HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   GDT: CBJ at Sabres | 10/27 7PM EDT | Where the Buffalo Roam (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1015059)

jdhebner 10-26-2011 10:21 PM

CBJ at Sabres | 10/27 7PM EDT | Where the Buffalo Roam

The next curse to be broken is the curse of not winning 2 in a row. When was the last time the Jackets did this?

Some irrelevant information:

And an irreverent version of that song (about 2:30 in)

Those of you who find watching the game painful should watch this:

Someone left the cake out in the rain.

I'll keep doing this until I'm fired.

Robert 10-27-2011 01:10 AM

The Sabres have lost two in a row and winless at home, this will be a good test for the Wisneiwski Blue Jackets.. it's a game as important to the Buffalo Sabres as the Columbus Blue Jackets.

A good game to see who wants it more...

aRussian 10-27-2011 02:43 AM

If we play with the fire we did against the Wings then good things'll happen. Hopefully things click from here on out

36kap36 10-27-2011 05:16 AM

The last game, I missed all of the game except half of the third, looks like I know what I'm trying tonight :nod:

CBJCougar 10-27-2011 05:33 AM

Just win, please. Thank you.

Double-Shift Lassť 10-27-2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdhebner (Post 38534043)

Those of you who find watching the game painful should watch this:

Someone left the cake out in the rain.

I'll keep doing this until I'm fired.

If you're suggesting an outstanding arrangement and brilliant playing is cringe-worthy, you're damn well on your way to being GDT fired, that's for damn sure. At least post the full version, and point out the insane trombone work by North Hills High School (Pittsburgh) graduate Randy Purcell. And if you're suggesting if the game gets troubling that this is a decent alternative then all is forgiven.

As for the game, well, I still have a pancake bunny as my avatar. I'm clueless as to what to expect.

Moo 10-27-2011 08:23 AM

I enter with tempered expectations. We will see if the last game was a fluke, or if it was a sign of a renewed focus that we have desperately lacked so far. I truly hope it's the latter.

Sore Loser 10-27-2011 08:53 AM

Go Jackets ... solve Ryan Miller and keep those small, skilled forwards within your reach and you should be A O K

blahblah 10-27-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJCougar (Post 38541351)
Just win, please. Thank you.

Oh begging is so beneath you....

Jacket, please, please, please, win... Make it two....

(but, it's not beneath me)

Another tough challenge, we get to finish the month off with a couple more of those.

pete goegan 10-27-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 38544155)

Another tough challenge, we get to finish the month off with a couple more of those.

Too true! Come through them with some success and our perception of the season may be significantly improved. Get ripped and the Wings game was a fluke and the season may be totally lost. It's the difference between merely a bad start and an entire season from hell.

Pivital stretch? Critical? Oh, yeah!

blahblah 10-27-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete goegan (Post 38544711)
Too true! Come through them with some success and our perception of the season may be significantly improved. Get ripped and the Wings game was a fluke and the season may be totally lost. Pivital stretch? Critical? Oh, yeah!

Have to do out best to salvage what's left of this month. 4 points or more out of the possible 6.

Basically we need to play at a 6-3-1 pace for the next 30 games to be back in the hunt. And then we need to continue with a 6-3-1 pace.

Schtick 10-27-2011 09:35 AM

Jackets will win!!

Well,
At least I hope so, I just spent two hundred bucks for two seats to this game, and I want the CBJ "W" tonight.

Last time I went to watch the Jackets in Buffalo, Columbus won 6-1, let's repeat that.:)

Coming off a win versus Detroit, the Jackets should be really hungry for two in a row, and the Sabres not winning at home yet this season, will hopefully be trying to hard and will be sloppy, should be a great game anyways.

pete goegan 10-27-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 38544763)
Have to do out best to salvage what's left of this month. 4 points or more out of the possible 6.

Basically we need to play at a 6-3-1 pace for the next 30 games to be back in the hunt. And then we need to continue with a 6-3-1 pace.

That helps make the situation very clear to me, bb. Looking at the results from the first eight games, 6-3-1 for the rest of the season seems impossible. The type of game the Jackets played against the Wings, if repeated for the rest of the season, would bring it back into the realm of the possible. This team has had performances like that several times in recent years (remember 8-0 in Detroit?), but has never been able to sustain that level for any length of time. Will this year be any different? This next stretch of games may show us the truth.

CBJwheel 10-27-2011 09:42 AM

CBJ always seem to do well against the Sabres. I'll say 3-2 CBJ

JACKETfan 10-27-2011 10:18 AM

TIME FOR VERMETTE TO WAKE UP.

Jackets 3, Sabres 1. Antwawn with a hat trick.

Jaxs 10-27-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKETfan (Post 38546379)
TIME FOR VERMETTE TO WAKE UP.

Jackets 3, Sabres 1. Antwawn with a hat trick.

I'm going to piggy back this here.http://www.11points.com/sports/11_At...em_Like)_Typos

IBleedUnionBlue 10-27-2011 10:54 AM

Some twitter posts hinting Buffalo may not use Miller tonight.

start winnin 10-27-2011 10:57 AM

Enroth is in, Miller is playing bad, I have more confidence in Enroth. :laugh:

Schtick 10-27-2011 11:03 AM

Confirmed with link... "Enroth" gets the start tonight.

http://wgr550.com/pages/11314011.php...tentId=9249548

Feicht 10-27-2011 12:15 PM

Johansen gets 2 goals and 3 assists, and is sent back to juniors for his effort :laugh:

BluejacketNut 10-27-2011 12:22 PM

Well at least we've lulled the league into the backup class now. Lets hope they have a short memory and dont remember the Buffalo beat down last year that triggered the late season fall. No clue what will happen, hopefully we show we're not the team the showed up in the first 8 games of the season.

61ncville 10-27-2011 12:53 PM

Hoping to keep the believe train rollin tonight baby!!!!! Comin out of this nasty sinus infection, lookin for a reason to get loud baby!!!

Chainshot 10-27-2011 01:02 PM

Sabres likely lineup:

Vanek-Adam-Pominville
Leino-Roy-Stafford
Gerbe-Gaustad-Kaleta
Ellis-McCormick-Boyes

Regehr-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
Leopold-Gragnani

Enroth starting

The Jackets seem to frequently have the Sabres number and with how disjointed two of the Sabres lines have been, it wouldn't surprise me to see them roll in, snatch two points, and roll out again.

5StringBuzz 10-27-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 38553777)
Sabres likely lineup:

Vanek-Adam-Pominville
Leino-Roy-Stafford
Gerbe-Gaustad-Kaleta
Ellis-McCormick-Boyes

Regehr-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
Leopold-Gragnani

Enroth starting

The Jackets seem to frequently have the Sabres number and with how disjointed two of the Sabres lines have been, it wouldn't surprise me to see them roll in, snatch two points, and roll out again.

Until I know which team is the real CBJ -- the 1-0-0 version or the 0-7-1 version -- any win is a pleasant surprise.

plong123 10-27-2011 02:36 PM

I'm just happy to see the Three Stooges in a GDT.

That portends a 3-2 victory.

FOR US