HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Anton Strålman (1 year, $900K) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1013173)

Jim Morrison 10-24-2011 04:19 PM

Rangers sign Anton Strålman (1 year, $900K)

Anton Strålman to the Rangers? An article from a Swedish newspaper below, with comments from his Swedish agent.

http://translate.google.se/translate...ar-med-rangers

Hockeyfrilla 10-24-2011 04:19 PM

Anton Strålman

According to Swedish newspaper Expressen, Rangers are negotiating with dman Anton Strålman.

"I can confirm that we are in talks with the Rangers, says agent Gunnar Svensson"

"Rangers have been in touch and said that they are interested"

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserie...ar-med-rangers (Article in swedish)

Killem Dafoe 10-24-2011 04:21 PM

this wouldnt too bad actually.

JeffMangum 10-24-2011 04:22 PM

Not interested.

Mediocre offensively, terrible defensively. Eminger/Wotwitka as a spare/#6 is sufficient.

Fitzy 10-24-2011 04:22 PM

I'll confess to not knowing much about the kid.

Hard to judge +/- but this would make sense considering our D situation and the recent Swedish fad.

Swept In Seven 10-24-2011 04:23 PM

Wouldn't mind

Mats Zuccarelli 10-24-2011 04:29 PM

Don't know much about him, but just looking at his +/-...EEK.

-17 and -11 the last two years

JeffMangum 10-24-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rad Brichards (Post 38412291)
Don't know much about him, but just looking at his +/-...EEK.

-17 and -11 the last two years

Well, he's played for Columbus. Almost every player on team will be a minus...however, he was the direct result of many of these minuses...so, yeah. He couldn't even crack the Devils' defense, he won't crack ours, IMO.

Cynical TyranT 10-24-2011 04:35 PM

Cant say Im an expert on his game but... anybody's would have a garbage +/- playing for TO and CBJ

Vitto79 10-24-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou (Post 38411963)
this wouldnt too bad actually.

agreed he has had some good spurts in the NHL. Go for it

Radek27 10-24-2011 05:05 PM

Seems to be a better choice than McCabe or someone like that.

Where is Semenov? Why isn't he an option this season?

Lion Hound 10-24-2011 05:08 PM

Why continue to get burned on lateral moves? I mean is the talent much better than Bell, Woywitka, or Eminger?

If not, let these guys settle into the system. Upon Staal and Sauers return play the kids. (DelZotto, and Erixon)...Let them continue to develop. The results will come in time.

Fitzy 10-24-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 38413449)
Seems to be a better choice than McCabe or someone like that.

Where is Semenov? Why isn't he an option this season?

Well into a KHL season. And I doubt the Rangers are going to try to work their way through the transfer mess to get Semenov.

Plus, he ditched us, then we ditched him. Both instances were kind of undeserved. Have to think the bridge is burned.

Jumbo* 10-24-2011 05:16 PM

Dont really know anything about him. Anyone have a scouting report on him?

Rather make a trade for a #4-5 dman.

ck20 10-24-2011 05:30 PM

I don't understand why we can't put together a decent package for a defenseman that's actually, ya know..talented in some facet of the game instead of trying to "save" these projects that "need a change of scenery". Better yet, why don't we put together a good package for a legit winger or someone that can score on a consistent basis? I'm fine with letting our current defensemen learn on the fly, but when 1/3 of our goals thus far have been in one game, I think it's time to stop looking to improve our blueline and look to our core to start producing. Outside of the Vancouver game, we haven't scored more than 2 goals during regulation. :help:

Trxjw 10-24-2011 06:05 PM

Scraping the bottom of the barrel again. Pass.

Melrose_Jr. 10-24-2011 06:07 PM

He was part of a decent PP in Columbus. That would SEEM to be the appeal......on the surface anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htk30 (Post 38414329)
I don't understand why we can't put together a decent package for a defenseman that's actually, ya know..talented in some facet of the game instead of trying to "save" these projects that "need a change of scenery". Better yet, why don't we put together a good package for a legit winger or someone that can score on a consistent basis?

Only because you have to hope you're filling a temporary need. I think you at least need to see Staal, Sauer and Wolski on the ice before you begin dealing coveted commodities.

Personally, I consider the temporary needs filled already. Lion Hound is right that you've got to let Woywitka, Bell and Erixon settle in and get comfortable with the game plan before moving on to plan C. Hell, I think Woywitka has been a nice surprise and Erixon looks far more poised than I expected.

nyr2k2 10-24-2011 06:15 PM

He's a Swede, and that's a plus in my books. :laugh:

swedishhockeysupport 10-24-2011 06:36 PM

Stralman ranked many times higher compared to Erixon in Sweden ( not even any comparison made because that would be a joke. Stralman is just as good defensively aswell as Erixon, on big ice atleast ). All SEL teams wants him.

These figures doesn't look so bad either, right?
2009-2010 Columbus Blue Jackets NHL 73 6 28 34

John Torturella 10-24-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion Hound (Post 38413567)
Why continue to get burned on lateral moves? I mean is the talent much better than Bell, Woywitka, or Eminger?

If not, let these guys settle into the system. Upon Staal and Sauers return play the kids. (DelZotto, and Erixon)...Let them continue to develop. The results will come in time.

How exactly would it be getting burned? There is really nothing to lose.

Gatorade* 10-24-2011 06:49 PM

He's good on the PP.

swedishhockeysupport 10-24-2011 06:50 PM

Next to Lidstrom Stralman is the most talented offensive defenseman Sweden has right now. Enstrom certainly isn't as talented as Stralman are. I don't know why NHL can't seem to use his exeptional potential more.

Erik Karlsson i should not forget ofcourse:)

turcotte8 10-24-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 38418951)
He's good on the PP.

That will magically disappear as soon as he puts on a Ranger jersey. ;)

Tawnos 10-24-2011 06:52 PM

Fine with it. If the beginning of the season has proven anything, it's that you can never have too many defensemen.

SERE 24 10-24-2011 07:11 PM

Would much rather take a chance on Stralman, who I'm actually surprised is out of a job and I think may have had his stock fall after playing on a bad CBJ team, than give up assets unless we're actually making an IMPACT move. I think Stralman can actually be a good bottom pairing d-man with puck moving ability. I actually really liked Stralman and then he just fell off the radar last season. I assumed he would find a job with a new team this summer and was surprised when he didn't. I think it's definitely worth a chance. Not much to lose.