HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Prospal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1013729)

Al Swearengen 10-25-2011 12:01 PM

Prospal

Hey all, Canucks fan here coming in peace, and I was just wondering about your impressions of Vaclav Prospal so far. I assume he's playing on the 2nd line and the 2nd PP, but those are assumptions because, since I live in BC, I don't see a lot of the Blue Jackets. What's he bringing, where's he playing, and how does his game look?
Thanks fellas.

kshymkiw 10-25-2011 12:11 PM

he seem to be the only player who gives a damn on this team.

He is a PPG player, playing on the 1st or 2nd line, and getting 1st PP time. He has also brought good work ethic, and desire to compete. He also made it known to the media, he thought that the CBJ practiced at 60% (not his words, mine).

I think he is becoming a fan favorite.

KeithBWhittington 10-25-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshymkiw (Post 38449081)
he seem to be the only player who gives a damn on this team.

He is a PPG player, playing on the 1st or 2nd line, and getting 1st PP time. He has also brought good work ethic, and desire to compete. He also made it known to the media, he thought that the CBJ practiced at 60% (not his words, mine).

I think he is becoming a fan favorite.

......And will promptly be shipped at the deadline....

:sarcasm:

kshymkiw 10-25-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington (Post 38449761)
......And will promptly be shipped at the deadline....

:sarcasm:

haha. It wouldn't shock me if the CBJ aren't truly competing for a playoff spot that Prospal is a goner.

Sore Loser 10-25-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshymkiw (Post 38449985)
haha. It wouldn't shock me if the CBJ aren't truly competing for a playoff spot that Prospal is a goner.

If Prospal continues to produce at the rate he has, we could see a rather healthy return for him at the deadline. I don't know if it would be a first rounder, but I definitely think we could try for one.

jdhebner 10-25-2011 03:35 PM

His play has been adequate. His goal celebrations are within projected norms.
;)

joshjoshjosh 10-25-2011 03:52 PM

I <3 Vinny Prospal

Jovavic 10-25-2011 06:24 PM

I liked him before he got here and I like him even more now. If the team continues to suck, no doubt he'll be moved at the deadline

RebelMe 10-25-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sore Loser (Post 38452603)
If Prospal continues to produce at the rate he has, we could see a rather healthy return for him at the deadline. I don't know if it would be a first rounder, but I definitely think we could try for one.

As much as I love Vinny, 1st rounder is probably a stretch. In 2008, with 62 games played and 57 points (29+28), Tampa traded him to Flyers for a 2nd rounder (upgraded from 3rd rounder because Philly got to the conference finals) and an AHL calibre defenseman (Picard).

...Now it's 3 years later, Vinny probably won't be anywhere near 30 goals at the trade deadline and he has also shown that he's not entirely invincible injury-wise. Considering his rather low contract, I think Columbus could get a similar return as Tampa back then, but not a lot more.

leesmith 10-25-2011 09:49 PM

Prospal is the man! :yo:

Sore Loser 10-25-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelMe (Post 38477273)
As much as I love Vinny, 1st rounder is probably a stretch. In 2008, with 62 games played and 57 points (29+28), Tampa traded him to Flyers for a 2nd rounder (upgraded from 3rd rounder because Philly got to the conference finals) and an AHL calibre defenseman (Picard).

...Now it's 3 years later, Vinny probably won't be anywhere near 30 goals at the trade deadline and he has also shown that he's not entirely invincible injury-wise. Considering his rather low contract, I think Columbus could get a similar return as Tampa back then, but not a lot more.

Pretty much agreeing with what I said. I stated that I don't think we could get a first rounder, but why not ask for one if his production keeps up? He's been a point-per-game player thus far; we know he won't keep up that pace, but if he has, say, 50-55 points at the deadline, let's get as much as we can. The costs at the trade deadline have risen year after year, and will only continue to do so when teams like Boston can load up and win the cup.