HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   David Rundblad II (Bigup Blade Runner on his first goal! 11/27/11 vs. Canes) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1016715)

Cujomi 10-28-2011 10:46 PM

David Rundblad II (Bigup Blade Runner on his first goal! 11/27/11 vs. Canes)

Guess the other one got too big? I figure I don't mind making this topic. :)

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=49&id=131090

For those of you that missed it. This is the GWG. Rundblad strips the puck at the blueline, makes a nifty backhanded pass to Alfie and the rest is history. Great play and hope to see many more! :yo:

Benny FTW 10-28-2011 11:38 PM

High Five

thephillyflu 10-29-2011 03:29 AM

Haha, really watering down the expression "... and the rest is history", are we?

jbeck5 10-29-2011 03:50 AM

I like turtles!

TheBandWagon 10-29-2011 09:32 AM

such a smart play by numéro 7. great play pulling players away then dumping it back to Alfy

Marvelous Manked 10-29-2011 10:31 AM

I thought David Rundblad had a kid named David Rundblad II. That would be pretty bad-ass.

Cujomi 10-29-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanMonahan (Post 38654203)
I thought David Rundblad had a kid named David Rundblad II. That would be pretty bad-ass.

:laugh:

Hoping he gets his first goal tonight...and then puts up a point in every game from now until he retires. :naughty:

Bumblebeenineteen 10-29-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanMonahan (Post 38654203)

I think he'll be namned David Rundblad VII.

jbeck5 10-29-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJam613 (Post 38654865)
:laugh:

Hoping he gets his first goal tonight...and then puts up a point in every game from now until he retires. :naughty:

Just a heads up, the games not tonight, its at 3pm. Dont want you to miss it! ;)

Dosing 10-29-2011 05:06 PM

Haven't seen rundblad this season but judging by today it's looking lk he adjusted quick, even if he havent got ne points he creates alot of chanses and looks dynamic, offensively ;p

Minister of Offence 10-29-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dosing (Post 38671177)
Haven't seen rundblad this season but judging by today it's looking lk he adjusted quick, even if he havent got ne points he creates alot of chanses and looks dynamic, offensively ;p

He'll get points as soon as he gets on the main pp unit, he will otherwise too just needs to bury 1.

His minutes aren't overly high right now, but he's doing everything right in them. Got rewarded with good toi in ot.

His blood is cold as ice.

Super Six 10-29-2011 05:28 PM

You can see him getting better faster and faster.
He has most of Karlssons offensive ability while being bigger and more stable on D once he's smoothed out. What a steal.

Batali Crocs* 10-29-2011 05:33 PM

You can see this kid has skill. His points will come.

Minister of Offence 10-29-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Six (Post 38672191)
You can see him getting better faster and faster.
He has most of Karlssons offensive ability while being bigger and more stable on D once he's smoothed out. What a steal.

He's got Karlssons puck skill, not the speed, but he's got better timing and poise and stuff would be my comparison.

Again, a standout on transition. Decision making, very strong, used to he a concern.

Cujomi 10-29-2011 05:50 PM

Man I feel like Rundblad should have had a point today. He made some pretty nice plays.

Ghost in the Shell 10-29-2011 07:29 PM

If he keeps up this play, he'll soon have to find a permanent place in Ottawa.

Asquaredx2 10-29-2011 08:36 PM

I wonder how long it's going to take for opposition forwards to realize you should never, ever charge Rundblad when he's got the puck at the blue-line. He embarrasses them every time. That toe-drag today was jaw-dropping.

Bumblebeenineteen 10-30-2011 04:32 AM

I saw yesterdays game vs Rangers, first time I've seen Rundblad since he left my Skellefteċ AIK. I am a real Rundblad homer, and I absolutly love his way of playing hockey. He is the best and most exciting player I've seen play in SEL - ever.

However, I have to say that his performance yesterday left me... like, meh. Obviously needs to work on his skating and overall intensity, looked like he didn't want the puck or participate where there was any action. This wasn't the Rundblad i've come to know for the past 4-5 seasons. He is the type of player that can dictate the speed of the game.

Of course, I know the game is a little different, but Rundblad is nowhere near getting into his comfort zone. Hopefully when he does, he'll be at least 50% better than vs NYR. I really hope he will continue to improve and earn some time on the PP, so that he'll grow in confidence.

Btw, Erik Karlsson was a beast yesterday. Rundblad can definately be as good in time, let's hope it happens.

Cujomi 10-30-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumblebeenineteen (Post 38708931)
I saw yesterdays game vs Rangers, first time I've seen Rundblad since he left my Skellefteċ AIK. I am a real Rundblad homer, and I absolutly love his way of playing hockey. He is the best and most exciting player I've seen play in SEL - ever.

However, I have to say that his performance yesterday left me... like, meh. Obviously needs to work on his skating and overall intensity, looked like he didn't want the puck or participate where there was any action. This wasn't the Rundblad i've come to know for the past 4-5 seasons. He is the type of player that can dictate the speed of the game.

Of course, I know the game is a little different, but Rundblad is nowhere near getting into his comfort zone. Hopefully when he does, he'll be at least 50% better than vs NYR. I really hope he will continue to improve and earn some time on the PP, so that he'll grow in confidence.

Btw, Erik Karlsson was a beast yesterday. Rundblad can definately be as good in time, let's hope it happens.

This is nice to hear considering he's been very good for Ottawa as a rookie already. He's played solid defence and some of his offensive forays have been really impressive -- he's unlucky not to have more points than he does already. Thanks for the post. :)

guyzeur 10-30-2011 09:00 AM

After making a thread about : "would you still trade Cowen a year ago"...It`s time to ask this question:

Would you prefer to have Tarasenko or Rundblad?

Assuming Murray would have drafted the russian prospect?

svartgul 10-30-2011 10:16 AM

Bumblebeenineteen: I've seen all Ottawa games and Rundblad haven't played much better than this. He's very very far from his SEL comfort zone but this is to be expected during the transition to the NHL. I didn't expect him to play the way he did in Skellefteċ at the get go. What I find humorous is when Sens fans get so excited by some Rundblad play that isn't even that great for being him. He's been very tentative, slow in descision making and scared to do his thing this season, he's got ways to go.

sens2k9 10-30-2011 10:26 AM

When i was a kid I remember watching this guy play football. It was unreal how he just had this knack for making people miss him and somehow come out ahead. Granted, 3 out of 4 plays didn't amount to much, but that 4th play... wow. His name was Barry Sanders.

I get the same feeling when I watch Rundblad.

Asquaredx2 10-30-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svartgul (Post 38712635)
Bumblebeenineteen: I've seen all Ottawa games and Rundblad haven't played much better than this. He's very very far from his SEL comfort zone but this is to be expected during the transition to the NHL. I didn't expect him to play the way he did in Skellefteċ at the get go. What I find humorous is when Sens fans get so excited by some Rundblad play that isn't even that great for being him. He's been very tentative, slow in descision making and scared to do his thing this season, he's got ways to go.

Well, we're more than satisfied so far. He's actually been much more of a calming presence than I was expecting in the defensive zone. When he gets the puck on his stick he's patient enough (and obviously talented enough) to find space for himself and get the puck up to the forwards.

Offensively he hasn't been given a huge role thus far because of 65 and 55 but in the offensive opportunities he's gotten he's been pretty good, although he defers a bit too much. Some of the moves - especially the toe-drags - he pulls at the point are incredible. So I would say that he definitely doesn't look out of place. Probably as he gets more comfortable his game will become considerably more dynamic.

It's an exciting prospect to think of how scary of a double-threat Karlsson and Rundblad could be even only one or two years down the line.

Minister of Offence 10-30-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svartgul (Post 38712635)

I'm not really sure if were going to see him do some of the things he did last year. Some of those little things are subtle but also things you dont see anyone else doing.

Few people have a knack of deking guys out with barely a movement. I agree though, he's still learning when to be careful and when he can go nuts.

He needs to be on the top unit before we really see the way he can exploit space. He'll make us tough on 4 on 4 too.

I R Baboon 10-30-2011 12:23 PM

I'm kind of surprised by his start. I've seen him play maybe 25-30 games in total and the impression I've got from him was that he's an incredibly talented bonehead. That he's tentative and trying to explore what he can and can't do is actually quite encouraging for me. He really does seem like guy that learns from his mistakes. The aftermath of that one WJC speaks to that as well.

Karlsson and Rundblad running a defensive pairing of their own for 25 minutes/game is a scary thought if they both reach their potential.