HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor Rangers Have Extended Contract Offer To Anton Stralman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1013361)

Sens Mile 10-24-2011 09:41 PM

Rangers Have Extended Contract Offer To Anton Stralman
 
A source confirmed that the Rangers have made a contract offer to defenseman Anton Stralman, the unrestricted free agent who attended training camp with the Devils as a tryout.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...lman/#comments

The Amity Affliction 10-24-2011 09:45 PM

Eh....

wahsnairb 10-24-2011 09:46 PM

a contract to the strawman right before halloween... how festive.

Leafssss 10-24-2011 09:48 PM

Next Lidstrom.

Man Bear Pig 10-24-2011 09:49 PM

I remember when the media was going nuts for this guy.

His Beardliness* 10-24-2011 09:55 PM

Improvement over ******* Woywitka.

UAGoalieGuy 10-24-2011 09:58 PM

What side does he play?

MTK 10-24-2011 09:59 PM

Lateral move. I thought NYR had depth on the blueline?


He couldn't make the devils line up ...better off with McCabe

UAGoalieGuy 10-24-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTK (Post 38429571)
Lateral move. I thought NYR had depth on the blueline?


He couldn't make the devils line up ...better off with McCabe

The Rangers do have depth on the blueline, when the team is healthy. Both Staal and Sauer have been out so far this season.

Rivet52 10-24-2011 10:01 PM

I'd rather have McCabe over Stralman. If Stralman was smart he'd accept this offer.

AvsFan7* 10-24-2011 10:02 PM

Would be a good signing by the Rangers if they do sign him, I still think he has the potential to be a good Puck Moving defensman, just needs a 2nd chance and IMO he would excel under Tortorella(Sp?).

wahsnairb 10-24-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsFan7 (Post 38429893)
Would be a good signing by the Rangers if they do sign him, I still think he has the potential to be a good Puck Moving defensman, just needs a 2nd chance and IMO he would excel under Tortorella(Sp?).

he is the strawman for a reason; he is a scarecrow out there and i don't know too many crows that play in the nhl so outlook on his success does not look good.

Crede777 10-24-2011 10:43 PM

Eh, he's a servicable #6/7 right now.

I can see why he had so much potential, the problem is he never seemed to work to correct his weaknesses. He is what he is, a defensive liability, mediocre passer, pretty good right handed shot. Worse than MA Bergeron.

Hero 10-24-2011 10:45 PM

Lidstrom 2.0

ECL 10-24-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivet52 (Post 38429739)
I'd rather have McCabe over Stralman. If Stralman was smart he'd accept this offer.

He's going to be a lot cheaper than McCabe, I'd think. McCabe was DONE last season, anyway.

Mayor Bee 10-25-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 38429543)
What side does he play?

Whichever side allows him to be turned around, facing his own goalie while a 2-on-0 develops after yet another hideous turnover.

thadd 10-25-2011 12:53 AM

Think this means that Rangers are going to trade away one of their forwards?

1Knee1T 10-25-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 38438891)
Think this means that Rangers are going to trade away one of their forwards?

....Why would it mean that?

Bad News Bears 10-25-2011 01:13 AM



Never forget.

Brock Anton 10-25-2011 01:22 AM

Goes to show you that just because your name is "Anton", it does not mean that you will be a god.

LiveeviL 10-25-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Anton (Post 38439537)
Goes to show you that just because your name is "Anton", it does not mean that you will be a god.

Not all of them...
http://www.xefer.com/image/chigurh.jpg

Killem Dafoe 10-25-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad News Bears (Post 38439357)


Never forget.

maybe theyre gunna sign him and play him on LW :sarcasm:

Bad News Bears 10-25-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Anton (Post 38439537)
Goes to show you that just because your name is "Anton", it does not mean that you will be a god.

You have the best username on this whole ******* site. Well done. So many references right now...

Doug19 10-25-2011 01:42 AM

I feel sorry for the Rangers, yes a fan of a 0-7-1 soon to be 0-8-1 team feels sorry for another team.

hototogisu 10-25-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig (Post 38428689)
I remember when the media was going nuts for this guy.

Yes..."the media"...I can think of another group of people who were going just as nuts for this guy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.