HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers Prospect Ratings Under New System? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=101502)

blah 09-03-2004 10:41 AM

Flyers Prospect Ratings Under New System?

When they are they going to be updated?

From the few I've seen, IMO:
Sharp - 7B
Seidenberg - 7B
Niittymaki - 7B

Dr Love 09-03-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
When they are they going to be updated?

From the few I've seen, IMO:
Sharp - 7B
Seidenberg - 7B
Niittymaki - 7B

I agree with those rankings. Frank *might* have a Ken Wregget-ish career (why they list Hackett in there too as an example is beyond me).

Let's keep the comments on topic.

FlyHigh 09-03-2004 05:26 PM

hey, since i have some time to kill before 7:00, i'll chip in a bit.

Carter: 8A. He's been impressive at every level so far and was very good in the minicamp, no reason why that shouldn't continue

Richards: 7.5B. It's odds-on he could be a 2nd line center with 60 point potential, but a drop to a 30-40 point 3rd line guy isn't out of the question by any means.

Niittymaki: 7A. I'll stay with the A because rating 7 is only journeyman No.1 and I'm really bettting that Niitty can achieve that. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic here though, but I like what I see.

Sharp: 7B. I agree with your ranking there, he has that potential, but needs to have about a 20 point year this year. Hopefully more.

Seids: 7B. Close to a 7C IMO, size could be an issue here.

Ben Eager: 6.5A. I really think Eager can become a really good 2nd/3rd line player, and he backed that up with a really impressive performance at the minicamp.

Umberger: 7B. Talent is there for sure and he's put up big numbers, but what kind of effect will a year out of hockey have on him?

Ruzicka: 7B. He did have a heck of a 1st year and it looks like he has the skills, but let's just hope he isn't a 1 hit wonder, another good season in the OHL bumps him to a 7.5A hopefully, but we will see.

Drozdetsky. 6.5B. Put up good numbers in the RSL which is pretty hard to do, especially playing with men, but he hasn't played the NA game yet and who knows if/when he comes over.

Potulny: 5A. Got to include him cause he's one of my favorites, he has scored at all levels and at only a 5 rating, he deserves the A.

FearTheFlyers 09-03-2004 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh
hey, since i have some time to kill before 7:00, i'll chip in a bit.

Carter: 8A. He's been impressive at every level so far and was very good in the minicamp, no reason why that shouldn't continue

Richards: 7.5B. It's odds-on he could be a 2nd line center with 60 point potential, but a drop to a 30-40 point 3rd line guy isn't out of the question by any means.

Niittymaki: 7A. I'll stay with the A because rating 7 is only journeyman No.1 and I'm really bettting that Niitty can achieve that. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic here though, but I like what I see.

Sharp: 7B. I agree with your ranking there, he has that potential, but needs to have about a 20 point year this year. Hopefully more.

Seids: 7B. Close to a 7C IMO, size could be an issue here.

Ben Eager: 6.5A. I really think Eager can become a really good 2nd/3rd line player, and he backed that up with a really impressive performance at the minicamp.

Umberger: 7B. Talent is there for sure and he's put up big numbers, but what kind of effect will a year out of hockey have on him?

Ruzicka: 7B. He did have a heck of a 1st year and it looks like he has the skills, but let's just hope he isn't a 1 hit wonder, another good season in the OHL bumps him to a 7.5A hopefully, but we will see.

Drozdetsky. 6.5B. Put up good numbers in the RSL which is pretty hard to do, especially playing with men, but he hasn't played the NA game yet and who knows if/when he comes over.

Potulny: 5A. Got to include him cause he's one of my favorites, he has scored at all levels and at only a 5 rating, he deserves the A.

I'd give Eager a 7.5 C or D

blah 09-04-2004 03:37 AM

Agreed on Eager 1. If he develops his offense that'd make him a 2nd line PF. He seems to have everything else.

I don't see why it'd be a bad idea to give Potulny a higher rating. Maybe a 7D. He sounds like a boom or bust type of prospect.

FlyHigh 09-04-2004 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
I don't see why it'd be a bad idea to give Potulny a higher rating. Maybe a 7D. He sounds like a boom or bust type of prospect.

Sounds like a decent idea.

User571 09-04-2004 10:19 AM

How about...
R.J. Anderson 7C
Rob Bellamy 6.5A
Ladislav Scurko 6A

Id give Niittymaki, an 8C.

I think i might be a little too high on Anderson, but he only scored 15 less points than Wheeler and he's a defenseman. Comparosins to Leopold!?!?! :banana:

FlyHigh 09-04-2004 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurminen31
How about...
R.J. Anderson 7C
Rob Bellamy 6.5A
Ladislav Scurko 6A

Id give Niittymaki, an 8C.

I think i might be a little too high on Anderson, but he only scored 15 less points than Wheeler and he's a defenseman. Comparosins to Leopold!?!?! :banana:

I think you're right with Anderson because he does seem like that boom or bust kind of guy. Others seem about right although you might be a bit high on Scurko, he was only a 6th rounder I think.

User571 09-04-2004 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I think you're right with Anderson because he does seem like that boom or bust kind of guy. Others seem about right although you might be a bit high on Scurko, he was only a 6th rounder I think.

Yeah. Scurko would probobly be 5B- Ithink I was a little too high on him.