HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect Info: Beaulieu/Bournival/Elllis Team QMJHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1013019)

montreal 10-24-2011 12:40 PM

Beaulieu/Bournival/Elllis Team QMJHL
 
All 3 of Beaulieu, Bourinval and Ellis were named to Team QMJHL for the upcoming Subway Series U-20 tournament next month. Congrats to all 3 and nice to see Ellis there since the other two were locks.


Edit: Games for the Q are on the 7th and 9th of Nov.

neofury* 10-24-2011 12:42 PM

What about the world juniors? Any idea if Beaulieu is looking like a lock for that yet? I know at the start of the season he was looking like a #7?

chaosrevolver 10-24-2011 12:43 PM

Excellent news! Seems like Ellis is having a great start to his season. :handclap:

WeThreeKings 10-24-2011 12:45 PM

But what about Archambault!

chaosrevolver 10-24-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 38402953)
What about the world juniors? Any idea if Beaulieu is looking like a lock for that yet? I know at the start of the season he was looking like a #7?

He has a shot at 6 or 7. I would say there are 5 guys that are going to be hard to move out.

Gormley
Murphy
Murray
Siemens
Hamilton

Then maybe Oleksiak, Pysyk, Morrow, McIlrath, Beaulieu will be looking at those final two spots.

Clipitar 10-24-2011 12:48 PM

Ellis has been a favorite of mine, for some reason I'm not even sure I fully grasp.

I'm pleasantly surprised about his offensive numbers so far this year. If he turns out a more physical & offensive version of Josh Gorges, the scouting department will really have hit a homerun with that guy.

FrankMTL 10-24-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 38403031)
But what about Archambault!

He doesn't seem to be playing very well lately...

Protest the Hero 10-24-2011 12:55 PM

I know people are excited for Beaulieu but I think Ellis will be playing in the NHL before him. Maybe not a bold prediction considering he was drafted a year ahead of him, but he's only ~6-7 months older.

Paul Dipietro 10-24-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 38403233)
He doesn't seem to be playing very well lately...

I'm sure that a lot more people care about this than they did prior to training camp...

montreal 10-24-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 38403031)
But what about Archambault!

Next year perhaps.

ClasslessGuy 10-24-2011 01:12 PM

Bournival will not play

Ferg033 10-24-2011 01:17 PM

Thats great news that all 3 of them made the QMJHL team. I watched Ellis for the last 4 years with the Screaming Eagles. He was always good defensively and is by far the teams all around best player the last 3 years. Since he came back from training camp he seems almost a little cocky. He will try rushes, spinoramas, toe drags, one handed dekes etc. and it never works he ends up getting caught all the time. It seems like his game is his own end is suffering for it. I can't wait to watch some of these games to see how good he will be with talent around him and him hopefully knowing that he doesn't have to carry the team on his back and getting back to what he does best and that is smart positional hockey with very few mistakes

Clipitar 10-24-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferg033 (Post 38404343)
Thats great news that all 3 of them made the QMJHL team. I watched Ellis for the last 4 years with the Screaming Eagles. He was always good defensively and is by far the teams all around best player the last 3 years. Since he came back from training camp he seems almost a little cocky. He will try rushes, spinoramas, toe drags, one handed dekes etc. and it never works he ends up getting caught all the time. It seems like his game is his own end is suffering for it. I can't wait to watch some of these games to see how good he will be with talent around him and him hopefully knowing that he doesn't have to carry the team on his back and getting back to what he does best and that is smart positional hockey with very few mistakes

I think it's fine he tries out a bit more fanciness while he has bit of room to do so, even if it doesn't necessarily make him as efficient when shutting down opponents. At least it will help him figure out his strengths and limits on the offensive side of things and he will know what to leave out the rink once his game translates at the AHL level. He already knows he has what it takes to play a cerebral defensive game in my opinion.

SergeConstantin74 10-24-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 38403031)
But what about Archambault!

Archambault is the same player in Drummondville that he was in Val D'Or. A lot of skills but he plays alone and makes hissy fits when things don't go his way. He has never been a team player and probably never will be. He tries to do everything alone but rarely succeeds and he creates lots of turnovers.

If this non-nomination isn't a wake-up call for him, I wonder what could be.

montreal 10-24-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 38405581)
Archambault is the same player in Drummondville that he was in Val D'Or. A lot of skills but he plays alone and makes hissy fits when things don't go his way. He has never been a team player and probably never will be. He tries to do everything alone but rarely succeeds and he creates lots of turnovers.

If this non-nomination isn't a wake-up call for him, I wonder what could be.

Why would it be a wakeup call? I only saw him once but he didn't throw any hissy fits unless he saves those for after the game.

SergeConstantin74 10-24-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 38405807)
Why would it be a wakeup call? I only saw him once but he didn't throw any hissy fits unless he saves those for after the game.

Because he is better than some of the forwards invited.

Habs Icing 10-24-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMTL (Post 38403233)
He doesn't seem to be playing very well lately...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 38405581)
Archambault is the same player in Drummondville that he was in Val D'Or. A lot of skills but he plays alone and makes hissy fits when things don't go his way. He has never been a team player and probably never will be. He tries to do everything alone but rarely succeeds and he creates lots of turnovers.

If this non-nomination isn't a wake-up call for him, I wonder what could be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 38405927)
Because he is better than some of the forwards invited.

According to hockeydb

In 10 games played he has 6 goals 3 assists for a total of 9 points. That's a huge improvement over his last two years.

Negative side he's a -10.

SergeConstantin74 10-24-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 38409487)
According to hockeydb

In 10 games played he has 6 goals 3 assists for a total of 9 points. That's a huge improvement over his last two years.

Negative side he's a -10.

But that's far from impressive... Ans I'm talking about his game on the ice and his attitude, not his stats.

Didn't like the pick and still doesn't like it today. Still pissed that the Habs passed on Pageau who's the real deal.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 10-24-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 38409875)
But that's far from impressive... Ans I'm talking about his game on the ice and his attitude, not his stats.

Didn't like the pick and still doesn't like it today. Still pissed that the Habs passed on Pageau who's the real deal.

Pageau was picked exactly 1 pick before the Habs picked. I wanted him too, but Ottawa nabbed him. And for the record, I don't like Archie either ever since the Val D'Or deal.

Is Bournival healthy already? I thought they said he was out for longer.

NewHabsEra* 10-24-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 38409487)
According to hockeydb

In 10 games played he has 6 goals 3 assists for a total of 9 points. That's a huge improvement over his last two years.

Negative side he's a -10.

-10 is a hell of a bad stat, especially so early in the season..

bcv 10-24-2011 04:15 PM

Yep, Archambault is probably the most skilled prospect with the Habs, he can dangle with the best of them. He just need the right mindset. Some dangles he made in the pre-season, WOW! He could deke some D in a phone booth. BUT! As I said he looked really good while playing with pros. Maybe knowing that the other players can be trusted and he doesn't have to do everything by himself makes him pass the puck better. B

montreal 10-24-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument90 (Post 38411289)
Is Bournival healthy already? I thought they said he was out for longer.

He's not, he won't play as far as I know.

SergeConstantin74 10-24-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument90 (Post 38411289)
Pageau was picked exactly 1 pick before the Habs picked. I wanted him too, but Ottawa nabbed him. And for the record, I don't like Archie either ever since the Val D'Or deal.

Is Bournival healthy already? I thought they said he was out for longer.

Habs traded their 3rd round pick for 2 4th round picks. They could have had Pageau but they were dumb to think Ottawa wouldn't take the hometown kid...

Markowicz 10-24-2011 04:54 PM

Anyone know when the WHL and OHL teams will be picked?

MXD 10-24-2011 05:03 PM

- I saw Archambeault play two games in the Q. He played like crap. Skilled, but played like crap. There's no reason for him to be there.
- The plan was to pick Pageau with that pick.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.