HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Kimmy Johnsson shines... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=101007)

Teezax 08-31-2004 02:36 PM

Kimmy Johnsson shines...

2 points in game 1 (1G 1A), this guy is really coming into his own..

Yertle The Turtle 08-31-2004 02:38 PM

Very good game by Johnson Cant wait to see him with the flyers next season ( Whenver that is)

adurn 08-31-2004 03:01 PM

He had a puck jump over his stick which led to a shorthanded goal. I don't know if it was caused by bad ice or just a misplay. Salo looked like he was having a seizure trying to save the shot, though.

He made the perfect pinch on his goal. A Swede was tied up in front of the net and he creeped up behind the pile and took a beautiful pass and potted it.

flyrfan 08-31-2004 03:17 PM

Yeah, he played a terrific game.

flyersrock1 09-01-2004 09:24 AM

He is ready to make the next step. Him alone will make the Lindros trade a steal for Philly.

Toonces 09-01-2004 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersrock1
Him alone will make the Lindros trade a steal for Philly.

He was a steal.

I don't know a single Ranger fan who isn't screaming bloody murder about losing him.

GKJ 09-01-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces
He was a steal.

I don't know a single Ranger fan who isn't screaming bloody murder about losing him.

being that they don't have Lindros anymore either...

Kim Johnsson had a pretty goal. He and Ohlund will anchor this Swedish defense for quite a few years to come (hopefully in World Cups and Olympics and not World Championships ;)). Maybe Hitchcock can take a page from the Swedes because Johnsson is rarely down low like that.

Sundin also had a wicked goal

Jester 09-01-2004 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
being that they don't have Lindros anymore either...

nothing to do but laugh at JV Jersey...

GKJ 09-01-2004 10:20 AM

While he had a good game, let's not forget that this is Germany...

flyersrock1 09-02-2004 08:32 PM

Quote:

While he had a good game, let's not forget that this is Germany...

Germany is not the sad teams of the 90's. They are starting to get NHL players. It use to be the whole team was made of kids from Upper Canada who could not get pass the AHL. Those days are gone.

GKJ 09-02-2004 10:47 PM

Quote:

Germany is not the sad teams of the 90's. They are starting to get NHL players. It use to be the whole team was made of kids from Upper Canada who could not get pass the AHL. Those days are gone.

This I know all too well, but these are mostly players who can't get into the NHL still, and this is still all NHL+ talent. They are keeping the games close, I see this, they will not get embarassed, however the talent is still lacking. They only have 6 NHL players, 2 of which are proven NHL regulars (besides Kolzig). They're getting better, they're not a push over, but they are the 8th team in this tournament....

RJ8812 09-03-2004 01:08 AM

Quote:

He is ready to make the next step. Him alone will make the Lindros trade a steal for Philly.

plus we got Brendl, who led to Kapanen, who's an unsung hero for us

flyersrock1 09-03-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Flyers_
plus we got Brendl, who led to Kapanen, who's an unsung hero for us

After last years playoffs he is not unsung anymore.

flyersrock1 09-03-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

This I know all too well, but these are mostly players who can't get into the NHL still, and this is still all NHL+ talent. They are keeping the games close, I see this, they will not get embarassed, however the talent is still lacking. They only have 6 NHL players, 2 of which are proven NHL regulars (besides Kolzig). They're getting better, they're not a push over, but they are the 8th team in this tournament....

With Kolzig in net they can win any game. With Salo in net you can lose any game.