HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New Years Eve call-out! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1016609)

Lshap 10-28-2011 09:00 PM

New Years Eve call-out!

Hi all. Habs fan here.

I was at last New Years Eve game between our two clubs. Had a great time, my team won in overtime, I even got Tomas Plekanec's game stick as he came off the ice (the one I'm holding in my avatar).

One problem: It felt like a Montreal home game. Tons of loud Montrealers on vacation, all wearing their jerseys and pretty well Hab-ifying the Bank Atlantic Center. Yeah, a certain amount of the familiarity was fun, but half the fun of watching my team play in enemy territory is feeling like I'm in enemy territory. I wanted Panther fans shouting us down, cheering their team, giving me some friendly trash talk between periods. But none of that happened. The few Panther fans there stayed politely, frustratingly quiet.

The poor announcer kept egging the home crowd to make some noise, at which point the place erupted with, "Go Habs Go!". I felt bad for the Panthers, who deserved better. I dunno -- maybe there's an unspoken understanding to stay away on New Years Eve and let those annoying Montrealers rent out the joint for a night.

Anyway, I'm going again this New Year's Eve and would love to see Panther fans make some real noise and reclaim their home from us poutine-eating Canadians. Hell, I'd love to see Panther fans, period.

My sincere apologies if anyone thinks I'm being insulting or arrogant. That's not my goal at all. The game at your beautiful arena will be the highlight of my vacation and I'd really love to watch a well-fought battle between our teams. Part of the fun is having a well-fought cheering battle between two respectful fan bases. Would love to see some of you there!

Lola 10-28-2011 09:43 PM

Enjoy the game.

I will never attend another Panther/Habs game at home ever again. I've been to several arenas as the 'enemy', and it was a home game against the Habs in which a Hab fan chose to tell my 5 year old son to 'sit down and shut the **** up' when he started chanting 'go cats go'. It took a lot of sweet talking on my part to keep my husband from going to jail that night. Never again.

Pantherkidd101 10-28-2011 10:41 PM

Habs fans suck

Frek 10-29-2011 08:51 AM

With the turn around in management and players this isn't the same team of the last decade. Once our Panthers make the playoffs I suspect that interest in the team will increase. So maybe not this New Year's but next year may be a different story. In time I think the OP will get his wish.

I'll also throw in that we are going to win the season series this year.

pb1300 10-29-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherkidd101 (Post 38644317)
Habs fans suck

I agree, I cant stand them.

Laus723 10-29-2011 09:28 AM

Have to like a fan asking us to show up in our own house. :shakehead

I've said it time and again, my parents were long time STH'ers, they had several other STH'ers around them literally wear their Hab gear to that game and join in the obnoxiousness. South Florida is FULL of snowbirds, of course this is the case.

I know several die hards who won't go to this game because they literally want to avoid jail time.

Panthers have been awful for a decade. Nothing to cheer. Things are trending upward.

Would be nice if the Montrealers didn't feel the ABSOLUTE NEED to be hideously rude in someone else's house. The stories coming out of that game are disgusting. Would love to have another 7-4 drubbing this season and have it be against them.

pb1300 10-29-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 38652493)
Have to like a fan asking us to show up in our own house. :shakehead

I've said it time and again, my parents were long time STH'ers, they had several other STH'ers around them literally wear their Hab gear to that game and join in the obnoxiousness. South Florida is FULL of snowbirds, of course this is the case.

I know several die hards who won't go to this game because they literally want to avoid jail time.

Panthers have been awful for a decade. Nothing to cheer. Things are trending upward.

Would be nice if the Montrealers didn't feel the ABSOLUTE NEED to be hideously rude in someone else's house. The stories coming out of that game are disgusting. Would love to have another 7-4 drubbing this season and have it be against them.

I actually got into a fight with someone at the Habs game a few years ago. I can take their crap when they talk to me, but when one of them started to disrespect my mother, then that is when I had a problem. I use to sit in 409, 3w, seats 6-8. Someone behind me called by mother a b!$ch, and I got up and had a few words with him. I sat back down and he started talking crap to me, and how I was all talk, so I ended up going upstairs and slapped the $@!$ out of him, and told him that while I dont hit women, I would make an exception for him. As soon as he got up, I pushed him onto a couple of friends of his, and was ready to pummel his @ss, but my friend stepped in, as did some other fans there. I have to admit, visiting the Patron bar before the game didnt help, but since we ended it there, it was a happy rest of the night for my friend, mom, and I, as I didnt hear anything else from that clown.

I dont get into fights when I go to games, especially hockey games, but when people disrespect me, or my family, the way he did, then I have a major problem with that. Hab fans are by far the most disrespectful fans in the league, and I can give two $@%! about their team, city, or fan base, and nothing would make me happier than seeing them NEVER win another cup. I know there are occasional bad apples in the barrel, but with Hab fans, its the opposite, as there are only a few good apples in the barrel.

adam graves 10-29-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lshap (Post 38639569)
Hi all. Habs fan here.

I was at last New Years Eve game between our two clubs. Had a great time, my team won in overtime, I even got Tomas Plekanec's game stick as he came off the ice (the one I'm holding in my avatar).

One problem: It felt like a Montreal home game. Tons of loud Montrealers on vacation, all wearing their jerseys and pretty well Hab-ifying the Bank Atlantic Center. Yeah, a certain amount of the familiarity was fun, but half the fun of watching my team play in enemy territory is feeling like I'm in enemy territory. I wanted Panther fans shouting us down, cheering their team, giving me some friendly trash talk between periods. But none of that happened. The few Panther fans there stayed politely, frustratingly quiet.

The poor announcer kept egging the home crowd to make some noise, at which point the place erupted with, "Go Habs Go!". I felt bad for the Panthers, who deserved better. I dunno -- maybe there's an unspoken understanding to stay away on New Years Eve and let those annoying Montrealers rent out the joint for a night.

Anyway, I'm going again this New Year's Eve and would love to see Panther fans make some real noise and reclaim their home from us poutine-eating Canadians. Hell, I'd love to see Panther fans, period.

My sincere apologies if anyone thinks I'm being insulting or arrogant. That's not my goal at all. The game at your beautiful arena will be the highlight of my vacation and I'd really love to watch a well-fought battle between our teams. Part of the fun is having a well-fought cheering battle between two respectful fan bases. Would love to see some of you there!

Well since this year we are in a playoff hunt and you are on tank patrol, i predict a different Crowd. We will be kind hosts and help u to your cellar goal and top draft choice.
Btw do you think ANY Canadian team will make the playoffs? So sad.

Panthers Rock 10-29-2011 09:46 AM

I understand the animosity some might have towards the Habs fans that attended that game, the OP has a point in that we need to come out as fans and take back our house, make some noise and actually outnumber opposing fans.

Try not to take out your issues with other Habs fans on the OP, please.

adam graves 10-29-2011 10:18 AM

Maybe I'm an old cynic but I'm not seeing the sincerity in the Op.

nevertheless as you say the message is right. We should make sure every panther fan possible attends this game.

Laus723 10-29-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers Rock (Post 38652903)
I understand the animosity some might have towards the Habs fans that attended that game, the OP has a point in that we need to come out as fans and take back our house, make some noise and actually outnumber opposing fans.

Try not to take out your issues with other Habs fans on the OP, please.

Thread shouldn't exist, you're not going to get anything but what you're asking us not to do. And I take issue with it being an OK thread.

adam graves 10-29-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 38652665)
I actually got into a fight with someone at the Habs game a few years ago. I can take their crap when they talk to me, but when one of them started to disrespect my mother, then that is when I had a problem. I use to sit in 409, 3w, seats 6-8. Someone behind me called by mother a b!$ch, and I got up and had a few words with him. I sat back down and he started talking crap to me, and how I was all talk, so I ended up going upstairs and slapped the $@!$ out of him, and told him that while I dont hit women, I would make an exception for him. As soon as he got up, I pushed him onto a couple of friends of his, and was ready to pummel his @ss, but my friend stepped in, as did some other fans there. I have to admit, visiting the Patron bar before the game didnt help, but since we ended it there, it was a happy rest of the night for my friend, mom, and I, as I didnt hear anything else from that clown.

I dont get into fights when I go to games, especially hockey games, but when people disrespect me, or my family, the way he did, then I have a major problem with that. Hab fans are by far the most disrespectful fans in the league, and I can give two $@%! about their team, city, or fan base, and nothing would make me happier than seeing them NEVER win another cup. I know there are occasional bad apples in the barrel, but with Hab fans, its the opposite, as there are only a few good apples in the barrel.

If we win pls join us at panther land as we serenade our new years eve guests a warm goodnight.

Laus723 10-29-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 38653987)
If we win pls join us at panther land as we serenade our new years eve guests a warm goodnight.

PB is in Greece, but I'm going to try hard to be there. Will definitely join in with the crew's after party.

PB, great story. I've had plenty of words with people throughout the years, but most back down when I stand up. Everyone's a talker, but few want to actually do something. My dad started up with a guy several years before he passed and we both stood up. Bigger guy, don't think he liked the idea of both of us, lol.

adam graves 10-29-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 38654079)
PB is in Greece, but I'm going to try hard to be there. Will definitely join in with the crew's after party.

PB, great story. I've had plenty of words with people throughout the years, but most back down when I stand up. Everyone's a talker, but few want to actually do something. My dad started up with a guy several years before he passed and we both stood up. Bigger guy, don't think he liked the idea of both of us, lol.

Would luv to have ya ! Lots of flags and glitter ready for a happy occasion.

FlaPnthrsPunk 10-29-2011 11:58 AM

I actually appreciate that this OP is just trying to be nice unlike the rest of the Habs fans whom are the rudest bunch of assclowns that I've ever met. It's true that this thread shouldn't exist and hopefully it won't in the future. I don't know if I'll be down in South Florida for New Years yet, and if I am, I'll be sure to go the game. I'm just hoping that we play better than in the 2-1 win and beat the absolute **** out of them and it will be the most enjoyable game ever.

RainingRats 10-29-2011 11:59 AM

I've never had any issues with Habs fans. I enjoy their obsession.

RainingRats 10-29-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 38652665)

You're ridiculous.

adam graves 10-29-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 38656655)
You're ridiculous.

Try sitting next to them. 3x yr, for the last 10-15 yrs. It wouldn't sound ridiculous.

Pantherkidd101 10-29-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

You're ridiculous.

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/w...ir-Eyeroll.gif

pb1300 10-29-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

You're ridiculous.

Why am I ridiculous? I had the same seats from 2000-2008, and I RARELY had any issues whatsoever. The only times I had problems was during a couple of Habs games, and a couple of Ranger games. Even the Flyer and Leaf fans werent as bad as them. The only other problem I had was a few times at the St Pete Times Forum, where again my mom was getting disrespected. Ive heard a lot of crap going to Fins games for two decades, especially when I went to a Fins-Jests game, or when I went to the OB for a Canes-F$U game, but I never thought I would hear the same things at a Panther hockey game.

RainingRats 10-29-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 38656769)
Try sitting next to them. 3x yr, for the last 10-15 yrs. It wouldn't sound ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherkidd101 (Post 38656815)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 38658673)
Why am I ridiculous? I had the same seats from 2000-2008, and I RARELY had any issues whatsoever. The only times I had problems was during a couple of Habs games, and a couple of Ranger games. Even the Flyer and Leaf fans werent as bad as them. The only other problem I had was a few times at the St Pete Times Forum, where again my mom was getting disrespected. Ive heard a lot of crap going to Fins games for two decades, especially when I went to a Fins-Jests game, or when I went to the OB for a Canes-F$U game, but I never thought I would hear the same things at a Panther hockey game.

grown men shouldn't be fighting. nothing good can happen.

Lshap 10-29-2011 02:16 PM

Holy crap -- are these responses for real?? I can't believe there's so much bad karma about a fan base you've barely met and clearly don't know.

I'm sorry for Lola and pb1300's experiences, whose family members were insulted by some idiot Habs fan. But is it actually necessary to state the painfully obvious: There are idiots in EVERY fan base. Judging Montrealers based on one person at one game is like me saying, "Florida fans suck because they don't even show up." I'm NOT saying that, because I recognize that an annual New Year's Eve game stocked with vacationers is NOT a way to judge the average Panthers fan, just like it's NOT the place to judge the typical Habs fan.

Thanks to FlaPnthrsPunk and PanthersRock for realizing my intentions really are good. They are. As for the rest of you guys, curb the generalizations -- you've made some leaps and assumptions that are just plain wrong. I can't talk for the entire fan base, naturally, but neither I nor anyone I know would ever EVER yell at a child, disrespect a parent or be any sort of pr*ck when visiting someone else's home. Which is part of my point: I recognize that the Bank Atlantic Center is YOUR home and I'd like to get a better sense of the hosts. Geez, I'll even tell you where I'm sitting if it helps my credibility.

As RainingRats correctly pointed out, Habs fans ARE kind of obsessed. But that's probably the worst thing you can hang on us, in general. How's this -- I'll consider the negative comments here to be sincerely made, but mistaken. All I ask in return is to consider that your bad impression might be based on one drunken moron, and not to hang your dislike on an entire city of pretty cool, nice people.

Laus723 10-29-2011 02:20 PM

Nope. Not remotely close. Look around when you're here next. I've had a friend have beer dumped on him and his daughter, females harassed and taunted, name calling to the extreme, arrogance, obnoxiousness, taunts, etc. You and your friends may not do these things, but don't tell us they're wrong when they've happened. To family, friends, and myself.

We know all about Montreal fans, the one's who visit here. Those who don't come to this game/stay in Montreal, very likely could be a terrific bunch. The overwhelming majority of those who come here are nothing but *******s. That you felt the need to make such a thread speaks of fanbase arrogance.

Laus723 10-29-2011 02:24 PM

I've been to games in Tampa and have had things thrown at me, but I've also had some great talks with people, too. A few Hab fans have been fine, but the others outweigh them, by far. Sorry, just the harsh reality.

adam graves 10-29-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 38661469)
Nope. Not remotely close. Look around when you're here next. I've had a friend have beer dumped on him and his daughter, females harassed and taunted, name calling to the extreme, arrogance, obnoxiousness, taunts, etc. You and your friends may not do these things, but don't tell us they're wrong when they've happened. To family, friends, and myself.

We know all about Montreal fans, the one's who visit here. Those who don't come to this game/stay in Montreal, very likely could be a terrific bunch. The overwhelming majority of those who come here are nothing but *******s. That you felt the need to make such a thread speaks of fanbase arrogance.

This.

BTW, imagine starting a thread on the habs site... " hey guys, panther fan coming in peace, looks like your tanking this year, who do you think you will dumb at deadline for a 3rd rounder?