HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Giroux vs Mike Richards vs Kesler (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1017597)

Tavaresmagicalplay* 10-29-2011 11:52 PM

Giroux vs Mike Richards vs Kesler

I think it's finally that time where we can say each of these guys are in the same class.

Here's how I see it.

Playmaking:Giroux>>>>>Richards>>Kesler

Goalscoring:Kesler>>Richards=Giroux

Defensive play: I honestly believe that Kesler is the only legitimate shutdown/lockdown defender of these three. I didn't think that a year ago. I did think that 2 years ago though.;)

Physicality:Kesler/Richards>>>>Giroux

Intangitoews:All three of these guys are very toewsy but Kesler is probably the least toewsy.

Leadership:...how the hell would I know?

Canucks5551 10-29-2011 11:56 PM

Which Richards? Mike?

Tavaresmagicalplay* 10-29-2011 11:57 PM

yes mike:facepalm: my mistake

ToddRundgren 10-29-2011 11:59 PM

Giroux, then Kesler, then Richards

Dominate Kesler 10-30-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay (Post 38701577)
I think it's finally that time where we can say each of these guys are in the same class.

Here's how I see it.

Playmaking:Giroux>>>>>Richards>>Kesler

Goalscoring:Kesler>>Richards=Giroux

Defensive play: I honestly believe that Kesler is the only legitimate shutdown/lockdown defender of these three. I didn't think that a year ago. I did think that 2 years ago though.;)

Physicality:Kesler/Richards>>>>Giroux

Intangitoews:All three of these guys are very toewsy but Kesler is probably the least toewsy.

Leadership:...how the hell would I know?

let me fill in the blanks. . .

leadership: richards just got traded AS A CAPTIAN no less. just shows what type of leader he is. no offense to giroux but kesler is better leader between the two. i take the player who led his team to the finals. . .

intangibles: somewhat even but kesler did shut down toews in the 1st round. . .

overall, giroux is hot right now but i take richards and kesler over him. . .

ESH 10-30-2011 12:16 AM

Kesler... Giroux is pretty overrated, IMO.

And I'd actually say Kesler is a better playmaker than Mike Richards.

Defensively, Mike Richards is actually pretty good...

serge2k 10-30-2011 12:45 AM

Kesler
Giroux
Richards

I like the 40 goals/physical play/selke defence for kesler. Giroux is the better offensive player, I think Kelser is the rarer, better player.

Co Ho* 10-30-2011 12:49 AM

Giroux > Kesler > Richards.
In terms of potential and value. Kesler and Richards offer more defensive support, but Giroux's offensive ceiling and ability to raise his game in the playoffs gives him the edge.

Vipers31 10-30-2011 12:50 AM

I think Kesler and Richards are fairly close. And while the Flyers haven't always made perfect decisions, keeping Giroux over Richards is one that I wouldn't second guess for a second. This is Giroux for me, easily. So he is pretty hyped right now, but it's not Giroux's fault he had been underrated before. Also, scoring more goals in past years doesn't equal "better goalscoring ability", and using leadership and intangibles as two seperate categories, as abstract as they are, is beyond questionable, to say the very least.

Eamonn* 10-30-2011 12:52 AM

Giroux >>> Richards > Kesler

Also should note that he is at a PPG in the playoffs in his career.

no name 10-30-2011 12:52 AM

Anyone who says Richards is not a shutdown center is selling fake breasts to dudes.

Tavaresmagicalplay* 10-30-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESH (Post 38702861)
Kesler... Giroux is pretty overrated, IMO.

And I'd actually say Kesler is a better playmaker than Mike Richards.

Defensively, Mike Richards is actually pretty good...

You obviously didn't watch the game. Giroux dominated offensively in a way neither Kesler or Richards could.
Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 38704623)
Anyone who says Richards is not a shutdown center is selling fake breasts to dudes.

I honestly think he is overrated defensively. He gives you a lot, but he's not quite in that tier imo.

no name 10-30-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay (Post 38704653)
You obviously didn't watch the game. Giroux dominated offensively in a way neither Kesler or Richards could.

That's hyperbole.

Sayonara77 10-30-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eamonn (Post 38704615)
Giroux >>> Richards > Kesler

Also should note that he is at a PPG in the playoffs in his career.

How is giroux that much better than richards and kesler? Giroux is getting ridiculously overrated due to his hot start so far. Just another what have you done for me lately mentality hype...

Anyways

I'd go with

Kesler
Giroux
M.Richards

Tavaresmagicalplay* 10-30-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 38704723)
That's hyperbole.

It's really not. The passes this guy makes so few players can make. He brings an element that neither guy brings and he's very good defensively as well.

Rooooooooooxxxanne* 10-30-2011 12:57 AM

Tough poll, but I'm gonna say Giroux, really looks like the guy is elevating his game to another level this year.

Sayonara77 10-30-2011 12:59 AM

@ Tavares magical play: Holy hyperbole batman. I'm guessing you missed kesler's series of games against nashville in the playoffs? All in all it's a reasonably good poll but your overreactive posts are ridiculous.

Tavaresmagicalplay* 10-30-2011 01:06 AM

http://forums.vr-zone.com/photopost/...m_down_bro.jpg

I think Kesler is the best player right now for the record. You're failing to understand what I'm saying. He dominated "in a way that neither Kesler or Richards could". His vision is something almost nobody in the league has. It's not a strike against those two. They're great players.

You're everlasting ***** for Kesler is sending you into an unnecessary rage.

Sayonara77 10-30-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay (Post 38705051)
http://forums.vr-zone.com/photopost/...m_down_bro.jpg

I think Kesler is the best player right now for the record. You're failing to understand what I'm saying. He dominated "in a way that neither Kesler or Richards could". His vision is something almost nobody in the league has. It's not a strike against those two. They're great players.

You're everlasting ***** for Kesler is sending you into an unnecessary rage.

Err, I'm not sure how or where in my posts imply that I have "unnecessary rage" or need to calm down. Pretty hilarious how you telling me to calm down with that last post, when you are the one going erratic all over the place. It's pretty obvious you are the one who needs to relax and ease off and should refrain from making over the top statements regarding this patented giroux hype.

Like I said before, giroux may be the more talented and skilled player, but saying " His vision is something almost nobody in the league has", is the complete definition of hyperbole and possible idiocy.

Jray42 10-30-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayonara77 (Post 38705369)
Err, I'm not sure how in my posts imply that I have "unnecessary rage" or need to calm down. Pretty hilarious how you telling me to calm down, when you are the one going erratic all over the place. It's pretty obvious you are the one who needs to relax and ease off with this patented giroux hype.

Like I said before, giroux may be the more talented and skilled player, but saying " His vision is something almost nobody in the league has", is the complete definition of hyperbole and possible idiocy.

It's actually not that far-fetched.

He has the best vision I've seen in a Flyers uniform since Peter Forsberg was here. No one (on the Flyers) has come close, it might even be one of his or his best assets.

Co Ho* 10-30-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayonara77 (Post 38704743)
How is giroux that much better than richards and kesler? Giroux is getting ridiculously overrated due to his hot start so far. Just another what have you done for me lately mentality hype...

Anyways

I'd go with

Kesler
Giroux
M.Richards

Did you watch Philly in the playoffs much last year? Giroux absolutely dominated, he was like Kesler in the Nashville series, except he plays at that tempo every single game.

Tavaresmagicalplay* 10-30-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayonara77 (Post 38705369)

I really don't know what to say to that. Watch more hockey I guess.

BLAME CANADA* 10-30-2011 01:37 AM

It's pretty close, you can't go wrong whoever you pick.

Sayonara77 10-30-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 38705759)
Did you watch Philly in the playoffs much last year? Giroux absolutely dominated, he was like Kesler in the Nashville series, except he plays at that tempo every single game.

Ah yes, I happened to watch philly in the playoffs last year (yes he was impressive despite scoring 1 goal in 11 games), but what does that have to do with what I said? Besides it's irrelevant in regards to who the better player is currently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay (Post 38705847)
I really don't know what to say to that. Watch more hockey I guess.

Nice retort, meaning you have nothing reasonable to add.

Tavaresmagicalplay* 10-30-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayonara77 (Post 38706047)
Nice retort, meaning you have nothing reasonable to add.

How else can I respond to that? You clearly don't watch the player play. The guy is one of the best playmakers in the league. If you don't think so you don't watch hockey.:dunno: Sorry.