HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brandon Saad-4 goals 1 assist tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1010355)

shello 10-20-2011 09:38 PM

Brandon Saad-4 goals 1 assist tonight

Wow, great game. Looks even more like a steal to the hawks now. Hope he keeps it up, always liked him as a prospect.

stingo 10-20-2011 09:39 PM

He also broke the record for most goals in one game. Or tied it. Either/or.

RomersWorld* 10-20-2011 09:59 PM

Wow.. loving this pick. So glad the Hawks got him.

Sevanston 10-20-2011 10:06 PM

2 PPG, 1 SHG (5-on-3), 1 ESG, and an assist

That's just ridiculous

HockeySensible 10-21-2011 09:33 AM

Watched the game. He scored each goal differently too. One was a laser of a wrist-shot, high blocker side. The next was on a semi-breakaway, backhand over the goalies glove, top cheese. The third was a deke on a break-away (During a 5-on-3 PK!) and the last was a jam play, five-hole.

He has 8 points in 3 games now. The leading scorer(s) for Saginaw have 12 points in 11 games.

AwesomePanthers 10-21-2011 09:54 AM

Trocheck setting him up;)

Good start for Saad, he fell way to far. And I never agreed with the people calling him a floater either.

Andre Benoit Bawls 10-21-2011 09:58 AM

That's almost Mark Stone-esque :amazed:

Kulemon 10-21-2011 10:33 AM

hope he can finally be consistent.

Happyhary9 10-21-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulemon (Post 38254663)
hope he can finally be consistent.

I still think the whole consistent thing is being blown out of proportion a little. While yes he is a young kid and consistency can be a issue for a lot of young kids, due remember his scoring dropped just as he was injured as well.

brtriad 10-21-2011 11:46 AM

A positive of him being sent back is that he can showcase his skills in the WJC.

committedindian86 10-21-2011 11:53 AM

The prospect pipeline is looking mighty strong for the Hawks. I hope we can somehow keep up the Detroit model.

Biz Nasty 10-21-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers (Post 38253413)
Trocheck setting him up;)

Good start for Saad, he fell way to far. And I never agreed with the people calling him a floater either.

One Pittsburgh boy to another...good to see local guys flourishing.

If not for Joe Morrow being amazing, I think you'd hear a lot more grumbling from Pens fans about not taking Saad as he most certainly was the alternative to picking Morrow.

Lottery Oilers* 10-21-2011 01:07 PM

Did Chicago draft Saad with Toronto's pick?

Systemfel 10-21-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottery Oilers (Post 38260279)

They acquired it from Toronto, but the pick originally belonged to Calgary.

Flat Stanley 10-21-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biz Nasty (Post 38259357)
One Pittsburgh boy to another...good to see local guys flourishing.

If not for Joe Morrow being amazing, I think you'd hear a lot more grumbling from Pens fans about not taking Saad as he most certainly was the alternative to picking Morrow.

This.

Glad Saad is doing well, and glad to see 2 Pittsburgh boys getting the job done.

I would have liked Saad, but in reality, Joe Morrow made more sense because we traded a young PMD in Alex Goligoski who could have been a top 4 defenseman for us, for a young top 6 winger in James Neal, plus Matt Niskanen who is an awesome 5th defenseman for us right now. We had to replace what Goligoski brought to the team and Morrow can do that and more.

To put it simply, I think if the Penguins never made the trade with Dallas, Saad would have went 23rd overall instead of 43rd overall.

conroy675 10-21-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik (Post 38261319)
This.

Glad Saad is doing well, and glad to see 2 Pittsburgh boys getting the job done.

I would have liked Saad, but in reality, Joe Morrow made more sense because we traded a young PMD in Alex Goligoski who could have been a top 4 defenseman for us, for a young top 6 winger in James Neal, plus Matt Niskanen who is an awesome 5th defenseman for us right now. We had to replace what Goligoski brought to the team and Morrow can do that and more.

To put it simply, I think if the Penguins never made the trade with Dallas, Saad would have went 23rd overall instead of 43rd overall.

Couldn't agree more! Glad to see another Pittsburgh guy doing well. Hope to see him have a strong career with the Blackhawks in the future!

Hawkster 10-21-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottery Oilers (Post 38260279)

As has been posted the pick was Calgary's but aquired from Toronto.

It was part of the deal which sent Toronto's 2010 2nd rounder back to them so they could complete the move for Kessel.

Kid Canesten 10-21-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik (Post 38261319)
This.

im not going to pretend like i know much about the pens prospects, but just curious if one of you guys could answer this: why didnt pittsburgh look at puempel? we always hear talk of how if malkin or crosby had a scoring winger, the possibilities would be endless. keep in mind, i do understand puempel was coming off an injury plagued season and that hurt his stock.

but i did like the joe morrow pick though

Biz Nasty 10-21-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Canesten (Post 38265185)
im not going to pretend like i know much about the pens prospects, but just curious if one of you guys could answer this: why didnt pittsburgh look at puempel? we always hear talk of how if malkin or crosby had a scoring winger, the possibilities would be endless. keep in mind, i do understand puempel was coming off an injury plagued season and that hurt his stock.

but i did like the joe morrow pick though

In Shero's estimation, the value of a PMD is higher than that of a winger in the position we were drafting. As was proven with the Goligoski trade, a young, smooth skating PMD with offensive ability is worth his weight in gold in the new NHL and given the Pens up-tempo style of play, a guy like that is vital to our game plan. At some point it's going to be too expensive to keep both Letang and Martin, so having guys like Morrow and Despres waiting in the wings is a great asset to a team that relies on quick puck movement from he back end.

Would we have loved to get Saad/Puempel? Absolutely..if you go back to the Draft thread on our board, basically everyone and their mother assumed it was Saad leading up to the pick. In the end, we're all just the morons who spend hours talking about this stuff on the internet...I'll let Shero, Bylsma, and co. do their job as it has worked pretty well so far, especially given the wizardry we've seen from Morrow thus far. By all accounts, Saad is a great kid with enormous offensive upside...Chicago's a great organization so I have no doubt he will be riding shotgun with Toews/Kane sooner rather than later.

Bryanbryoil 10-21-2011 11:11 PM

Weak draft :sarcasm:

Blackhawkswincup 10-22-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massivegoonery (Post 38264093)
I don't think Toronto's 2nd had anything to do with the Kessel deal other than speculation that Burke was preparing an offer sheet.

I thought Burke wanted it back because Bruins wanted it? Burke has always spoken out against offer sheets

Hawks sent the 2nd back to Leafs to complete Kessel trade ,, We got the Flames 2011 2nd + Leafs 2011 3rd

Hawkaholic 10-22-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 38290389)
I thought Burke wanted it back because Bruins wanted it? Burke has always spoken out against offer sheets

Hawks sent the 2nd back to Leafs to complete Kessel trade ,, We got the Flames 2011 2nd + Leafs 2011 3rd

So that's Michael Paliotta then. ?

WarriorofTime 10-22-2011 12:00 PM

Without having seen a single game of his last year, I'm going to speculate that he did poorly in the second half due to the injury. He has lit it up since getting drafted and is playing like he has something to prove. This kid is playing like the top 10 pick he was projected to be. Without getting ahead of ourselves, this kid is looking like he has major steal potential. He was the Hawks 4th pick in the draft and looks by far the best.

Blackhawkswincup 10-22-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 38294583)
So that's Michael Paliotta then. ?

Yep , That is who Hawks took with Leafs 3rd

cheesed-off* 10-23-2011 07:11 AM

That maakes me haapy.