HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Columbus Dispatch: Coaching, GM changes imminent? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1017695)

CBJBrassard16 10-30-2011 02:33 AM

Coaching, GM changes imminent?

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ers/index.html

http://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/sta...38547924045824

@Aportzline Aaron Portzline
Puck-rakers: #CBJ's woeful start could lead to GM, coaching changes by Monday; Hitchcock, Button among those contacted

"The Blue Jackets, off to a woeful 1-9-1 start, may be on the verge of making substantial changes.

Multiple NHL sources have informed The Dispatch early Sunday that Jackets president Mike Priest has contacted Ken Hitchcock about returning as the club’s coach, and that former Calgary Flames general manager Craig Button has been contacted about taking on the same job with the Jackets."

Sens Mile 10-30-2011 02:37 AM

I think this is contingent on a loss vs the Ducks

Doug19 10-30-2011 02:37 AM

neither of those two were named replacements yet.

CBJBrassard16 10-30-2011 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 38707991)
I think this is contingent on a loss vs the Ducks

If it wasn't going to happen, they wouldn't have told them to be on high alert. Its going to happen.

CBJBrassard16 10-30-2011 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug61 (Post 38707993)
neither of those two were named replacements yet.

thats why I only put it as Speculation.

Feicht 10-30-2011 02:44 AM

Yeah I mean... at this point...

Leaf Rocket 10-30-2011 02:49 AM

It's not official yet folks but it's under heavy speculation.

Also please quote only a segment of the article, don't post the entire thing to follow the rules of board.

Leaf Rocket 10-30-2011 02:50 AM

Also should mention didn't realize you guys were in such a disarray all the best although gotta say im not exactly a big fan of button.

CBJBrassard16 10-30-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 38708159)
It's not official yet folks but it's under heavy speculation.

Also please quote only a segment of the article, don't post the entire thing to follow the rules of board.

Sorry, done.

Matthew 10-30-2011 02:51 AM

Speculation, but speculation coming from the team's beat writer.

I'm probably on the same page as most here. I'm on team "anybody who can fix this ****".

Sens Mile 10-30-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 38708073)
If it wasn't going to happen, they wouldn't have told them to be on high alert. Its going to happen.

SO you are telling me with a win tomorrow they are wiping out the staff?:help:

CBJBrassard16 10-30-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 38708209)
SO you are telling me with a win tomorrow they are wiping out the staff?:help:

So 2-9-1 saves everyone?

I would really hope not.

Leaf Rocket 10-30-2011 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 38708181)
Sorry, done.

no problem.

I really am curious on what will happen with this situation though, ill probably join you guys from time to time to see whats up. Definitely know what you guys are going through for sure though.

MFRONE 10-30-2011 03:08 AM

Bad thread title, even with the speculation tag

The Four Seven 10-30-2011 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFRONE (Post 38708401)
Bad thread title, even with the speculation tag

Indeed. I thought something had actually happened.

TBJF 10-30-2011 05:12 AM

Even if the speculation becomes fact, I fear it will merely prove what a number of people have been saying for two years (and which I only bought into last season).

The rebuilding of this franchise has to start at the very top: As long as Mike Priest is President, this organization will continue to flounder.

I have great respect for Hitchcock but to un-fire him would seem to me like an admission of cluelessness.

I hope I'm wrong, and that things get fixed and this team starts moving toward respectability. But I'm not going to be able to pretend to believe that Button and/or Hitchcock is/are the answer.

Renion 10-30-2011 06:20 AM

The listed names interest me not at all. Hope the unlisted ones are better.

Of course, as soon as they hear Priest is on the prowl for people to right the ship in Columbus, they'll all be unlisted.

MFRONE 10-30-2011 06:20 AM

Hitch would just be a quick fix for the season, similar to what the Devils did last season.

KeithBWhittington 10-30-2011 06:51 AM

There's a reason Button has been behind the analysts desk for a few seasons, the speculated moves, if they were to happen, don't fill me with a ton of confidence, but at least the GM candidate would be from outside the organization....

Hitchcock can't offer us much, maybe the team plays and wins a few more games, but the coaching change will be the most cosmetic of the two, the fans are angry, I just don't see how Hitchcock helps us out in the short term much. RyJo will be on the next plane back to Portland, Brass banished to the fourth line, book it.

I also have a hard time believing something like this gets leaked unless its all but a "done deal".... Hitchcock has been speculated since the season mostly because he's still on the payroll and it makes finanacial sense to look their for a Interim coach, but speculating on Howson's potential replacement, even if its just in an interim basis, ratchets things up big time.

Portie has thrown things against the wall before, he better hope he trusts his sources with this one, it has potential to explode, big time, if he's been chasing a rumor only.

ratm5 10-30-2011 07:13 AM

Do it now. I'm not thrilled with Button but I don't want Howson making anymore moves to fix this team. He's done enough.

Seedtype 10-30-2011 07:21 AM

If you're gonna fire both GM and Coach than you must fire the President as well.
I have no problem with firing Arniel, clearly he is not getting the job done and this team seem in total breakdown mode when it comes to assignments-showing a breakdown in system.(Though I'm not sure what Hitchcock is gonna do, the team totally broke down in front of him as well)
And what's the point of hiring a new GM now? Unless he makes all the right moves somehow... he could potentially screw us long term a la Maclean.
Man, this really sucks, I can't believe this is HOW the season started.

Iron Balls McGinty 10-30-2011 07:42 AM

Here is another topic I started thinking about after I read that article.

Veteran players like Nash and Umberger signed extensions w/ NTC after buying into what Howson was building. Obviously that isn't working. If Hoson goes and the way this season has begun, is it feasible to think players like Nash and Umberger will "quit" on the team and want out in the same way Carson Plamer forced his way out of Cincinnati? The Bengals are obviously a far better team this season without any quitters on it.

EspenK 10-30-2011 07:55 AM

To me an argument could be made that they both have quit already.

Iron Balls McGinty 10-30-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EspenK (Post 38710113)
To me an argument could be made that they both have quit already.

I can see that side of it as well. I just wonder if there could be a complete housecleaning of players coming as well where nobody is offlimits. We might as well rebuild like a new expansion team.

RBarRegular 10-30-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty (Post 38710135)
I can see that side of it as well. I just wonder if there could be a complete housecleaning of players coming as well where nobody is offlimits. We might as well rebuild like a new expansion team.

Agree.