HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   The London Knights 2004/2005 Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=101629)

Douggy 09-03-2004 11:36 PM

The London Knights 2004/2005 Thread

I thought it would be cool if we had a thread and everytime someone went to a game, they could post about who they thought played well and give a little scouting report!

So if you go to a game, let us know what happens!!

Douggy 09-03-2004 11:48 PM

So I went to the Knights-Sting Pre-Season game tonight. What a stinker.

The Sting were the worst OHL team I've seen since the year the Knights only won one game!

Notes from the game:
- As I said before, the Sting got owned. Only two solid scorring chances the whole game, one of which they converted on a two-man advantage.

- Perry showed some awesome stickhanding skills, deking through many Sarnia players throughout the night, ans scorring a goal in the second period.

- Dave Bolland was a lot more physical than I remembered. Didn't really throw his weight around, but played tough and stood up for himself.

- There wasn't a single fight all game! :banghead: Now I can live with that, but when I go to an OHL, Pre-Season game, I expect to see atleast 1 fight!!! There wasn't anything even close!

- Everybody's passing was attrocious. Just ugly. Probably because it was the first game of the year

- London didn't win too many faceoffs.

- Schremp didn't do anything spectacular. He played on a line with Perry and Prust. I didn't get to see too many players, because nobody had a name on their jersey.

- Ryan Potruff looked like he seriously injured his leg in a freak accident when he slid into the end boards, backwards, on his belly with a sarnia Player on top. He lay there in agony until the Doc came out and two players helped him off. Wasn't too pretty.

- I normally watch the goalies but I didn't have a good view from where I was tonight. Maybe next time.

OKAY! It's someone elses turn to go to a game and give their thoughts!

OHLArenaGuide 09-04-2004 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douggy
So I went to the Knights-Sting Pre-Season game tonight. What a stinker.

The Sting were the worst OHL team I've seen since the year the Knights only won one game!

1) The Sting were playing a bunch of scrubs while the Knights played almost their full roster. That's why the Sting got owned. They'll have a decent team this year.

2) There's a wonderful Knights message board at http://pub38.ezboard.com/fthevoiceof...nightsfansfrm1 if you want to talk Knights.

Aver33 09-04-2004 01:38 PM

Mattias Olimb was freakin' awsome last night. He wasn't dominate but he did look good with the puck and played a high energy type game. The only thing that is against his favor is the image of Karaga from last years team.

Keep him away from Klein.

Haven't seen the other import play yet, the fella from Russia who is drafted by Chicago. Hopefully both these euro's can make some sort of impact on the team and take some pressure off the big guns.

Harrison Reed has some wheels, which is nice. Since I'd like to see the Knights be built around speed on the JLC ice. Him and Drummond could rip around the ice in the near future.

You can also check out the Knights' fan run forum as sec17 mentioned. Here's a simple shorter URL: http://goknightsgo.cjb.net/
hope to see some of you there. Good idea for a thread though Douggy.

Douggy 09-05-2004 05:55 PM

What was wrong with Karaga? I only saw him in one game but he was awesome in that game!

Boomhower 09-07-2004 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douggy
What was wrong with Karaga? I only saw him in one game but he was awesome in that game!

Nothing was wrong with Karaga up until Tim Brent put a few cheap shots on him during a scurmish in a game against St.Mikes (resulting in a concussion, stiches and a few games out of the lineup). Karaga was able to get healthy again, but was never the same player after that.

Douggy 09-07-2004 10:26 PM

He sure owned at the Div I U20s though. Him and the Kastistyns were liting it up! I wonder if he'll play up in the Main Pool this year.

Aver33 09-21-2004 05:51 PM

Rodney is a Knight! Welcome home. :handclap:

GO KNIGHTS GO!

Boomhower 09-21-2004 06:35 PM

Too bad they had to give up a defenceman, especially one who seemed to be improving. Now they're still going to be REALLY thin on the blueline, atleast until Pottruff and Rediker return.

Aver33 09-21-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomhower
Too bad they had to give up a defenceman, especially one who seemed to be improving. Now they're still going to be REALLY thin on the blueline, atleast until Pottruff and Rediker return.

Uh,

Rodney is a defenseman... a better one than Nemeth at that.

Boomhower 09-21-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aver33
Uh,

Rodney is a defenseman... a better one than Nemeth at that.

When you do the math picking up a defenceman and losing a defenceman isn't exactly adding a defenceman, now is it?

My point was fairly obviously..... I would have prefered the Knights traded goaltending or forwards to aquire another defenceman.

Apples 09-22-2004 09:30 AM

Rodney is a huge upgrade from Nemeth, especially offensively where he is one of the best in the OHL this season. He will strengthen an already dangerous Knights power play.

McDonald19 09-24-2004 08:25 PM

GAME #1: at Kitchener

it took Corey Perry 1 minute and 23 seconds to score his first goal of the season.

on the powerplay...

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...?game_id=10742

Schremp scores twice and adds an assist...

4-3 win!

CharlieGirl 09-25-2004 01:34 AM

Coleman was outstanding tonight (the Knights were outshot 45-27). Sunday's game in London ought to be interesting....

FearTheFlyers 09-25-2004 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19

Schremp scores twice and adds an assist...

4-3 win!

And still finishes -1. :)

FearTheFlyers 09-25-2004 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apples
Rodney is a huge upgrade from Nemeth, especially offensively where he is one of the best in the OHL this season. He will strengthen an already dangerous Knights power play.

Rodney is probably the 2nd best offensive d-man in the league. However he is bad in his own end and a lot of Kingston fans were not sad to see him go.

Boomhower 09-25-2004 03:50 PM

Quote:

GAME #1: at Kitchener

it took Corey Perry 1 minute and 23 seconds to score his first goal of the season.

Not only was it quick, it was an incredible goal. Boris Valabik was in good position and Perry beat him so badly that the enorous Valabik bearly even got a piece of Perry as he blew by with a nifty piece of stickhandleing and lifted the puck over DiReinzo (sp?).

McDonald19 09-25-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomhower
Not only was it quick, it was an incredible goal. Boris Valabik was in good position and Perry beat him so badly that the enorous Valabik bearly even got a piece of Perry as he blew by with a nifty piece of stickhandleing and lifted the puck over DiReinzo (sp?).

:yo: Right on...

Egghammer 09-26-2004 08:54 PM

The Knights are now 2-0-0-0. They beat Kitchener today 5-2 with Hunter getting 4 pts (2G & 2A)

McDonald19 09-26-2004 10:13 PM

anyone know how Corey Perry did in his fight?

Aver33 09-26-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

anyone know how Corey Perry did in his fight?

Speedbagged. The important thing is the Knights are kicking arse and taking names. Doesn't get much sweeter than taking 4 Pts from Kitchener to start the season. :yo: How I loathe them.

Go Knights Go!

CharlieGirl 09-26-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aver33
How I loathe them.

Trust me the feeling is completely mutual! :D

Now that I have that out of the way -- the Knights don't have any visible weaknesses - both goalies played solid games and Kitchener couldn't solve either one. Strong defense and very good forwards (that hurts me to say because I REALLY dislike everything about Corey Perry).

Enjoy watching your team this year -- teams like this don't come around very often.

FearTheFlyers 09-27-2004 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
I REALLY dislike everything about Corey Perry.

And you guys thought she was on my buddy list because she was a Ranger fan? :D

Oh, and I think Owen Sound are capable of matching the Knights this year.

PantherboyHTR 09-27-2004 05:48 PM

Havent got to watch jack this year as i am in college here in...*gasp* Sarnia. (It's a nice place, just hate their team ;) ) Anyways, I am going to try and go to all the games that the Knights play here in Sarnia, so just a heads up for them.

Douggy 09-28-2004 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR
Havent got to watch jack this year as i am in college here in...*gasp* Sarnia. (It's a nice place, just hate their team ;) ) Anyways, I am going to try and go to all the games that the Knights play here in Sarnia, so just a heads up for them.

And so you should! Lambton College is just across the street from the Sarnia Arena isn't it?