HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   TSN: Teams asking about Bourque (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1009109)

Skobel24 10-19-2011 03:27 PM

Teams asking about Bourque
 
Was at lunch, watching TSN in the restaurant, and they mentioned some teams were asking about him. Ill try to find a confirming link.

Thoughts? Possibly clearing space for a center? Even if this is the case, who would be available?

Edit: Found
http://twitter.com/#!/darrendreger

Johnny Hoxville 10-19-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel24 (Post 38156991)
Was at lunch, watching TSN in the restaurant, and they mentioned some teams were asking about him. Ill try to find a confirming link.

Thoughts? Possibly clearing space for a center? Even if this is the case, who would be available?

Edit: Found
http://twitter.com/#!/darrendreger

I think moving Jokinen is more of a cap clearing move. Bourque could be a key cog in landing a top line centre, or the assets we get from him could be flipped to get one. I do have to say that it sounds pretty much like something big imminent.

neo45 10-19-2011 04:27 PM

People may not like hearing this, but Bourque is expendable. He isn't playing in the top 6 right now and had an awful year last year. The Flames should try to trade him for an offensive center while they can.

I like Rene but he has some awful nights.

MarkGio 10-19-2011 04:48 PM

As per Bob Mckenzie twitter: Raitis Ivanans put on waivers

MarkGio 10-19-2011 05:06 PM

Between Dreger, Bruce Garrioch (speculating Stajan, Hagman, Moss or Jokinen), and ESPN reporting trade rumors, I imagine something is one the horizon.

Steve Macfarlane from the Calgary sun said the rumors are designed to motivate Bourque.

Other key Rumors surrounding the possibility of Calgary landing a top line center man is that both Columbus & Tampa Bay are in the markets.

Stewie Griffin 10-19-2011 05:52 PM

Just because teams are asking about him, doesn't necessarily make him available.

Still, the minimum I expect in return is a 2nd round pick and a warm body who hasn't reached his potential. (I originally typed young player but that sounded creepy)

Or maybe to Columbus for Umberger?

MarkGio 10-19-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo45 (Post 38159463)
People may not like hearing this, but Bourque is expendable. He isn't playing in the top 6 right now and had an awful year last year. The Flames should try to trade him for an offensive center while they can.

I like Rene but he has some awful nights.

Because of Calgary's depth of wingers, you could argue that there is no top 6, rather a top 9. On the market, Rene Bourque is a top 6 forward in the NHL

neo45 10-19-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 38163487)
Because of Calgary's depth of wingers, you could argue that there is no top 6, rather a top 9. On the market, Rene Bourque is a top 6 forward in the NHL

I agree, I meant more in the sense that he is on the flames 2b line and can likely be replaced. I think Backlund, Morrison, or Hagman can be suitable for that roll if Borque is moved for a suitable #1C.

Tanguay - ???? - Iggy
Glenx - Jokinen - Moss
Hagman/Bmo/Backlund - Bmo/Backlund - Stempniak
Kost. - Stajan - Jackman

So ya, if the opportunity arises to move Bourque for a good centre the Flames should do it

hockeyfreak12 10-19-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo45 (Post 38170427)
I agree, I meant more in the sense that he is on the flames 2b line and can likely be replaced. I think Backlund, Morrison, or Hagman can be suitable for that roll if Borque is moved for a suitable #1C.

Tanguay - ???? - Iggy
Glenx - Jokinen - Moss
Hagman/Bmo/Backlund - Bmo/Backlund - Stempniak
Kost. - Stajan - Jackman

So ya, if the opportunity arises to move Bourque for a good centre the Flames should do it

i love borque but i totally agree

MarkGio 10-19-2011 09:06 PM

I think the Flames should be patient on any moves and wait to see what kind of chemistry the top line generates with Backlund in the line-up. If Backlund can't become a "Zajac"-type centreman between Iggy & Tanguay, then maybe the Flames should move guys like Borque or Moss. The problem with being patient is that the Flames need to win games in the mean time. Backlund isn't expected to be in the line-up until mid-November, and if they play under .500 hockey between now and then, chances are the Flames are going to have another season battling for the 9th to 10th spot.

MarkGio 10-20-2011 02:28 PM

Eklund is now blogging on the subject; claiming that Glencross is really the one generating interest:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...rigger/1/39032

Next to Nick Kypreos, all the major "insiders" have suggested that the Flames are in the market to make some moves.

I Hate Chris Butler 10-20-2011 02:33 PM

If Feaster trades Bourque for a "#1 centre" (which you know damn well it won't be), I'll become a freaking Oiler fan. Let Backlund be that #1 and stop ****ing up the team more than it already has.

Janko Unchained 10-20-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster (Post 38201777)
If Feaster trades Bourque for a "#1 centre" (which you know damn well it won't be), I'll become a freaking Oiler fan. Let Backlund be that #1 and stop ****ing up the team more than it already has.

Become an Oiler fan? I hope you're not serious...

MarkGio 10-20-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster (Post 38201777)
If Feaster trades Bourque for a "#1 centre" (which you know damn well it won't be), I'll become a freaking Oiler fan. Let Backlund be that #1 and stop ****ing up the team more than it already has.

Ya... that's just blasphemy.

Northern Neighbour 10-20-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 38201541)
Eklund is now blogging on the subject; claiming that Glencross is really the one generating interest:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...rigger/1/39032

Next to Nick Kypreos, all the major "insiders" have suggested that the Flames are in the market to make some moves.

Glencross just signed his new contract in May and he has a NMC. He's not going anywhere, and I would be surprised if Feaster even considered trading him this year.

Johnny Hoxville 10-20-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour (Post 38203871)
Glencross just signed his new contract in May and he has a NMC. He's not going anywhere, and I would be surprised if Feaster even considered trading him this year.

Exactly.

Bourque would bring in a package slightly better return than Penner IMO (Tuebert, 1st round pick and a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick). Thats a pretty return good actually, and he doesn't even need to move him right away which is the nice thing. He can use from now up until the deadline to drive up his price. If he doesn't get an offer that is considered a very good one or benefits us, then he does not need to be traded, simple as that.

MarkGio 10-20-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 38204311)
Exactly.

Bourque would bring in a package slightly better return than Penner IMO (Tuebert, 1st round pick and a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick). Thats a pretty return good actually, and he doesn't even need to move him right away which is the nice thing. He can use from now up until the deadline to drive up his price. If he doesn't get an offer that is considered a very good one or benefits us, then he does not need to be traded, simple as that.

That price might drop if Bourque doesn't play well. A good GM knows when to sell high and buy low, and given that Bourque is still young-ish, coming off back-to-back 27 goal campaigns, his value is pretty high. If his play starts deteriorating, then maybe trading Bourque is an option worth exploring.

BigTree92 10-20-2011 04:40 PM

I would like to see this. Bourque is on the 3rd line and could be a top-6er on most teams. I think it would be best to trade him for a solid prospect and/or picks.

Medium Rare* 10-20-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour (Post 38203871)
Glencross just signed his new contract in May and he has a NMC. He's not going anywhere, and I would be surprised if Feaster even considered trading him this year.

That doesn't mean teams aren't asking about him, "generating interest" doesn't mean Feaster is shopping him, it just means teams are inquiring.

Janks 10-20-2011 05:22 PM

I'm thinking Feaster is taking his time to see all the offers that come in for Bourque. I think he and management have a timeline set in their heads and if the team doesn't have xx amount of wins by xx date then we will see many faces moved including Bork.

flamesfever 10-20-2011 05:49 PM

Feaster's doing his job here and that is determining the value of his assets and attempting to improve the team. The Flames didn't come out of gates and play like "every game matters"...more like "one period a game matters"

He should be looking around at the value of some of these players and i don't think its just happenstance that it leaked out.

Xelstyle 10-20-2011 09:08 PM

Certainly doubt that Bourque would be packaged with anything of worth unless you're getting one hell of a deal. The value just isn't there for anything that we would be able to part with and stay competitive.

tfong 10-21-2011 02:05 AM

You guys can call me crazy but the first thing I thought about when moving Bourque was Turris.

Turris rights for Bourque straight up?

HoshiBlitz 10-21-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfong (Post 38247111)
You guys can call me crazy but the first thing I thought about when moving Bourque was Turris.

Turris rights for Bourque straight up?

I think Phoenix would win in that deal. Should be conditional draft picks coming to us.

Johnny Hoxville 10-21-2011 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfong (Post 38247111)
You guys can call me crazy but the first thing I thought about when moving Bourque was Turris.

Turris rights for Bourque straight up?

Turris would need to be signed to a contract first if we did that. I would move Bourque for Turris, but not straight up. Phoenix would need to add IMO. If they threw in a 2nd, I would sign off on it.

That would be pretty cool to have Backlund AND Turris on our team. In fact I really like this idea! That would be a potential great tandem to have down the middle for a long, long time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.