HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Islanders Point Blank: New IPB format (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1018717)

Noreaster96 10-31-2011 02:05 PM

New IPB format

Just checked in to see if pointblank had anything new today and my mind was completely blown by what I saw... I had to check the URL to make sure I didn't spell it incorrectly...How long has it been that way? Personally I dont like it all, seems alot more like a regular old blog than the site I came to know and love for a long time...

What do you guys think?

Bunk Moreland 10-31-2011 02:18 PM

It doesn't really bother me, probably in the minority here but I actually like it better and never really liked the old template. Most of the SNY blogs use that kinda of set up so it makes sense for them to change it and make it more like their brand.

Law 10-31-2011 02:23 PM

Strictly speaking about the aesthetics and without getting into the merit of the content -- yuck.

stevedepot 10-31-2011 02:30 PM

It's god awful.
The dark blue gradient nonsense and wider text display makes it all the more annoying to read.
Furthermore, while I liked Schultz' articles, this new guy Alan Avital is terrible.
Hardly knows enough about hockey and goes out of his way to use hockey catch phrases to mask his inabilities.

Without Botta there to add his exclusives (thanks to ties with players agents and hockey contacts) that site is no longer a must read.

Between hockey message boards and a few twitter inside hockey group followings you can get all the info as it happens.

I think the majority of our fans dislike the new format.

redbull 10-31-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreaster96 (Post 38766271)
Just checked in to see if pointblank had anything new today and my mind was completely blown by what I saw... I had to check the URL to make sure I didn't spell it incorrectly...How long has it been that way? Personally I dont like it all, seems alot more like a regular old blog than the site I came to know and love for a long time...

What do you guys think?

I thought the old site's design was worse. I like this one better than Botta's site but NEITHER are anything close to "cutting edge" from a design, usability, functionality aspect.

But who cares.

Ultimately, the site will succeed/fail on the quality of the content. And there've been a few updates already today, which in encouraging.

I'm just glad we have SOME kind of coverage. And I like what Staple's done since Katie left.

xECK29x 10-31-2011 02:44 PM

It's terrible, another reason just to follow Schultz on Twitter and not even bother with the site.

JKP 10-31-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law (Post 38767017)
Strictly speaking about the aesthetics and without getting into the merit of the content -- yuck.

Agreed. Some icky template. Needs some creative zest for sure.

enigmatic 10-31-2011 10:37 PM

its got nicer aesthetics than the NVMC so i can't complain

MikeyMike01 10-31-2011 10:56 PM

That looks horrible. I'm never visiting there again... I don't think my eyes can bare to look at that again.