HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What if John Tortorella was the coah of the Isles and Rick Dipietro was his goalie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1017577)

nhlfan9191 10-29-2011 11:36 PM

What if John Tortorella was the coah of the Isles and Rick Dipietro was his goalie

Could you imagine Torts coaching DP?:D

StrongIslanders90 10-29-2011 11:37 PM

I wish Torts was the coach....we need a guy that has fire in him......Tonite was the only time I saw cappy get upset.....Coach Weight was actually the one going the most crazy....

Machinehead 10-29-2011 11:37 PM

If John Tortorella was coach of the Isles then the Isles would suck. Worst coach in the league.

Strome18 10-29-2011 11:45 PM

A better thread would be "With snow falling before Halloween in the Tri-State area, will the Devs, Rags, and Isles come out of the bottom in goal scoring in the league?"

They are Last and next to last in goals scored.

Another thread is "With the Isles losing 5 and Detroit losing 4, which fans are really annoyed?"

Which coach lasts the week in their city?

:sarcasm:

ledzep1212 10-30-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 38700669)
I wish Torts was the coach....we need a guy that has fire in him......Tonite was the only time I saw cappy get upset.....Coach Weight was actually the one going the most crazy....

lol, Torts is so much of a better coach than Cappy that his team is a measly point better than the Isles.

number72 10-30-2011 01:37 AM

Torts would be playing Montoya and benching DP.
Also islanders would have to block every shot, finish checks etc.
And he is not beyond benching Taveres if he is belligerent.

ledzep1212 10-30-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by number72 (Post 38705891)
Torts would be playing Montoya and benching DP.
Also islanders would have to block every shot, finish checks etc.
And he is not beyond benching Taveres if he is belligerent.

You do realize Cappy has benched Tavares 2 or 3 times already right? Also why don't you go over to the Rangers board, and ask them their opinions on Torts, I will give you a hint: they aren't big fans.

Kane One 10-30-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledzep1212 (Post 38706171)
You do realize Cappy has benched Tavares 2 or 3 times already right? Also why don't you go over to the Rangers board, and ask them their opinions on Torts, I will give you a hint: they aren't big fans.

Yea, no one likes Tortorella. Apparently almost everyone wants him fired. If he was the coach of the Isles, there's no way he ever starts DiPietro.

Isles Junkie 10-30-2011 02:29 AM

I believe that Capuano & Snow don't want DiPietro around. It's Charles that's pulling that string. Torts may act all tough, but I bet if he was the Isles head coach he'd have handled everything just as Capuano has. He'd grit his teeth & do what his employer tells him to.

DP played decently tonight. That 1st goal was awful, but you can't fault him on the other 2. but the guy is just a headache that the club doesn't need.

OlTimeHockey 10-30-2011 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 38706995)
I believe that Capuano & Snow don't want DiPietro around. It's Charles that's pulling that string. Torts may act all tough, but I bet if he was the Isles head coach he'd have handled everything just as Capuano has. He'd grit his teeth & do what his employer tells him to.

DP played decently tonight. That 1st goal was awful, but you can't fault him on the other 2. but the guy is just a headache that the club doesn't need.

Headaches go away.

DP IS HERPES.

startainfection 10-31-2011 03:03 AM

1 he would be opposed to larger nets
2 he would have a heart attack

CanseiDeSerBreakcore 10-31-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 38706995)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey (Post 38708605)
Headaches go away.

DP IS HERPES.

ZING! :laugh: