HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: NSH vs. VAN "Night Shift" 9:00 PM CST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1009717)

BigFatCat999 10-20-2011 06:18 AM

NSH vs. VAN "Night Shift" 9:00 PM CST

Little Commodores this morning for you. The kiddie kats vs. The mother Canuckers. Mods clean this up as you please. We need a team effort and I'm limping on my iPhone since my lappy has 'worstfaceoffmanuver-itis'

kypredsfan 10-20-2011 06:57 AM

I'm glad I leave the house at 10:30pm for work so I won't miss the 2nd half of the beatdown we're gonna receive.

Top 6 Spaling 10-20-2011 09:11 AM

My high school pulled out a victory in our season opener last night. Hopefully the preds follow our example.

mmcdonald11987 10-20-2011 09:15 AM

this might just be the coffee talking :help:, but I feel a Preds win coming tonight. I feel like if the team doesn't wake up after that crappy game on Monday night, then they never will. Hoping to see a much better effort tonight, for as long as I can stay awake, of course.

Go Preds!!! The sky isn't falling yet! :yo:

and this is for Craig Smith:

AtlantaWhaler 10-20-2011 09:21 AM

Looks like Bergy is in and Erat is still out. Cal and Horny nursing injuries, but will play. Fisher STILL out. We're like a damn MASH unit. Hopefully, the strong words after the Oilers game hits home.

GO PREDS!

Top 6 Spaling 10-20-2011 09:25 AM

I really hope Smithson wears the C for this one with Legwand and Rinne as As. I know, I'm crazy.

My hope:

Wilson-Legwand-Smith
Kostitsyn-Geoffrion-Hornqvist
Tootoo-Smithson-Spailing
Halischuk-ORLY-Bergfors

Weber-Laakso
Suter-Ekholm
Klein-Blum

Split Webs and Sutes as a wake up call and add balance to our D pairings.

gopreds19 10-20-2011 09:37 AM

Please win.

AdmiralsFan24 10-20-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmcdonald11987 (Post 38189655)
and this is for Craig Smith:

I think he might appreciate this one more.

mmcdonald11987 10-20-2011 09:56 AM

yeah, probably so...I didn't dig too deep for that one.

Roman Yoshi 10-20-2011 10:26 AM

Take a deep breath.

Wednesday's Lines:

White: Kostitsyn Spaling - Smith

Grey: Halischuk Legwand - Wilson

Yellow: Smithson Geoffrion - Tootoo

Burgundy: McGrattan - Bergfors

Hornqvist with a maintenance day I suspect... but still. Spaling has in no way earned playing time with Smith and SK. This is suicide. Geoffrion has earned that spot.

Roman Yoshi 10-20-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds9 (Post 38189583)
My high school pulled out a victory in our season opener last night. Hopefully the preds follow our example.

Score?

TMI 10-20-2011 11:31 AM

You know what the best part about the team playing so terribly is? I go into tonight with no expectations of victory. No illusions of grandeur. You know what the worst part about tonight's game is? We have to see those *****, whining, diving, ******** Canucks on our TVs for 60(+) minutes of hockey...

I hate the Canucks almost as much as I hate their very vocal minority of naive, cocksure-for-absolutely-no-*******-reason fans. I picture all of those *******s to look and act like this...

http://24wired.tv/wp-content/uploads...166.jpg?cda6c1

Too scrawny to do anything. Too young and dumb to realize it.

(This does not apply to the large amount of decent Canucks fans, especially those who come through wishing us good luck and hoping for a good game. I know you all exist around here. It just takes a strong stomach to wade through all of the sewage to find you. Good fans are always welcome :) )

Faktion 10-20-2011 11:40 AM

One game closer to drafting Yakupov.

TMI 10-20-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faktion (Post 38194513)
One game closer to drafting Murray.

Edited to fit Poile's drafting style :naughty:

Faktion 10-20-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 38194575)
Edited to fit Poile's drafting style :naughty:

Sadly, I can see that happening. :thumbd:

token grinder 10-20-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 38191681)
Take a deep breath.

Wednesday's Lines:

White: Kostitsyn Spaling - Smith

Grey: Halischuk Legwand - Wilson

Yellow: Smithson Geoffrion - Tootoo

Burgundy: McGrattan - Bergfors

Hornqvist with a maintenance day I suspect... but still. Spaling has in no way earned playing time with Smith and SK. This is suicide. Geoffrion has earned that spot.

what exactly has geoffrion earned? nobody outside of the legwand and wilson combo has done jack. We have 2 lines we have to shut down tonight, the kesler line and the sister line. I feel better trying to protect our rookies on three seperate lines. This is what we have. the 2 girls may not have a cup, but they had 6 victories over us last year. Need to do something different.

Roman Yoshi 10-20-2011 11:46 AM

Spaling can't keep up with them on his own... putting him with SK and Smith is going to cause so many match up problems.

I would rather have

Kostitsyn Geoffrion Hornqvist/Bergfors
Smith Legwand Wilson
Halischuk O'Reilly Bergfors (the doesn't play much line)
Spaling Smithson tootoo (shutdown line)

Bam Bam has been all over the ice, throwing his body around night in and night out. He has created many more opportunities than Spaling has. Plus I think he matches up to Kesler better.

Seth Lake 10-20-2011 12:09 PM

The lineup for Tuesday's practice is likely the one we'll see tonight:

Halischuk - Legwand - Wilson
Kostitsyn - Spaling - Hornqvist
Geoffrion - Smithson - Tootoo
Smith - O'Reilly - Bergfors

After his empassioned words the other night and since he'll likely start against one of the two lines we want to shutdown tonight, I'd start the Smithson line with the instructions to get every puck deep, finish every hit on the forecheck, and the puck goes to the net with traffic at every opportunity. If the puck gets chipped out, no regroup with possession, quick D to D pass to give the forwards time to recoil, then the puck goes deep and the body banging continues.

Gotta get some protected starts for the 4th line. Will likely try to roll four lines as much as possible, but need to stay out of the box to do that...

maplepred 10-20-2011 12:27 PM

I don't get why bergfors keeps getting lined up with mcgrattan, smithson, o'reilly, etc. No wonder people are complaining about his production!

I say we let him play with fellow swede Hornqvist and Legwand at centre. Give him a real shot at putting up offense

Top 6 Spaling 10-20-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 38191863)
Score?

7-5 against (arguably) the preseason favorite. we were outshot 40-19.

Pre-season favorite.....outshot...this could be the preds!

glenngineer 10-20-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 38194745)
Spaling can't keep up with them on his own... putting him with SK and Smith is going to cause so many match up problems.

I would rather have

Kostitsyn Geoffrion Hornqvist/Bergfors
Smith Legwand Wilson
Halischuk O'Reilly Bergfors (the doesn't play much line)
Spaling Smithson tootoo (shutdown line)

Bam Bam has been all over the ice, throwing his body around night in and night out. He has created many more opportunities than Spaling has. Plus I think he matches up to Kesler better.

The problem with Bam Bam on Kesler is speed. Kesler will eat him alive. Geoffrion does not have the wheels to keep up with Kesler. You also forget SK isn't bad defensively and he's bought into the system. Spaling and SK would be fine defensively together if matched against the Sedins or Kesler's line.

CdnFlyersFan 10-20-2011 12:51 PM

Flyers fan coming in peace...when do you think Lindback gets a start? Or does Rinne never rest / never sleeps? lol

Roman Yoshi 10-20-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 38197069)
The problem with Bam Bam on Kesler is speed. Kesler will eat him alive. Geoffrion does not have the wheels to keep up with Kesler. You also forget SK isn't bad defensively and he's bought into the system. Spaling and SK would be fine defensively together if matched against the Sedins or Kesler's line.

While this is true, Kesler is still recovering from his injury and hasn't really played in a while. I would feel better with Bam Bam on him because Spaling is going to get pushed around physically.

Fisher where are you buddy!

glenngineer 10-20-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joetimo (Post 38197507)
While this is true, Kesler is still recovering from his injury and hasn't really played in a while. I would feel better with Bam Bam on him because Spaling is going to get pushed around physically.

Fisher where are you buddy!

Read what Trotz said about Kesler. He's feeling fine and flying out there. Could make for a long night. Also, to defend doesn't mean you have to be physical. Lidstrom and Suter do just fine without ever laying big hits or bodies on someone. Positioning is key with a guy like Kesler.

Roman Yoshi 10-20-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 38197821)
Read what Trotz said about Kesler. He's feeling fine and flying out there. Could make for a long night. Also, to defend doesn't mean you have to be physical. Lidstrom and Suter do just fine without ever laying big hits or bodies on someone. Positioning is key with a guy like Kesler.

While true, I would rather see Kesler on his ass a lot rather than having Spaling try to skate with him. Just my 2.0 cents.