HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: A true 1st line scorer to NSH. (No WEBER and SUTER) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1014451)

I Will Son 10-26-2011 02:30 AM

A true 1st line scorer to NSH. (No WEBER and SUTER)

What would it take? Please dont comment if you are going to try and be funny or say something irrelevant. This is for a proposal that could happen now and help us become that team that makes a deep playoff push so dont ask for the big 3.

Untouchables: Rinne, Suter, Weber, Wilson, Smith, Ellis.

Everyone else is fair game.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 38495905)
If the Preds could get a "true 1st line scorer" without giving up any of those guys, it probably would have happened by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave_35 (Post 38495917)
You're not going to get a "true 1st line player" with all of those assets in the untouchable category.

My post on post 21.
Enough of these comments thats not true. Reality isnt like HFboards. The Preds got Steve Sullivan for a some lousy picks in 03-04. The Penguins got Neal for Goligoski. Deals for a 1st liner can be made with what we have, enough with the nonsense.

Blum Hornqvist and a 1st cant get us a 1st liner? Yea ****ing right.

topshelf15 10-26-2011 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 38495711)
What would it take? Please dont comment if you are going to try and be funny or say something irrelevant. This is for a proposal that could happen now and help us become that team that makes a deep playoff push so dont ask for the big 3.

You might be able to get a 50 point forward for your first,but what really can nsh offer other than the players listed,no offense:nod:

bobafettish* 10-26-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

so u want a 1s line player with out giving up anything in return, :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i think what you are looking for is UFA

ZugNugget 10-26-2011 02:38 AM

I think if you produced a list of 1st line scorers, you would see that virtually any package of players you could offer without Rinne, Suter, Weber, Wilson, Smith, Ellis in it wouldn't be strong enough to land you one of them.

The caveat here is if our definitions of 1st line scorers are significantly different.

Lobstertainment 10-26-2011 02:39 AM

You can have Dave Steckle

He's our first line centre.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1...sleafearth.jpg

I Will Son 10-26-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf15 (Post 38495771)
You might be able to get a 50 point forward for your first,but what really can nsh offer other than the players listed,no offense:nod:

Blum, Josi, Klein, Ekholm, Lindback, Hornqvist, Erat(if he waved) Halischuk, Beck, Latta, J. Smith, any of our 1sts. etc...

Stephen 10-26-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Did you forget to put Blum on your untouchables list too?

Krnage 10-26-2011 02:41 AM

if u want Gomez...u can have it

I Will Son 10-26-2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 38495813)
Did you forget to put Blum on your untouchables list too?

no..

MetalGodAOD* 10-26-2011 02:43 AM

Morrow for Blum?

I Will Son 10-26-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnholyPrince (Post 38495851)
Morrow for Blum?

Instead of Morrow what about Ribeiro? us have to add a lil?

topshelf15 10-26-2011 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 38495805)
Blum, Josi, Klein, Ekholm, Lindback, Hornqvist, Erat(if he waved) etc..

These are all good players ,why would you want to move any of them ??The west has too many great teams in right now to gut your team,and while nsh is a scrappy defensive team they are not a trade away from winning the cup .

Keep your kids sign and develop your core ,this has a much better chance of sucess than making a move to try spark some sort of run:nod:

I Will Son 10-26-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobafettish (Post 38495781)
so u want a 1s line player with out giving up anything in return, :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i think what you are looking for is UFA

Nope, deals for a first liner can be made with the options i have left out.

PAZ 10-26-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

How will you afford to pay everyone?

I Will Son 10-26-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf15 (Post 38495873)
These are all good players ,why would you want to move any of them ??The west has too many great teams in right now to gut your team,and while nsh is a scrappy defensive team they are not a trade away from winning the cup .

Keep your kids sign and develop your core ,this has a much better chance of sucess than making a move to try spark some sort of run:nod:

Hornqvist looks like he needs a change of scenery imo. He is returning from an injury but i saw the same thing last year. And if we get the right player back we can afford the loss of any of these guys. Our roster is filled with clones of the same players. WE HAVE NO OFFENSIVE CREATIVITY outside Wilson and Smith currently.

I Will Son 10-26-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cstriker045 (Post 38495877)
How will you afford to pay everyone?

Look at our cap space. Dont give me the NSH has no money argument cause thats bs

maplepred 10-26-2011 02:51 AM

I would definitely be willing to deal Blum and Hornqvist for a top 3 forward! Maybe add a pick?

First off, which top 3 forwards could be moved?

Stastny? Spezza? Vanek? I got no idea, just throwing out random names...

Avs_19 10-26-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

If the Preds could get a "true 1st line scorer" without giving up any of those guys, it probably would have happened by now.

glovesave_35 10-26-2011 02:52 AM

You're not going to get a "true 1st line player" with all of those assets in the untouchable category.

topshelf15 10-26-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 38495889)
Hornqvist looks like he needs a change of scenery imo. He is returning from an injury but i saw the same thing last year. And if we get the right player back we can afford the loss of any of these guys. Our roster is filled with clones of the same players. WE HAVE NO OFFENSIVE CREATIVITY outside Wilson and Smith currently.

With a defensive core that nsh posesses,its no wonder really.They are like a young devels team,when they are on they are very tough to beat .But nashville is still a very young team and when the kids put it together they will be a great team,you win cups with team defense and nashville has this in spades.

I Will Son 10-26-2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 38495905)

Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave_35 (Post 38495917)

Enough of these comments thats not true. Reality isnt like HFboards. The Preds got Steve Sullivan for a some lousy picks in 03-04. The Penguins got Neal for Goligoski. Deals for a 1st liner can be made with what we have, enough with the nonsense.

Blum Hornqvist and a 1st cant get us a 1st liner? Yea ****ing right.

I Will Son 10-26-2011 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf15 (Post 38495927)
With a defensive core that nsh posesses,its no wonder really.They are like a young devels team,when they are on they are very tough to beat .But nashville is still a very young team and when the kids put it together they will be a great team,you win cups with team defense and nashville has this in spades.

Yea I agree, and we got more defense coming. 1 reason I left 3 untouchables as dmen. our big 2 and Ellis. But you also cant win if you dont score, something we are desperate for. And have been for years

Gliff 10-26-2011 02:59 AM

Quote:

I entered the thread thinking to myself "how in the hell can they do it without weber or suter"

Then I read the bold.

Good Luck.

BTW I want weber or suter without giving up: Hiller, Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Fowler, Sbisa, Holland, Palmieri, Etem.

maplepred 10-26-2011 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 38495947)
Yea I agree, and we got more defense coming. 1 reason I left 3 untouchables as dmen. our big 2 and Ellis. But you also cant win if you dont score, something we are desperate for. And have been for years

Definitely agreed!

And even if our young guys do develop into amazing forwards years down the road, Shea and Ryan would be long gone by then. We need offense NOW!

This will go down in history as worst or best predator season ever. Plain and simple. I am hoping for the latter

Saren 10-26-2011 03:02 AM

Quite frankly, you're delusional if you think Nashville can land anything other than fringe 1st line talent with those pieces.