HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Proposal: Kyle Turris (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1009097)

Clowes Line 10-19-2011 03:11 PM

Kyle Turris

Turris has requested/demanded a trade from Phoenix (Don Maloney, you say?). What do you guys think it would take to get him?

RGY 10-19-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 38156113)
Someone on Bleacher Report wrote an article suggesting the Rangers go after Kyle Turris. I agree.

Turris has requested/demanded a trade from Phoenix (Don Maloney, you say?). What do you guys think it would take to get him?

Wolski, EC and a 3rd/4th rounder? Just curious, thought trading for him would be a good idea.

Unfortunately this is Bleacher Report spreading this.

Why would PHO want wolski back? Doesnt make sense for them.

Rangers1135 10-19-2011 03:14 PM

He's in the high 80's overall in NHL 12 after 4 years, so YES! :D

Clowes Line 10-19-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGY (Post 38156221)
Unfortunately this is Bleacher Report spreading this.

Why would PHO want wolski back? Doesnt make sense for them.

A writer on Bleacher Report just simply wrote he thinks the Rangers should inquire about Turris. He isn't creating a rumor. Turris DID request a trade and is holding out right now. I'm just agreeing with the writer that we should pursue him.

Oh, and about Wolski. Don Maloney hooks us up all the time. So why not take him back? :laugh:

bobbop 10-19-2011 03:18 PM

The asking price for Turris would be a) Stepan, b) Anisimov or c) Kreider.

Still interested?

Clowes Line 10-19-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbop (Post 38156479)

Still interested?

If he is requesting a trade, his trade value goes down. So yes, I am still interested since none of those players would be required, especially since it is Phoenix and Don Maloney.

DrSutton* 10-19-2011 03:23 PM

"somebody at bleacher report..."

Gotta say I stopped right there.

MorrisWanchuk 10-19-2011 03:23 PM

they would likely want a D prospect in return. no dice.

also, players that welch on their contacts and signing into the season...... not sure they're good team guys.

JeffMangum 10-19-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Still interested?

Or, in other words, Maloney is content with keeping Turris and letting him sit.

He obviously isn't going to get a player as valuable as one of those 3 in a trade for Turris, and he HAS said that it's either Phoenix or bust for him this season...add 1+1, and it signifies that Turris either signs, or sits. That simple.

Either way, not too interested, to be honest. Rangers need more size and a legitimate top-6 LW. Turris is neither.

Clowes Line 10-19-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSutton (Post 38156741)
"somebody at bleacher report..."

Gotta say I stopped right there.

Some of you guys amaze me with your ignorance. How many times do I have to say I am agreeing with someone who wrote an article about something that is true. He DID request a trade, so stop being ignorant. I'm just going to delete it from the OP cuz you guys are too incapable.

stcatcs12 10-19-2011 03:26 PM

Don Maloney or not I don't think they're going to give up a prospect that they had hoped to be a star on their team for our spare parts. It would at least cost us a few good prospects and a 1st round pick.

Levitate 10-19-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Still interested?

Which is pretty dumb since if he's not good enough to get $4 mill he's asking for, he's not good enough to be traded for those players (well maybe Kreider)

But I understand Phoenix doesn't really want to trade him

All that said, Turis woudl becoming into a tough situation where would have to outplay a bunch of guys already entrenched in order to get top six minutes

DrSutton* 10-19-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 38156889)
Some of you guys amaze me with your ignorance. How many times do I have to say I am agreeing with someone who wrote an article about something that is true. He DID request a trade, so stop being ignorant. I'm just going to delete it from the OP cuz you guys are too incapable.

Doesn't matter. Even their opinions are horrible at bleacher report.
Turris trade request is complete speculation. So show me an article or quote that isn't speculation from a credible source with Turris saying I want a trade.

Stop showing your own ignorance

Inferno 10-19-2011 03:31 PM

perhaps the most overrated prospect since Robbie Schremp?

NYR Sting 10-19-2011 03:32 PM

No, thanks. Not worth the price it'd take. Not a solution to our problems.

JeffMangum 10-19-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSutton (Post 38157135)
Doesn't matter. Even their opinions are horrible at bleacher report.
Turris trade request is complete speculation. So show me an article or quote that isn't speculation from a credible source with Turris saying I want a trade.

Stop showing your own ignorance

Elliotte Friedman mentioned it about a week ago. He didn't say it "matter-of-factly", but he certainly insinuated it. Besides, kid's asking for $4M when he's never even broken the 40 point mark; it's quite clear that he either wants to be paid like a star, or be traded. Any rational human being would not do so unless they want to get out of the current situation they are in.

DrSutton* 10-19-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 38157215)
Elliotte Friedman mentioned it about a week ago. He didn't say it "matter-of-factly", but he certainly insinuated it. Besides, kid's asking for $4M when he's never even broken the 40 point mark; it's quite clear that he either wants to be paid like a star, or be traded. Any rational human being would not do so unless they want to get out of the current situation they are in.

Insinuation = Speculation

Killem Dafoe 10-19-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers1135 (Post 38156265)
He's in the high 80's overall in NHL 12 after 4 years, so YES! :D

lol deal

Gardner McKay 10-19-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSutton (Post 38157293)
Insinuation = Speculation

Explain this if you don't mind...

DrSutton* 10-19-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolskii (Post 38157453)
Explain this if you don't mind...

I asked for facts. He said Friedman insinuated Turris wanted a trade.
To me that's as good as speculation. And that's not what I asked for.

Look, I'm not dumb, I get that he probably wants out of Phoenix. But he has never come out and said it, and it really doesn't matter anyway because it's pretty obvious Maloney isn't trading him or it would have happened by now.

I Eat Crow 10-19-2011 03:46 PM

Don't see it working unless Phoenix takes Wolski back, which is 100% not happening.

Trxjw 10-19-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith (Post 38157215)

He could be asking for that much in an effort to facilitate a trade. Meaning he might sign with another team for a reasonable price.

However, Bob is right. The asking price is going to be steep, and we can't afford to pay it.

FutureGM97 10-19-2011 03:50 PM

Don't forget you will still have to sign Turris if you trade for him...the kid has talent and the ability to be a significant player as he showed in the playoffs last year. The kid is a sniper and could do better on the wing with a setup man. Not really sure what PHX would want but I am assuming that Anisimov and 2nd round pick would be a starting point and would go up from there.

JeffMangum 10-19-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 38157895)
He could be asking for that much in an effort to facilitate a trade. Meaning he might sign with another team for a reasonable price.

Worded it kind of oddly, but that's what the last part of my post tried to say. LOL.

Quote:

However, Bob is right. The asking price is going to be steep, and we can't afford to pay it.
Agreed.

I'd rather go for Doan, personally. ;)

Inferno 10-19-2011 04:03 PM

MDZ....a defenseman....has more points than Turris in the same amount of games played. How does he help us?