HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   who is your favorite player so far this year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1018447)

kimmofan44 10-31-2011 05:59 AM

who is your favorite player so far this year?

who is becoming(or has always been) your favorite flyer this year? with so many new faces i think its a good question to ask. my go to answer is kimmo timonen, but i find myself jumping out of my seat every time jagr gets o salute the crowd. hell, you would have thought we won the cup the first time he scored a goal this season i was so loud. talbot is a great addition and i'm finding more and more that simmonds is what we always wanted to see out of carter(uses his speed and size and actually throws his wieght around). not to mention the rookie crew and the reboot of number 19. so......... who ya got?(oh yeah sorry bryz you too!)

Stockholm Syndrome 10-31-2011 06:09 AM

1. Giroux
2. Timonen
3. Rinaldo - Seriously, the kid gives it his all every shift. It's obvious. He's like Shelley, except younger, faster, and he knows what to do with the puck when it' on his stick. He plays with an edge. I like that.

4. Pronger - It's Chris Pronger.

The difference between 1-4 isn't much. I love our team, and they'll only get better with time.

kimmofan44 10-31-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stockholm Syndrome (Post 38752989)
1. Giroux
2. Timonen
3. Rinaldo - Seriously, the kid gives it his all every shift. It's obvious. He's like Shelley, except younger, faster, and he knows what to do with the puck when it' on his stick. He plays with an edge. I like that.

4. Pronger - It's Chris Pronger.

The difference between 1-4 isn't much. I love our team, and they'll only get better with time.

kimmo is by far my number 1, but i love the addition of rinaldo on your list, if he gets some ice time this year (i'd pair him with talbot and read) he could score 14 15 goals this season, not to mention the fights. good list!

Midnight Oil 10-31-2011 06:32 AM

Claude Giroux.

G Money 10-31-2011 06:41 AM

Giroux

kimmofan44 10-31-2011 07:10 AM

over under for giroux points wise- 95. i think i'd take the over.

jd2210 10-31-2011 07:22 AM

As expected, Simmonds

Swiper the Fox 10-31-2011 07:44 AM

Giroux -hi-lite reel passing/goals all the time
Jagr - despite his age, he is so dominate with the puck along the boards and his ability to find an open player is remarkable
Read - this guy plays with a lot of patience and seems like he's playing in this league for a few years already

Yukon Cornelius 10-31-2011 09:22 AM

Wayne Simmonds: Oozes potential & Tocchet comparison. Born to be a Flyer.

Kimmo Timonen (Hon. Mention) Looks rejuvenated this year. He seems to be borrowing Pronger's "Rocking Chair" Style and pacing himself much better throughout the games.

Least Favourite:

Braydon Coburn: Thinking of naming him "Gandhi" In the 10 games a year when he plays with a nasty snarling mean streak, he looks unstoppable out there and draws Pronger comparisons. You'd think after 5 years, someone would finally figure out is secret attack command "Nixon!" (a little inside)

Danny Briere:One Speech between periods in Game 6 at Buffalo doesn't excuse the errand and "timely" penalties, the floating, the piss poor back checking and the overall return to Briere style defending you've exhibited so far this season. I don't care about your kids, I don't care about your hostel of a home, don't care about your charity (right now) I care about the "A" on your jersey and I expect you to lead by example.

MiamiScreamingEagles 10-31-2011 09:38 AM

http://www.faceoff.com/2754006.bin?size=620x400

Beef Invictus 10-31-2011 09:54 AM

Neither is my favorite but I've become a fan of Jagr and Talbot. Are these the end times?

RJ8812* 10-31-2011 09:57 AM

Giroux without question

everytime he's on a breakaway, I wet my pants in anticipation for the upcoming goal because you know 99% of the time it's going in

On the flip side, like I mentioned in another thread about who the upcoming whipping boy would be this season, I havent at all been impressed with Voracek. I see the effort, but no results

Jumping 10-31-2011 10:22 AM

Talbot

Because
1) He is doing exactly what he was hired to do
2) He is no longer doing it for the Pens, ergo, they are weaker for losing him.

JagerPuck 10-31-2011 10:26 AM

Kimmo has been playing really well this year. Surprisingly well in my opinion.

On the flip side.. Matt Carle has been awful this year.
AWFUL.

DrinkFightFlyers 10-31-2011 10:32 AM

Bryzgalov. I know he played a couple bad games (which no goalie should ever do...time for a trade?!), but he has also played some good ones and is absolutely hilarious. Also after the loss to the Jets I liked how he seemed devastated by the loss and poor play, instead of just shrugging it off. Also he is hilarious.

Flyersfan139 10-31-2011 10:34 AM

1. Giroux - Obvious reasons
2. Wayne Simmonds - Love the way be plays
3.Scott Hartnell - I have always liked Hartnell, spends too much time on the ice and takes dumb penalties at times but I think he is one of the most under appreciated players on the team.

BillyShoe1721 10-31-2011 10:38 AM

http://phillysportsdaily.com/wp-cont...ute.jpg&w=598&

phillyfanatic 10-31-2011 10:39 AM

Giroux, no question about it.

2. Pronger
3. Briere
4. Jagr

BleedOrange 10-31-2011 10:47 AM

SEAN AVERY....:laugh:

FreshPerspective 10-31-2011 10:55 AM

Like seeing Couturier hold his own..fun to watch him develop.

However, G man is the man...

I also like watching Timonen...

I'd like to see more from Bryz and suspect he'll have some hot streaks that will be fun to watch..hopefully.

Flyerfan4life 10-31-2011 11:01 AM

right now i dont really have a stand out fav. that i look forward to watching..

i have a group of players i follow atm.

as the season goes on maybe one will rise to the top.

i might have to give the nod to Simmonds early on thou, hes been stellar, def. born to be a Flyer that lad.

PhillyFlying 10-31-2011 12:14 PM

giroux
jagr
talbot
hartnell (last 4 games)

nevermore 10-31-2011 12:19 PM

Simmonds
Talbot (Never thought I'd say that.)
Timonen

King Forsberg 10-31-2011 12:37 PM

Jagr
Giroux
Timonen
Rinaldo
Couturier.

Jagr has just been a treat to watch.

Spongolium* 10-31-2011 01:10 PM

I gotta say, i'm impressed when schenn plays. Jagr and Giroux are always fun to watch on the ice, and Voracek is awesome.

I don't think I have a favourite. The only way i can look at it, is saying that I really don't like Carle/Lilja/Shelley or Walker. Outside of that everyone else is cool.