HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ESPN: Kyle Turris asks for a trade; TSN Reports 'Calgary and Ottawa Hottest Pursuers' (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1015347)

Winroba 10-27-2011 11:19 AM

Kyle Turris asks for a trade; TSN Reports 'Calgary and Ottawa Hottest Pursuers'

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/71...-coyotes-trade

From LeBrun

Johnny Bravo 10-27-2011 11:21 AM

wow what a winey *****. I hope he gets sent to the ahl

BruinsNeedaRussian 10-27-2011 11:22 AM

Should have done so from the start instead of insisting on a contract worth triple what he should get.

bobbyflex 10-27-2011 11:22 AM

here we go....

just friggin trade him already. wth is wrong with Maloney?

TOML 10-27-2011 11:23 AM

Isn't this old news?

stallion19 10-27-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 38548943)
here we go...

just friggin trade him already. wth is wrong with Maloney?

It's easier said than done. Who knows what kind of offers (if any) Maloney has received?

Winroba 10-27-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs (Post 38548977)
Isn't this old news?

No, he never asked for a trade, he just didn't want to talk contract

spot 10-27-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood (Post 38548873)

This~

Clearly an example of a guy leaning heavily on his draft pedigree rather then NHL performance. Good for DM.

Classic Devil 10-27-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs (Post 38548977)
Isn't this old news?

No, because he hadn't officially requested a trade before. Now he has.

Deevo 10-27-2011 11:25 AM

ATTN: Darcy Regier. Pick up the phone.

mightyquack 10-27-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stallion19 (Post 38548989)
It's easier said than done. Who knows what kind of offers (if any) Maloney has received?

Nah 'Yotes should trade him for scraps and give out the message that any prospect who doesn't want to be in Phoenix can weasel their way out easily, obviously...jeez :sarcasm:

umwoz 10-27-2011 11:26 AM

"From day 1"

joestevens29 10-27-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 38548991)
No, he never asked for a trade, he just didn't want to talk contract

Pretty sure he asked before, but this is the first time that his agent has made it public knowledge.

Tim Vezina Thomas 10-27-2011 11:26 AM

I mean, I wanna call him a little biatch for not playing, but who wants to play in Phoenix, Arizona? No offense to Coyotes fans. Who would wanna play football in British Columbia? Probably no one.

I highly doubt he isnt moved by December 1st, the Yotes could get some significant assets for him and I just dont see them getting those assets when they could use every bit of talent they can muster.

Does anyone have any insight on what he could ask for? 1st, NHL player and a prospect? Just prospects?

oceanchild 10-27-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyquack (Post 38549067)
Nah 'Yotes should trade him for scraps and give out the message that any prospect who doesn't want to be in Phoenix can weasel their way out easily, obviously...jeez :sarcasm:

because every person should be forced to have someone own thier rights for 7 years and dictate everything in their life, because they happen to be exceptional at what they do.

Leaf Rocket 10-27-2011 11:29 AM

and so it begins?

SK13 10-27-2011 11:29 AM

The whole "ask for $4M" thing was an abstract trade request.

I don't get why players don't make the request and play. At worst you'll earn some money without damaging your character across the league. All he really needed was a one-way deal to prevent getting demoted, they can't afford to have an NHL contract in the AHL.

Chandrashekhar Limit 10-27-2011 11:29 AM

This should clear things up for the 'Yotes fans.

Winroba 10-27-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stallion19 (Post 38548989)

The link says they've had several significant offers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas (Post 38549091)
I mean, I wanna call him a little biatch for not playing, but who wants to play in Phoenix, Arizona? No offense to Coyotes fans. Who would wanna play football in British Columbia? Probably no one.

I highly doubt he isnt moved by December 1st, the Yotes could get some significant assets for him and I just dont see them getting those assets when they could use every bit of talent they can muster.

Does anyone have any insight on what he could ask for? 1st, NHL player and a prospect? Just prospects?

If you mean football football then the Lions are doing awesome, if you mean soccer football then yeah the Whitecaps suck

Alberta Yote 10-27-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanchild (Post 38549141)
because every person should be forced to have someone own thier rights for 7 years and dictate everything in thier life, because they happen to be exceptional at what they do.

If you choose to play in a league where those are the negotiated terms of your employment then yes, you should be forced to follow those rules.

The Last Dynasty 10-27-2011 11:30 AM

this guy was considered a "suspect" prospect last year and one mediocre season and all of the sudden he's requesting trades for some reason

know your role Turris

Z-Diddy 10-27-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood (Post 38548873)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spot (Post 38549009)
This~

Clearly an example of a guy leaning heavily on his draft pedigree rather then NHL performance. Good for DM.

Nice try fellas, don't be expecting your wishes to come true anytime soon, he'd have to clear waivers, and thats not going to happen

mightyquack 10-27-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanchild (Post 38549141)
because every person should be forced to have someone own thier rights for 7 years and dictate everything in thier life, because they happen to be exceptional at what they do.

Turris knew the rules when he agreed to become a NHL player, now he has to deal with it. If he didn't like them, he shouldn't of gone into the NHL draft.

caley 10-27-2011 11:32 AM

I'm surprised how many people can feel so strongly about one side or the other without taking everything into account.

On one hand, I understand Don Maloney's position. Kyle Turris is a RFA and, by all rights, belongs to the Phoenix Coyotes and if Maloney doesn't want to deal him, he doesn't have to.

On the other, why would you keep someone who obviously doesn't want to play for your team? Many teams in the league have had to deal with it at one point or another (Edmonton with Pronger, Ottawa with Heatley and Berard, Vancouver with Bure, etc. etc.). It sucks, but it doesn't help your team any to keep said player around.

And with Turris, we don't know that he didn't quietly ask for a trade earlier, nor was that $4 million demand ever really substantiated (i.e. I don't recall LeBrun, McKenzie or either Phoenix or Turris talking about it). It may come down to him just not liking Dave Tippett. That happens.

I'd be surprised if Turris wasn't moved before Christmas. His value is just going to deteriorate the longer he sits out. To refuse to trade him because of some principal, to me, is just biting off your nose to spite your face.

EDIT: After reading a bit more, it's apparent that Turris DID quietly ask for a trade from Day 1, so this latest announcement is to put pressure on Maloney who is refusing to trade him.

stallion19 10-27-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winroba (Post 38549209)
The link says they've had several significant offers

If you mean football football then the Lions are doing awesome, if you mean soccer football then yeah the Whitecaps suck

Turris' agent said DM received several significant offers. Who really knows if that's true. He could be trying to create a market or put pressure on DM to deal him.