HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eklund Calgary-Columbus (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1013023)

CentreKeeper12 10-24-2011 12:48 PM

Calgary-Columbus

So because this coming from Eklund we know there is a better chance the Atlanta Thrashers win the cup......but he is reporting that the jackets are intrested in Jay Bouwmeester........discuss

InfinityIggy 10-24-2011 12:52 PM

Give us Carter :sarcasm:

Crisp Breakout 10-24-2011 12:53 PM

I think it would be a solid pick up for the Jackets. As disappointing as he's been for 6+ million, he is no doubt a solid top-4 guy who might thrive in Columbus. I could definitely see the Flames being interested in Vermette or Brassard for him.

The problem lies with the salary. If they sent ~3 million via Brassard/Vermette, they'd still have to clear about 3 million more in cap space. Not impossible, but still not an easy task.

TOML 10-24-2011 12:56 PM

Why doesn't CBJ just wait until Wiz starts playing?

wahsnairb 10-24-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout (Post 38403371)
I think it would be a solid pick up for the Jackets. As disappointing as he's been for 6+ million, he is no doubt a solid top-4 guy who might thrive in Columbus. I could definitely see the Flames being interested in Vermette or Brassard for him.

The problem lies with the salary. If they sent ~3 million via Brassard/Vermette, they'd still have to clear about 3 million more in cap space. Not impossible, but still not an easy task.

huselius is sitting around at 4.5 million ;)
and it better be vermette and not brassard that is moving

Crisp Breakout 10-24-2011 01:05 PM

What does everyone think of this:

JayBo for Vermette + Clitsome

InfinityIggy 10-24-2011 01:07 PM

Id seriously think about doing a J-Bo for Vermette & Huselius.

I feel like the Jackets should be adding though, they are getting the best player.

Campoli2Burrows 10-24-2011 01:08 PM

Huselius + Martinek + picks/prospects for jbo. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams decide to center the deal around futures than a roster player from cbj.

InfinityIggy 10-24-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows (Post 38404009)
Huselius + Martinek + picks/prospects for jbo. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams decide to center the deal around futures than a roster player from cbj.

Would have to be pretty good picks/prospects for the Flames to even consider that.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode 10-24-2011 01:12 PM

There has to be an equal cap hit coming back, aren't the jackets right against the cap? But this would be a good move anyway, huge need on the blueline. Jay-bo and wiz on the top pairing is at least a respectable top pairing.

JalapenoPeppa* 10-24-2011 01:12 PM

Why would Calgary move JayBo? Overpaid but important.

Campoli2Burrows 10-24-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 38404045)
Would have to be pretty good picks/prospects for the Flames to even consider that.

Agreed, actually. It just seems to me like if you trade bouwmeester its the start of a rebuild, so picks and prospects might be more appealing than aging roster players like huselius and vermette.
Also, columbus would be making this deal to improve themselves right now. I'm not sure trading 2 top 6 forwards improves them right now.

I3ig13ig 10-24-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 38403945)
Id seriously think about doing a J-Bo for Vermette & Huselius.
I feel like the Jackets should be adding though, they are getting the best player.

Not a chance in hell JayBo brings both those guys back! He's solid defensively but hasnt done much offensively for a while now and has a monstrous cap hit.

Those two are arguably two of CBJ's best forwards even if theyre underacheivers. You take them out and CBJ's officially have one of the worst offenses in the league.

Fill a small hole and digs a crater at the same time. Terrible...

FLAMES666 10-24-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenDefense (Post 38404121)
Why would Calgary move JayBo? Overpaid but important.

ya my thoughts to, Calgary would definitely become a lottery team without him.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode 10-24-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I3ig13ig (Post 38404603)
Not a chance in hell JayBo brings both those guys back! He's solid defensively but hasnt done much offensively for a while now and has a monstrous cap hit.

Those two are arguably two of CBJ's best forwards even if theyre underacheivers. You take them out and CBJ's officially have one of the worst offenses in the league.

what? Nash, Umberger and Carter are their best forwards, I haven't heard a good thing about huselius in a while. Jay-Bo would be a great fit alongside wiz, who is questionable defensively. They aren't looking for a pmd they already have one, they need a top 2 minute eating dman.

Leafs87 10-24-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs (Post 38403509)
Why doesn't CBJ just wait until Wiz starts playing?

Because its Eklund and its probably something he heard from a hobo on the subway on his way to work

3074326 10-24-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

They'd be better off upgrading their defense at the cost of their top six to be completely honest. And it wouldn't quite be a crater. I'd say they're used to not playing with Huselius in the lineup.

InfinityIggy 10-24-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Thanks for making it clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

They are both on IR. How have they been two of CBJ best forwards if they haven't been playing?

Please shut up.

Johnny Hoxville 10-24-2011 01:47 PM

I don't really see these teams as being good trading partners. Yes I could see the Jackets being interested in Bouwmeester, and I could see the Flames having an interest Brassard.

I would move Bouwmeester for Brassard and a 1st round pick, but from a cap standpoint that would not work for the Jackets and that's a pretty steep price for them to pay as well. However for how much Bouwmeester means to our defense, that is what I would want from the Jackets if we are going to move him. That would put an enormous hole in our D, so it would have to be worth it.

wahsnairb 10-24-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 38405595)
Thanks for making it clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

They are both on IR. How have they been two of CBJ best forwards if they haven't been playing?

Please shut up.

only huselius has been on IR, but i agree that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

the jackets need D a lot more than they need top 6 forwards right now so it makes jaybo's value higher to them. huselius has been out a while with his torn pec so we don't even think of him as a jacket right now.. he would just be there as a respectable player to balance salary.

Bobby Lou 10-24-2011 01:49 PM

Could definitely see the Flames being interested in Vermette or Umberger.

Ashasx 10-24-2011 01:53 PM

It's like people think Bouwmeester's value is on par with Gomez.

Bouwmeester is still an unbelievably valuable defenceman for the Flames, even if he's overpaid.

zeus3007* 10-24-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Huselius sucks. Paid double of what he should be. Negative value.

FLAMES666 10-24-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Lou (Post 38405777)
Could definitely see the Flames being interested in Vermette or Umberger.

Vermette maybe but not Umberger, we have enough scoring wingers, their is really no spot for him.

wahsnairb 10-24-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 38406293)
Huselius sucks. Paid double of what he should be. Negative value.

a consistent 60+ point winger who is being used primarily to balance salary and you say he has negative value haha.. beautiful