastman 10-18-2011 09:58 PM

I want to see him on the top line more.

The Kremelin Wall* 10-18-2011 09:59 PM

AK wants more money.