HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TSN: Kerry Fraser - Boston got away with thuggery during playoffs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1010425)

MaritimeHockeyNut 10-20-2011 11:36 PM

Kerry Fraser - Boston got away with thuggery during playoffs

Didnt see this anywhere so i'll post it. If it was and i missed it, move or delete thread

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=378544

This is the part I have a problem with

"You most appropriately described the reason that the Boston Bruins took themselves out of the game Tuesday night and lost to the Carolina Hurricanes by the score of 4-1. Beyond playing like the 'Big Bad Bruins' of old, they were utterly and completely UNDISCIPLINED and have no one to blame but themselves for the loss!

While that style of play might have been allowed on many nights in the late seventies, eighties (and to a lesser degree on occasion during the Stanley Cup playoffs and through the Final last season) I don't believe it will fly this year. Unless the B's can muster some discipline to combine with their aggressive attack I can assure you that their penalty killers will log more ice time than their first line unit; that is if the referees continue to do their job, as Wes McCauley and Paul Devorski did on Tuesday night." -TSN Karry Fraser

So is Kerry saying the Bruins used 'thuggery' and "undisiplined" play to win the cup and the officials let the bruins get away with it? Is he actually attacking the refs saying that they where bias in their penalty calling last year in bostons favor? Dunno... Just thought it wierd that he would outwardly attack the refs officiating last year.

patty59 10-20-2011 11:37 PM

There's a reason he was forced into retirement and he didn't get to work the playoffs in his last seasons.

He's got a major axe to grind. Look at all the ex-refs who have gone on to continue working in the League, meanwhile Fraser isn't even a supervisor. They pushed him out and he's ********

22Brad Park 10-20-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut (Post 38239777)
Didnt see this anywhere so i'll post it. If it was and i missed it, move or delete thread

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=378544

This is the part I have a problem with

"You most appropriately described the reason that the Boston Bruins took themselves out of the game Tuesday night and lost to the Carolina Hurricanes by the score of 4-1. Beyond playing like the 'Big Bad Bruins' of old, they were utterly and completely UNDISCIPLINED and have no one to blame but themselves for the loss!

While that style of play might have been allowed on many nights in the late seventies, eighties (and to a lesser degree on occasion during the Stanley Cup playoffs and through the Final last season) I don't believe it will fly this year. Unless the B's can muster some discipline to combine with their aggressive attack I can assure you that their penalty killers will log more ice time than their first line unit; that is if the referees continue to do their job, as Wes McCauley and Paul Devorski did on Tuesday night." -TSN Karry Fraser

So is Kerry saying the Bruins used 'thuggery' and "undisiplined" play to win the cup and the officials let the bruins get away with it? Is he actually attacking the refs saying that they where bias in their penalty calling last year in bostons favor? Dunno... Just thought it wierd that he would outwardly attack the refs officiating last year.

I said for yrs he was crooked in Bruins games,This just confirms to me he hates them,And every ref was a child at one time and loved and hated other teams.Now i know.

ed bruin 10-20-2011 11:39 PM

very unprofessional statement, it honestly sounded like a HF post...

BruinsBtn 10-20-2011 11:40 PM

Who cares? He probably didn't even watch the game, just like 99% of the posters on the main board thread.

Ludwig Fell Down 10-20-2011 11:41 PM

Kerry Fraser: Still trying to be the lead story in the NHL playoffs. Not sure why anyone gives him a blog or a microphone.

Bridges31 10-20-2011 11:42 PM

Apparently diving and biting is acceptable. Physical play is just thuggery though...

Yeah that makes sense to me. If the NHL ever takes his advice on this, I'm going to stop watching all together.

Greyhounds 10-20-2011 11:43 PM

Very limited examples of things going that far in the finals, Marchand's repeated jabs at Sedin being one, and the game was already decided at that point.

If they're going to point to the finals, they also have to mention things like finger biting.

patty59 10-20-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyhounds (Post 38240323)
Very limited examples of things going that far in the finals, Marchand's repeated jabs at Sedin being one, and the game was already decided at that point.

If they're going to point to the finals, they also have to mention things like finger biting.

It's not a shot at the Bruins or their style. There's an undertone and it's pointed at the officials who worked the finals and Gregson/Walkom for pushing him out.

patty59 10-20-2011 11:47 PM

Anyone who watched those games know they didn't get away with anything any other team did.

ToddRundgren 10-20-2011 11:49 PM

Lol. The excuses and crying never stop, do they?

dafoomie 10-20-2011 11:49 PM

I bet Paul Stewart wouldn't agree with any of this.

Dojji* 10-20-2011 11:52 PM

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.c...281837cl-8.jpg

WestCoastBruinsFan 10-20-2011 11:58 PM

The Canuckleheads along with Jeff Skinner and His Carolina group are getting away with something that is actually hurting the game. Make that the story.

plemur 10-21-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

On the ensuing end zone faceoff, the Bruins won the draw back to the point. I was still the trailing referee at the blue line in front of the visitors' bench. The inside Sabre forward started to skate to the point and was "touched" by the stick of a Bruin. I immediately raised my arm and called an interference penalty. That, my friends was an even-up call. I felt horrible about making it but nobody yelled or complained about the penalty even though everyone knew what had just taken place. Believe me when I tell you, "making up is hard to do.

(http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=364984)
That's Fraser's own words about a Bruins game he officiated. His ref partner that night called a penalty when a Bruins player "toepicked" on a wraparound (his claim, which coming from Fraser probably means it's a flat out lie) so Fraser decided to call a penalty on the Bruins to "even it up."

What a disgrace.

Sam the Lion 10-21-2011 12:18 AM

"While that style of play might have been allowed on many nights in the late seventies, eighties (and to a lesser degree on occasion during the Stanley Cup playoffs and through the Final last season) I don't believe it will fly this year." . . .
I absolutely will not discredit him for his statement. I believe him.
There was a very large contingent of the NHL fanbase (especially MON, PHI, TBL, and VAN . . . maybe DAL) that found our beloved B's' overtly aggressive, physically attritive, and dominant style of play to be unacceptable thuggery - and there will be games that are officiated with that prejudice in mind. It IS reality, and I'm glad Kerry Fraser put it out there.
Fortunately, these B's can skate with pretty much anybody. They are big and physical . . . but also skilled, smart, and fast. If my beloved B's play smart, disciplined hockey, . . . this is not even a speedbump.

Dojji* 10-21-2011 12:29 AM

Fortunately in the playoffs the refs officiate with the whistles in their pockets. They can call what they like in the first 82, we know the playoffs are geared towards our game (or vice versa) so it's all good.

RussellmaniaKW 10-21-2011 12:33 AM

I guess crime does pay.

dafoomie 10-21-2011 12:34 AM

They act as if playoff hockey hasn't been playoff hockey for the last 90 years. Its always been a war, always been vicious, no matter what these finesse teams built for post lockout regular season hockey may think.

Dojji* 10-21-2011 12:40 AM

It's winner take all. If you can do something to win and you don't because you're worried what someone thinks of you, GTFO and go home. Even Kessel knew that when he was here.

KnightofBoston 10-21-2011 12:42 AM

I care, so much

BubbaBoot 10-21-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rouxsterre (Post 38243081)
"While that style of play might have been allowed on many nights in the late seventies, eighties (and to a lesser degree on occasion during the Stanley Cup playoffs and through the Final last season) I don't believe it will fly this year." . . .
I absolutely will not discredit him for his statement. I believe him.
There was a very large contingent of the NHL fanbase (especially MON, PHI, TBL, and VAN . . . maybe DAL) that found our beloved B's' overtly aggressive, physically attritive, and dominant style of play to be unacceptable thuggery - and there will be games that are officiated with that prejudice in mind. It IS reality, and I'm glad Kerry Fraser put it out there.
Fortunately, these B's can skate with pretty much anybody. They are big and physical . . . but also skilled, smart, and fast. If my beloved B's play smart, disciplined hockey, . . . this is not even a speedbump.

Philly fans? Calling the ketlle black there.....hell, if there's any fans that are more over the top than B's fans, it's them.

Kerry Fraser is a tool......my most hated referee. Anyone can go back to any of my posts over the years whenever officiating is mentioned and they'll see that I have no love for this putz. An arrogant and inconsistent SOB who called some of the most bewildering penalties in the history of the NHL.

Dogberry 10-21-2011 12:56 AM

Kerry Fraser, Primadonna-in-Chief of referees crying about physical hockey? Say it ain't so.

Colt.45Orr 10-21-2011 01:06 AM

One of the worst officials in the history of hockey has a comment to make about the Bruins? Whhhhhhhooooooooooo cares.

edit: thanks for posting the link, I just mean I don't care about his bs personal opinion.

Neely08 10-21-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr (Post 38245903)
One of the worst officials in the history of hockey has a comment to make about the Bruins? Whhhhhhhooooooooooo cares.

edit: thanks for posting the link, I just mean I don't care about his bs personal opinion.

Now what would make you say something like that?

If the Bruins weren't an exceptionally disciplined team 99.9% of the time; Downey, Rome, and Burrows would probably be waking up from their respective comas right a/b now.

Chara is one of the most disciplined players I have ever watched. The garbage that guy tolerates, and w/ the ref standing there just waiting to call something on him the second he reacts, is absolutely disgusting. And, the epitome of what is wrong w/ officiating in the game today. The Claude Lemuiexs' of the game now have carte' blanche, stand up hard working players are punished.

Add that the players don't know what constitutes a penalty 5 minutes from the next. Yeah, they're doing a great job, Kerry.

Please.