HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Over/Under until Bobrovsky is the starter? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1015009)

Pandl 10-26-2011 09:08 PM

Over/Under until Bobrovsky is the starter?

I know this thread seems weird now, but somebody bump this in a few months and I guarantee it will make more sense. Anyone that realizes that Bobrovsky is the better goaltender feel free to contribute. My guess is halfway through the season, around game 40.

Flyersfan139 10-26-2011 09:11 PM

Way to make this thread after a complete defensive fail game. Bob has played two bad teams and performed well. Bryzgolov is the better goaltender, its still extremely early. Relax.

Pandl 10-26-2011 09:12 PM

I honestly think Bobrovsky will be the better goaltender. Bookmark the thread to bump later, I'm telling you.

SeanL44 10-26-2011 09:12 PM

This thread is an embarrassment to the hockey knowledge of Philadelphia Flyers fans.

We're smarter than this, guys. It's one game of piss poor defensive play. Relax.

Damaged Goods 10-26-2011 09:15 PM

It looks like the meatheads have their "blame the goalie" reflex in post-season form.

funghoul 10-26-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanL44 (Post 38530815)
This thread is an embarrassment to the hockey knowledge of Philadelphia Flyers fans.

We're smarter than this, guys. It's one game of piss poor defensive play. Relax.

Yea it is. I dont know where everybody but Kimmo is, but our defense sucks and their obviously leanin way too hard on quality (Bryz) and prayin it saves the day all on his own. rediculous. Pronger needs to start doin what was done to him to some of his own guys.

Philadelphia Ducks 10-26-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

But its been three straight games when Bryz was in net. Then the one in the middle when Bob was in net we won without all these defensive troubles.

Prongo 10-26-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

I feel the same way... I certainly question people on this board sometimes

SgtJoseph 10-26-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

I agree !......Bob to me looks much quicker at the moment...Bryz is bigger and relies more on his size it seems.....Having said that, i think we have 2 solid goalies and i am not ready to throw either under the bus, especially a bus with Lilja, and walker, and a few others driving !

PhillyFlying 10-26-2011 09:24 PM

it's a real shame we lost the stanley cup tonight. shoulda started bob! DERP FIRE LAVI DERP

SgtJoseph 10-26-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyFlying (Post 38531415)
it's a real shame we lost the stanley cup tonight. shoulda started bob! DERP FIRE LAVI DERP

Your Avatar is creepy dude ! LOL

Jack de la Hoya 10-26-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funghoul (Post 38531015)
Yea it is. I dont know where everybody but Kimmo is, but our defense sucks and their obviously leanin way too hard on quality (Bryz) and prayin it saves the day all on his own. rediculous. Pronger needs to start doin what was done to him to some of his own guys.

You need to watch more closely if you think Kimmo is the strong link in this defense. He's been awful--except for that one game where he was extraordinary.

He's almost as bad as Carle with turnovers coming out of our end...

Damaged Goods 10-26-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeh82 (Post 38531765)
You need to watch more closely if you think Kimmo is the strong link in this defense. He's been awful--except for that one game where he was extraordinary.

I wouldn't go that far with a blanket statement. Kimmo did make terrible blunders trying to get the puck out of his own zone on the 1st and 5th goals tonight, though.

sa cyred 10-26-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeh82 (Post 38531765)

Your kidding right? Like honestly? He has been our best defender behind Pronger... all the stats prove it also (corsi etc etc). He has made mistake but he has been FAR, like very FAR, from aweful.

Jack de la Hoya 10-26-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 38532037)
Your kidding right? Like honestly? He has been our best defender behind Pronger... all the stats prove it also (corsi etc etc). He has made mistake but he has been FAR, like very FAR, from aweful.

I'm not kidding. Though I was a bit hyperbolic.

My expectations for Kimmo are higher than the others. With his experience, there is simply no excuse for the frequency he turns the puck over in our zone.

Jack de la Hoya 10-26-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 38532037)

By the way, where did you find the Corsi numbers for this season? Are they broken down by game?

I'm not overly familiar with the metric, but I'm a bit surprised that Kimmo has come out as our second best defensemen so far this season. I think Coburn has been as solid defensively without all the turnovers--but that's just to the naked eye.

mirimon 10-26-2011 09:52 PM

It was team defense that failed us tonight, not Bryzgalov. He didn't have a good game, but for every goal you could point to (at least) two players not doing their job properly, be it Carle, Walker, Lilja, Meszaros, Timonen, Briθre... you get it, the list goes on and on.

Timonen has definitely not been awful. He had a bit of a rough game tonigh (who didn't) and failed to clear the zone a few times, but overall this season he's been his regular reliable self, I'd say.

We're focusing a lot of our anger on Bryzgalov and the defense, but our forwards need to be a lot better if we are to avoid this type of games. Briθre was simply atrocious tonight, Read was lost in the defensive zone more than once and there were a few other players who ****ed up multiple times as well.

Couturier continues to play well though, him and Talbot were rarely caught in bad positions. They could use to get Nφdl back though, not that Shelley has been a complete trainwreck.

Beef Invictus 10-26-2011 10:02 PM

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........**.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

sobrien 10-26-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 38533185)
............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........**.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

How long did it take you to make that?

Beef Invictus 10-26-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobrien (Post 38534871)
How long did it take you to make that?

I am Leonardo Da Vinci...

...of using google, copying and pasting.

sobrien 10-26-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 38534899)
I am Leonardo Da Vinci...

...of using google, copying and pasting.

Don't discredit yourself like that.

BTW congrats on still being tied in scoring with the greats. Gretzky, Orr, Howe, Richard Crosby, Shelley, Beef. List of greatness.

Beef Invictus 10-26-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobrien (Post 38535123)
Don't discredit yourself like that.

BTW congrats on still being tied in scoring with the greats. Gretzky, Orr, Howe, Richard Crosby, Shelley, Beef. List of greatness.

Thanks, I'm really proud of myself.

I just can't seem to catch Rinaldo though.

sa cyred 10-26-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeh82 (Post 38532459)
By the way, where did you find the Corsi numbers for this season? Are they broken down by game?

I'm not overly familiar with the metric, but I'm a bit surprised that Kimmo has come out as our second best defensemen so far this season. I think Coburn has been as solid defensively without all the turnovers--but that's just to the naked eye.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/

Just go to statisics and you can see all the ratings. Will see that behind Pronger, Timonen is our best defender. Timonen's faces the second most components behind Pronger, and comes out higher.

flyersfan187 10-26-2011 11:38 PM

The Flyers don't play a good defensive system to begin with and now they aren't even worried about clearing the crease. No goalie stands a chance with this team if they continue to play like this.

phlocky 10-26-2011 11:44 PM

Yup, lets blame the goalie because our dmen don't know how to play defense. That sounds like a good idea. :shakehead: